Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

Ventessel
03.28.2013 , 08:06 AM | #591
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
A 120-word drabble for Cross Faction: Catching Up. No game spoilers.

Spoiler

Spoiler
Loved this! My immediate reaction was to think of the TV Tropes page Shut Up, Hannibal!
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

bright_ephemera
03.28.2013 , 02:42 PM | #592
^.^

Six Cross Faction passages remain, starting with Legacy. Agent endgame spoilers. 750 words.
Spoiler

Spoiler

Then Cross Faction: Tools of the Trade. Agent endgame spoilers. 500 words.
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

bright_ephemera
03.28.2013 , 03:00 PM | #593
Now the last four.

Cross Faction: Enemies. Spoilers for Agent endgame. 450 words.
Spoiler

Cross Faction: Dreams and Nightmares. No game spoilers. 300 words.
Spoiler

Cross Faction, Epilogue: First Day on the Job or something like it. 300 words.
Spoiler

Cross Faction, Coda: What If?, a Vierce!verse canon piece to tie off this AU. 220 words, no spoilers.

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

kabeone
03.28.2013 , 04:39 PM | #594
I was going to drive by post but nope, STORIES TOO AWESOME NOT TO COMMENT.

@Striges
Quote:
He cursed whatever cruel power created Twi'leks with three d*cks, but only one of them good for fun.
I have so many favorite lines I could make a book of favorite lines, but that one goes on the first page. In bold. <3

The whole concept of Rixik Agent is so awesome and it makes sense for Keeper to put him with Kaliyo because really Keeper doesn't care about either of them as long as he can get some work out of them. Also, I'm guessing the noble ones get killed a lot.

@bright I loved this ending and tie up. Of all the people the trooper meets Balkar probably is the most trustworthy, which is probably the saddest indictment of the people the trooper meets.
Quote:
His security clearance was processed to retroactively make his involvement in the Cipher Nine affair legal. Actually he got a lot of paperwork retroactively declaring his blunders legal.
<3 Kirsk <3

And thank you for the 'What If?' epilogue. *sniffles*
Edit: I forgot, Yay Vector!

And now the thing I was going to drive-by post I hope it makes sense.

Knightless: To Market, To Market: Shopping List
Spoiler

Note:
Spoiler

Striges
03.28.2013 , 07:47 PM | #595
@ Bright: LOVE this conclusion. Hunter gloating to the last, Vierce wondering what to do with the codex...eee I really liked the whole story. The epilogue was lovely. I also really liked Vierce's dream, with dream-Elara giving him permission to love another. Because wouldn't otherwise. He might move on, but he'd never really love another person.

The followup with canon!Vierce was so sweet.

@ Kabeone: Showing the plan unfolding as a series of receipts was a brilliant idea. I have to admit I giggled at Jaesa's requisitions. It helps to read the note first.

Godera's requisitions are scary.

I almost cut Shen's reaction to getting his lekku stomped. I liked it, but I was concerned I was keeping it because I liked it and not because it was in character. Glad everyone agreed with my decision .

Striges
03.29.2013 , 07:05 AM | #596
Cleaner

Prompt and Title: Catching Up (part one)

Character: Shen/Rixik, Kaliyo, Keeper

Spoiler for a possible outcome of Agent Hutta and parts of Chapter 2. Mention of a general quest on Tattooine and implied knowledge of one on Hutta, but neither is really spoiler-y.

This universe has taken over my brain.

Spoiler

bright_ephemera
03.29.2013 , 08:25 AM | #597
@kabeone Love the storytelling format here. So much ego and so many plans that can be brought up by a requisition list.

@Striges eeexcellent, stories taking over brains! I love the image of Rixik settling on Keeper's desk. I love that the exasperation Keeper tends to show even cooperative agents is so thoroughly brought out by a guy like Rixik.

I'm glad people liked Cross Faction! That was a ton of fun to figure out. And now I can go back to Vierce's prime universe, wherein anybody who tries to harm Elara gets beaten up before they get to her.
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

bright_ephemera
03.29.2013 , 05:11 PM | #598
Week of 3/29/2013
Hide and Seek - Sometimes our characters need to find something they just don't have. Sometimes they need to keep something hidden from somebody else. Write about a time your character was hiding, seeking, hidden, or sought.

And, as ever,
Night of the Living Prompt: Keep on using any prompt you like! Check out the list at http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=1675.
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

Striges
03.29.2013 , 11:31 PM | #599
Cleaner

Characters: Shen/Rixik, Keeper

Prompt and Title: Catching Up, Part Two

Perfect prompt, Bright. I’m still calling this Catching Up, since the last section was part one, but it fits Hide and Seek as though you read my mind.

Spoilers for Agent Chapters One and Two.

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler

Striges
04.01.2013 , 08:09 AM | #600
Cleaner

Prompt: Hide and Seek

Character: Shen/Rixik

Title: Dangerous Game

AU will not leave me alone. Spoilers for Agent story (Dromund Kaas mostly) and Act Two. Immediately follows the last episode. Just over 800 words.

Spoiler