Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Harbinger lag is making this unplayable

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Harbinger lag is making this unplayable

iHernyx
03.31.2013 , 02:09 PM | #11
From what i've been reading on the forums the past couple of days i noticed that people oustide the US are more affected by the lag issues, there's something wrong with their servers or their provider.

I've been playing since november and had never had lag issues until 1 week ago that i started getting lag spikes, and its not on my end.

EDIT: Well this is awkward. I've always been playing on an East Coast server and averaged around 195 ms which is playable (3 bars). When it starts lagging I get 350-570 (1 bar to 2 bars). Now I just checked a West Coast server and I get 250 there which due to my location is normal. Also tried other east coast servers and it still lags, i'm surprised its normal on the west coast ones.

stars_fan
03.31.2013 , 10:29 PM | #12
From your description of your problem it sounds like a problem on the Internet. Now before you flip out and tell me your ISP isn't the problem I ask you to follow along.

The Internet works similarly to the postal system. Your connection to your ISP is like your home mailbox. You mail a letter and put it in the mailbox and that's where you loose control of the letter. So now you put your faith in the postal system to get your letter to its destination and the same thing goes with problems on the Internet.

If your letter doesn't make it to its destination do you call the receiver and blame them? Most likely your problem is somewhere in the middle. Think about how many people touch your letter and that's what's going on with the Internet.

So now if you provide the trace routes maybe we can take a look and see where your problem is at.

Fleurdelis
04.01.2013 , 01:44 AM | #13
Im in Alaska and play on the harbinger on a laptop just over 2 years old and am not experiencing any lag.

Octom
04.01.2013 , 05:33 PM | #14
I'm not ignoring you guys, just busy. I'll look into it shortly.

There's still the rising guildy complaint thing too. It really isn't just me.
Quote: Originally Posted by AdamChattaway View Post
doe snot
No referral link for you. I don't want you to subscribe to this 'game'. I don't want you to play it at all. I want you to go away from this broken mess that will never be fixed and find something else.

Devair
04.01.2013 , 09:00 PM | #15
May I add my 2 cents?
I am playing from Australia with almost no problems. Very rare Lag spikes of 52640ms

Since yesterday I have been running into invisible walls, adds stop following, things can't be placed or replaced.
Constantly a sign that my program stopped working even though I have 170-180ms constantly. It started yesterday and persists today. Any thoughts what might cause this behavior?

Octom
04.02.2013 , 01:57 PM | #16
This same issue is now worse after this last update which was supposed to include something that sounded like it might be addressing the problem.

Trying that tracer method above only gets me an Access is denied message. Mine is the only profile on the computer and I'm the administrator.
Quote: Originally Posted by AdamChattaway View Post
doe snot
No referral link for you. I don't want you to subscribe to this 'game'. I don't want you to play it at all. I want you to go away from this broken mess that will never be fixed and find something else.