Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

server merge question (NOT A RANT)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
server merge question (NOT A RANT)

fighterian
04.01.2013 , 06:28 PM | #1
this is an unacceptable answer, to the question about server merges, which was...................
Due to the upcoming APAC merges, will we as subscribers, have the option of PICKING the server we go to individually? as I play on Dalborra, which is going to Harbinger (where I already have 16 characters, because of the last server merges) or Shadowlands ( where I already have 12 characters). SO, will I be able to transfer my Dalborra characters to Berenger, for example? I'd hate to end up with 28 characters on one server............. or 24 on the other............

Bob

Greetings,

I am Protocol Droid M0-T0, Human-Cyborg Relations.

Thank you for contacting us to express your concerns regarding the plans for our Asia-Pacific servers.

While the post from our Community Manager Eric Musco on the official forums at http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=3178 gave some detail about our plans to transfer players to higher-population servers in the USA, and explained why we could not offer a timeline for these transfers at this point – we know that the solution proffered may not be to the liking of all players from the region.

We are aware that our Asia-Pacific players have been asking for a solution that will allow each of you to experience Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ to the fullest, with Warzones and Group Finder queues that pop more readily, and with planets full of other players to adventure alongside. When we asked you for your suggestions, we found that many players expressed a desire to move to servers in the US which already have higher populations as a result of the server consolidations, while others liked the idea of an Asia-Pacific “super-server”.

When considering what would ultimately work best for all players, we took a number of factors into account. From our experience with server consolidations, we learned that asking players to “give up” the RP, PvE, PvP or RP-PvP aspect of their server in exchange for higher population caused a great deal of upset – with many players feeling like they were unfairly being asked to sacrifice their chosen play-style in order to have others to play with. Merging all of the APAC servers into one would most likely lead to players who like their PvP or RP having to play on a pure PvE server, or PvE and RP players having to play on a PvP server, and we were not about to ask you all to do that.

An additional concern was that, even with the populations of three servers merged in to one, the number of concurrent users may not be as high as you would expect it to be, and you might not see a dramatic improvement in population throughout the game – and we would like you all to have players to play with at all levels and not just at the elder game stage.

We did also consider the impact of geographical distance on the play experience, and found that West Coast USA servers will offer a playable experience for players connecting from the APAC region. With higher populations and a server type that suits each individual player, we hope that any performance degradation will be mitigated by an improvement in the overall play experience.

We do accept that this solution is not ideal for everyone, and that in trying to provide a better experience for more players we may also be upsetting others in the process. We do honestly regret any disappointment caused by the solution we are offering, but we must restate that this is the solution we intend to implement.

Please keep an eye on the forums and swtor.com for more information on the timeline for these transfers.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. Please don’t hesitate to contact us again if you have any further questions or encounter any issues.

Galactic Support is our Specialty....

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid M0-T0

OwenBrooks
04.02.2013 , 12:29 AM | #2
Prior to the merge you can transfer toons to any west coast server

gurneyslabb
04.02.2013 , 08:31 AM | #3
They give the same respone to anyone regardless of what your ticket says regarding Apac servers, must be a taboo subject at Bioware now