Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is it possible to complete all of the group missions by grinding and going solo?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Is it possible to complete all of the group missions by grinding and going solo?

PheonixDawn
03.30.2013 , 04:07 AM | #1
I have a physical handicap and learning disability, which causes group missions to be stressful and also painful since I have to push myself to move as quickly as others. Can I go through the group missions by myself just by leveling up or skip them?
How do they affect my game experience and stats if i skip them? I get left behind by other players or voted out and can"t communicate very well so I have trouble even if i tell them ahead of time what to expect. I find the rest of the game is a nice challenge and don't mind the extra time leveling if I can do it that way. Also I enjoy the storyline but find most people want to skip.

Avorniel
03.30.2013 , 08:50 AM | #2
if your gear is up to date you could prob solo most if not all H-2's depending on the class as some have cc's to control mobs so it makes it a bit easier that's all.
H-4's are tricky some are doable others are not. I don't bother at all with h-4's unless I can fill the last spot as they just take to long to get a group from them .
You don't need to do the group heroics at all but the rewards are handy ie modable armour, and such the main thing you will miss out on is the commendations which you can use to upgrade your armour,not saying you can't do it but it just takes a bit longer depending on drops from mobs etc.

Flashpoint's are nice to do and I know what you mean about people rushing through them and skipping the clips.Only thing I could suggest is try getting a guild group for the runs if your in a guild if not try find a nice one,don't be afraid to spam general chat and ask for players who will do the whole FP . Some person did that on my server and I jumped at it and now there are a group of us who always do the FP's together no rush ,no hassle,clear everything .You may be surprised at how many responses you get.

Bottom line you don't need to do any group content to finish the game it may cost you more for mods,gear but you could always craft the main ones but that can be time consuming and cost and also you will very quickly out level your crafting skill for all the professions,so you will be spending a great amount of time crafting as well,though that isn't a bad thing

Hope this help's a little bit and I am sure others will add there views to

I sense a great disturbance in the Force... it's as if a million hamsters suddenly cried out in terror... and suddenly fell silent. Ref:- Raji_Lev

PheonixDawn
03.30.2013 , 11:35 AM | #3
Thank you very much for responding. The info you included gives me some peace of mind and now i can begin to progress. I'll leave this thread open longer to see if others have insight they want to contribute as well. Thank you again

BigKnubby
03.30.2013 , 12:34 PM | #4
I concur, there is nothing story wise that you miss by not doing the group missions, though the quest rewards can be useful. Staying at a higher level than the quests do make them doable (even the heroic 4's, in my experience), however, because the rewards are geared towards being useful for a player that are the target level for those quests. Also, you mentioned having difficulty keeping up with other players action wise when on group missions. While soloing group missions are easier if you are overleveled and/or overgeared, it is still much more challenging and fast paced than the regular missions. I sometimes skip some of the missions for that reason myself.

Avorniel
03.30.2013 , 01:30 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by PheonixDawn View Post
Thank you very much for responding. The info you included gives me some peace of mind and now i can begin to progress. I'll leave this thread open longer to see if others have insight they want to contribute as well. Thank you again
Anytime

One thing I did forget to mention which may help you in the gearing part, when the new expac. comes out in few weeks time all the commendations become 1 so you wont have different ones for each planet.What I have found is some drop more than others (well it seems that way lol ) so with this in mind you can use any you have to upgrade your armour/weapons which makes things a bit easier at any level.
Also if you do find a nice group to do the flashpoint's with remember to get the daily quest from fleet in the supply section and go into the flashpoint's via the group finder with your group this gives you more commendations,exp and credits plus anything that drop inside the FP again makes things easier for gearing either yourself or alts or companions.

above was a bit of topic but it may counter some of the gearing issues and maybe keep the cost down a bit .

I sense a great disturbance in the Force... it's as if a million hamsters suddenly cried out in terror... and suddenly fell silent. Ref:- Raji_Lev

PheonixDawn
04.01.2013 , 07:44 PM | #6
Thank you, its nice to know I'm not missing out and that I can continue to play without worrying that at some point I'll have to quit and lose the money and effort I've put in to it! That means a lot since I'm such a fan of Star Wars!