Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Customer Service April Fools

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Customer Service April Fools

DivineMiscreant
04.01.2013 , 06:54 PM | #1
So there is apparently only a certain amount of cartel coins you can buy before a "hold" is put on your account by EA. Thank you for telling me you do NOT want my money. Good to know. The only way to fix this problem is to call their ( and I use the term loosely) customer service line. When I read the Cartel Coin FaQ's I saw no mention of a limit. On the forums this seems to be a recurring problem.I get the whole to many problems and not enough people to hear them but putting my call to some "escalated" line lmao. For this ingame problem EA created and giving no other option but to call a random number only to have someone who from the sounds of it is working from home and can't really help you is just stupid. My guess is they get paid by how long people sit on hold? 160 and counting minutes and counting with the scratchiest sounding hold song (because it is the same one playing over and over).

DivineMiscreant
04.01.2013 , 09:30 PM | #2
That moron CSR because if he is mentally competent than he was just being a huge tool put me on hold for a department that was already CLOSED! WTH is that the policy of the company?

TexasMarine
04.02.2013 , 01:32 AM | #3
First off, how did you not know about the hold? That's been an issue for over 6 months and people have finally learned to accept it. as far as the CS is concerned....it's not April fools....it's legit. That is how they are get over it and get in line and wait like the rest of us

DivineMiscreant
04.02.2013 , 11:00 AM | #4
Thank you for serving Tex.

It is NOT being put on hold I had a problem with. (Although yes it sucked, mostly because of the music.) I had googled as much as I could on this problem and yes I knew there would be long wait times.( It does not mean I have to like it) However it was NOT having to wait in line. It was NOT a need for instant gratification or the need to have my problem come before anyone elses .( Because frankly as ingame problems go this one is absurd) . My aggravation was from being put on hold to a department that was CLOSED as in NO one was there and would not be there until the following day..... That department was closed BEFORE I called...So instead of being told I had to call back between such and such times, which is what the second CSR told me from a second line the tool bag transferred me over. This would annoy ANYONE... I was well aware of the long hold times which is why I sat on hold for four hours and went about doing other things.However you did a fine job of the "policing" complaints....

Rehneu
04.02.2013 , 12:20 PM | #5
I have never had a hold placed on my account a single time when making purchases. If this holds true for the reason of the error code, then this IS something new that is hitting every account with zero notification of actual limit of purchases. Just last week I made two purchases of the 5500 package of cartel coins with zero issues. Yesterday, can only make one purchase.

Subscribing customer as well. The way I see it, it is indeed a way to say they don't want your money.

DivineMiscreant
04.02.2013 , 01:31 PM | #6
When I spoke to customer service they admitted the error can come up and there have been calls on it(There are several reasons why it does) and usually a 24 hour break will reset it,but as I kept trying each day(Guess it was not exactly 24 hours between tries) a longer reset period is needed. They also recommended that it is better to buy one larger pack over the several 4.99 ones that I had bought in a short amount of time, which makes sense. However it was "easier" for me to go "Hey it's only 4.99" lol. I did however find out what their hours were which was nice. Hopefully they will add it to the coins faq's because in all honestly I did feel silly calling in for something like this but I was concerned it would affect subscription renewal so I kept at it until I was able to speak with someone.

ChairForceOne
04.02.2013 , 01:45 PM | #7
It's possible this "hold" is actually on your billing source, your credit or debit card, which isn't all that uncommon when purchasing virtual nothings with credit cards.. it happens a lot. Banks put blocks on it because it's very frequently used for fraud.

Additionally, i kinda hope it's a legit hold. I would def support it. I mean, buying a few here and there is okay. but allowing people to buy in game advantages over other people with real money seems kinda silly.
Quote:
You'd be like :O and we'd be like :] and the people on the forums would be like

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Zyriva - Blizzard Entertainment Customer Support