Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Day 1 people please post reply...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Day 1 people please post reply...

Pantaro
03.29.2013 , 03:14 PM | #41
been around since beta,subbed since launch.i have a love/hate relationship with the game,everyday i feel more and more like sub's are getting screwed more as time goes on.I considered going prefered all the time but realize with the restrictions I wouldn't even play.Pretty much I'm bidding my time til wildstar comes out than i'm gone.

honestly I've never liked F2P always felt it just whores out a game and cheapens the experiance,i like to pay my fee and get everything not pay my fee and either save up coins for months or spend even more money just to truly enjoy a game.

beyond disappointed but i'm still here for now....

Eillack
03.30.2013 , 11:24 AM | #42
Been following this game when the rumors of a new Star Wars MMO began on the Internet years ago. Did a couple of the Beta tests, pre-ordered CE almost instantly (though now a days that looks felt like a mistake), been playing sinse wave 1 of early access.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

akkerin
04.01.2013 , 03:18 AM | #43
Been here since Beta, love the game, looking forward and beyond.
Guild Leader Snugs : The Last Legion. The Progenitor Server

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.

WhyNot
04.01.2013 , 11:37 AM | #44
Was in a couple closed betas & open beta. Pre-ordered CE on first day it was available (wish the CE vendor got more stuff to sell though). Started playing live servers on first day of early access. And, have never unsubscribed. Some stuff is annoying; but, overall, I still like SWTOR.

JMacneish
04.01.2013 , 11:43 AM | #45
been here since closed beta and always been subbed, dispite the many bad points this game still has i still find more enjoyable than WoW ever was as long as to doesnt suddenly bomb to its death ill still be here for some time yet

and yes i paid for the makeb xpac on day 1 as well this is still a decent MMO and better than some of the others still hanging on (imo of course)

Master_Nate
04.01.2013 , 11:55 AM | #46
Hey all,

Been here since early access and have paid concurrent sub the entire time, no breaks for me. I will admit, I reached 50 within the first two weeks and was let down with things, like a lot were. I went to unsub mid January because I was just not feeling it. I then met some folks, joined their guild and got into raiding. We did all the content and I really enjoyed it. We participated in the Rakghoul event, PvP, and anything this game had to offer to a player at first. Then when they released Denova things began to spiral downward. The patch came out and subs began to bleed very quickly. It seemed like day and night with the turnover in players on the fleet but I still had a group that kept me going.

Server merges happened, guild went separate ways and again I played solo for months. This is when I just took to PvP and gave up on PvE for the time being. After many months and with the upcoming raid coming out, Joined a new guild to tackle 16 man HM TFB and once we completed that, they came out with NiM EC. Again, guild hit the wall and all the officers and GM unsubbed at once stating they didn't enjoy the game and it was a job, just not fun.

I ended up going solo again and have been since early December, not a complaint just an observation. All I do is PvP. That's just it though, there isn't much of an incentive after so long. No new warzones, the gear is maxed and the ones you played with leave.

"You don't need incentives. You should have fun with it" - And I do, but after a year straight the fun starts to lack some and this is normal. While I'm willing to wait and see, I think I'm just waiting at this point

I feel like I'm constantly playing the same people and it just loses it's mojo after a while. When the PvP crowd says they know how most matches will end up, they are being honest. It's not hard to determine once you see who is on your team and who is on the other team. Granted things can go differently from time to time but it really leaves little to the imagination when half of your team camps the node once seeing who they are up against .

Also, there isn't much talk with new things coming out for PvP and since I really just don't care for PvE, due to the overturn of PvE guilds, I'm kind of at a loss currently. I am on the verge of taking a break at the moment myself . With that said, the PvP is really good imo, it only lacks diversity to keep me coming back after a year of the same.

Not that the game isn't good, it is...I just don't seem to find groups/crowds that I do enjoy playing the game with very often(could just be me ). When I do, those players seem to be on their way out as well(never see them again). I am sticking around to 2.0 to test out the changes and level up my 50s to 55. I've tried and am trying again to give this game some chance since I know it takes a while for it to blossom but I'll be honest, as much as I love this game and am proud to have been here the whole time, my interest is fading a little. I have about 3 peeps that really tie me into this game still, without them I'd may have left a month ago.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rewzter View Post
but is really worth it?
TL;DR This is NOT a QQ post, just going with the thread theme. It's a good game in my opinion, with some improvements needed, but the duration of fun can vary per player and/or experience I think. I'd say it's worth trying out. I feel like I've gotten my money worth but I didn't have any expectations coming into this game!(Did not play WoW)
IMPERIAL AGENT
Nodo/Yonder
Lobsters go PEENCH PEENCH
Prophecy of the Five

Deadsanto
04.01.2013 , 08:39 PM | #47
Been here since day 1 will always love it
"I find your lack of faith disturbing"

Quickpaw
04.01.2013 , 08:58 PM | #48
Showed up a week or so after the site went live (late October of '08), and have been drooling in anticipation ever since. I got in early enough to grab an awesome username.
Honestly, when it comes down to it, I don't think I'm a very "good" Jedi. And you know what? I'm fine with that. I trust my heart more than my head, and that's not a bad thing.
My name is Shadow. And I am a Jedi.

TheSkate
04.02.2013 , 01:34 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Genuine View Post
been here since Beta and day 1 like you got one or two things that are starting to get on my nerves like how all the new items are going into the cartel market and how the new race and barbershop is going to be cartel market too meaning even subscribers will have to pay extra for them
but apart from that enjoyed the game
Same here. I have played thru all but two entire story lines (Trooper and Jedi Knight are in progress) and I enjoy the flashpoints and operations. The cartel market thing is pretty bogus though(even if I don't care about playing a Cathar). Making anyone that BUYS the expansion pay for the new race just plain sucks.
GG EA games.
"Blah blah blah, yackity smackity, and a nice cold glass of orange juice"
Hugh Tasmanian Devil

Toland
04.02.2013 , 03:30 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSkate View Post
Same here. I have played thru all but two entire story lines (Trooper and Jedi Knight are in progress) and I enjoy the flashpoints and operations. The cartel market thing is pretty bogus though(even if I don't care about playing a Cathar). Making anyone that BUYS the expansion pay for the new race just plain sucks.
GG EA games.
Jedi Knight was one of my three favorite story lines, along with Inquisitor and Agent.