Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.0 DPS results for all classes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
2.0 DPS results for all classes

Darth_Dreselus
03.29.2013 , 11:05 AM | #21
Out of curiosity what is the best fight to compare DPS classes in raid settings. I am thinking Bonetrasher as the whole fight is pretty much just a non-stop spank, you can even ignore the Manka Cats and just have a tank deal with them. other options are Karraga (very little in terms of wasted DPS or target switching), Gharj (most people move at the same time so the DPS uptime should be the same for almost everyone), XRR-3 (unless some people are off healing, instant cast classes can get a slight edge during mortar phase) or Vorgath (a slight edge can be gained by ranged classes). Most other fights either have too many adds, mechanics that lock out players for a period of time or mechanics that skew DPS based on individual roles.

It won't really be until raids are run in 2.0 and people compare their MoX results that we will know any actual balance. Parses on dummies are just that, parses on dummies, even live DPS leaderboards acknowledge that some classes suffer without armour reductions and executes.
The Last Centurions Derpyn - Sage / Toughen - Vanguard / Bluffin - Scoundrel / Roughen - Sentinel
Filthy-rich - Juggernaut / Timberwulf - Sniper / Ironwill - Mercenary / Ahuizotl - Assassin

BiS Relics for Healers PvE/PvP

invertioN
03.29.2013 , 11:22 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Dreselus View Post
Out of curiosity what is the best fight to compare DPS classes in raid settings. .
Dreadtooth on 1 stack

yoomazir
03.30.2013 , 07:19 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by invertioN View Post
Dreadtooth on 1 stack
Too much lag.

invertioN
03.30.2013 , 05:16 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by yoomazir View Post
Too much lag.
Lag? Do it at night then :P

Xeraz
04.02.2013 , 09:49 AM | #25
Thanks for you work on the PTS
"Who I am is not important, my message is."

Gyronamics
04.04.2013 , 06:11 AM | #26
It is possible to calculate roughly the DPS in a raid from these numbers.

My main problem will be my lack of understanding of non-trooper classes.
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN

bbare
04.04.2013 , 10:40 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
It is possible to calculate roughly the DPS in a raid from these numbers.

My main problem will be my lack of understanding of non-trooper classes.
The only way to do that would be to see the parses of each raid boss for each class and spec and compare what they do on the dummy to find what percentage of their "optimal" dps they do on a boss fight. There are just too many factors in boss fights to do it any other way.
The Vanity Legacy

Gyronamics
04.04.2013 , 01:52 PM | #28
I mean "raid" as in including armour debuff, low hp damage boosts.

For example...

Here is the Assault Commando parse with modifications to include the effects of outside boosts:

2567 solo
2719 with an armour debuff
2759 with an armour debuff and 30% extra damage on DoT for the last 30% of health
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN

bbare
04.04.2013 , 05:42 PM | #29

For example...

Here is the Assault Commando parse with modifications to include the effects of outside boosts:

2567 solo
2759 with an armour debuff and 30% extra damage on DoT for the last 30% of health
I see, but why do you need additional info for everything but commandos? You could pretty much take the info from the parser data to at least get the damage with an armor debuff for every class. The only thing that would be a problem is for classes with an active execute ability, which would really only make a big difference for the assassin, and a minor difference for a marauder, jugg, or sniper. Also, what armor rating were you using? I found on the PTS, bosses have somewhere between 35% and 40% armor.
The Vanity Legacy

Leira_Kheren
04.05.2013 , 03:50 AM | #30

For example...

2567 solo
You could check out my 1.6 dps simulation for powertech and try to get a feeling for the impact of armor debuff and DoT-Buff. The sheet still simulate live combat, but can be varied to respect the enemy armor value and every buff/debuff possible. From this analysis somebody could extrapolate the results...

Sorry that I dont deliver those numbers myself, but I'm on a trip and dont have MS Excel acces now..