Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Comm Conversion & Caps in 2.0 (Bioware needs to communicate)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Comm Conversion & Caps in 2.0 (Bioware needs to communicate)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TrickyNinja
04.02.2013 , 02:02 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
As some folks have indicated in the thread we did recently post more specifics on exactly what this will look like when it goes live. Here are links to three of Amber's posts on the topic from yesterday:
Hope that helps!

-eric
Hi Eric, appreciate the feedback but this is still not addressing most players primary concern. Why are the caps so low? There has been no explanation on this from BioWare, only repeating the caps and conversion ratios and how we will lose comms beyond the "overflow limits". And to another concern OP mentioned, why are the conversion rates for the comms so low? As he detailed, the prices are actually going UP on many items, which seems counterintuitive seeing as the gear that Classic Comms buys will be easier to come by from FPs/OPs.
Death Sentence
Niccolo [55] | Trickyninja [55] | Lazzaro [55] | Buffer[55] | ProtocÚl[55] | Tiberio[55]
Server: The Shadowlands US/PvE/East

DarthVengeant
04.02.2013 , 02:16 PM | #12
As some folks have indicated in the thread we did recently post more specifics on exactly what this will look like when it goes live. Here are links to three of Amber's posts on the topic from yesterday:
Hope that helps!

-eric
I am telling your right now sir....the hate mail is going to flow once 2.0 hits if you don't raise the cap to at least 400 weekly...for everything. Your only going to be able to buy about 2 pieces of high end gear a week, that's just utterly UNACCEPTABLE. How do you expect us to gear our companions now? What exactly are subscribers being gimped like this for? A slap in the face? The cap should be for FTP, not subscribers. Whoever thought this ridiculous low cap up should frankly be fired. It quite frankly is one of the most idiotic things I have ever seen in a game.

You guys at Bioware do not live in reality of the state of your game anymore. You ignore the things people want and have wanted since the game came out. (Armor Dye, Hood up or down, etc) You act like everything is happy flowers, but it is not. You really need to start listening to players, not your core group of testers and your biased focus group. Most of the people in my 100+ member guild would agree with my statement, so it's not just a minority. Please raise the cap!!!!

FuryoftheStars
04.02.2013 , 02:43 PM | #13
-deleted-
The Shadowlands
||| Vanguard | Sage | Sentinel | Scoundrel

Skondy
04.02.2013 , 02:46 PM | #14
Hope that helps!

-eric
Hi, Eric, can you give us an exact breakdown of what will happen with our Unassembled Columi and Unassembled Rakata pieces?

Thanks!

MagnusCarter
04.02.2013 , 03:12 PM | #15
Hope that helps!

-eric
Though I follow the Dev Tracker and so have picked this up, I think this is significant enough that I'm surprised that the fact that you will LOSE commendations has not be published on the launcher. I know a number of people who don't make a habit of reading the forums, which from what I've seen before posted from Bioware people, does include a substantial amount of the player base.

These caps need to be put in a Blog post and added to the Launcher BEFORE people lose their items.

Izorii
04.03.2013 , 12:57 AM | #16
My two thoughts on this is
1) What about people who dont read the forums? How angry will they be when all their comms vanish.
2) The daily, weekly and conversion rates dont seem right to me, far too low with the price of gear on pre 2.0 comms being too high. After it will be fine because classic comms can be got from dailys and space missions so people will be well equiped shortly after they hit lv 50.

TrickyNinja
04.03.2013 , 06:36 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
I am telling your right now sir....the hate mail is going to flow once 2.0 hits if you don't raise the cap to at least 400 weekly...for everything. Your only going to be able to buy about 2 pieces of high end gear a week, that's just utterly UNACCEPTABLE. How do you expect us to gear our companions now? What exactly are subscribers being gimped like this for? A slap in the face? The cap should be for FTP, not subscribers. Whoever thought this ridiculous low cap up should frankly be fired. It quite frankly is one of the most idiotic things I have ever seen in a game.

You guys at Bioware do not live in reality of the state of your game anymore. You ignore the things people want and have wanted since the game came out. (Armor Dye, Hood up or down, etc) You act like everything is happy flowers, but it is not. You really need to start listening to players, not your core group of testers and your biased focus group. Most of the people in my 100+ member guild would agree with my statement, so it's not just a minority. Please raise the cap!!!!
Darth I agree with you on a number of concerns you mentioned, but I think you may be getting carried away a little. Demanding someone be fired for not implementing something in THEIR game they way YOU want it is over the top. However, I do agree with you that this is an inexplicable cap and limitation for paying subscribers that will negatively impact our playing experience. Limiting the amount of comms we can get weekly and total will only limit the amount of time we play and drag out how long it takes to grind for gear for ourselves and our companions.
Death Sentence
Niccolo [55] | Trickyninja [55] | Lazzaro [55] | Buffer[55] | ProtocÚl[55] | Tiberio[55]

Jacen_Starsolo
04.03.2013 , 06:42 AM | #18
Is the comm conversion on Tuesday the 9th or on the 14th? How it stands I am guessing the 9th since RotHC goes live that day for preorder people who did it early.

TrickyNinja
04.03.2013 , 06:53 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Jacen_Starsolo View Post
Is the comm conversion on Tuesday the 9th or on the 14th? How it stands I am guessing the 9th since RotHC goes live that day for preorder people who did it early.
That's a good question. My guess would be the 14th though because the changes to the commendation systems are not part of RotHC, they are part of the 2.0 game update which is set for the 14th.
Death Sentence

EricMusco
04.03.2013 , 12:18 PM | #20 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Jacen_Starsolo View Post
The Commendation conversions will go live on the 9th when early access starts and 2.0 goes live.
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]