Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Walking Penumbral

MilaniGrey
01.29.2013 , 05:42 PM | #11
*has turned into a content nommer like kabe*
*om nom*
The Islingr LegacyShatter the Darkness
Astaron, Narithia, Xalkory, Áilleacht
The Ebon Hawk Server
Forever Shenanigans!

irishfino
01.29.2013 , 06:16 PM | #12
Purple? Is he dark Jaesa now?
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

iamthehoyden
01.30.2013 , 02:25 PM | #13
Purple's a pretty color.
So is red.
But the Empire has been red foooooreeeeeeever!!!!
Some traditions are valuable.
You just don't like purple because it clashes with your skintone.
We're wasting time here when we could be doing something useful instead.
Hmph, I bet Nox would like purple.
I swear I don't know how Ukaita and Scourge escaped the AU thread. This is what I get for neglecting them.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Vesaniae
01.30.2013 , 02:40 PM | #14
It seems that there is some confusion. *mutters* Idiots...
Now, now, be nice.
Spoilsport...

*sigh* Fine, fine. Allow me to clarify: I am Nox. I am purple. I have always been purple, and I will always be purple, because purple is an excellent color. It's the color of lightning and evil Force stuff! Also, I am not Dark Jaesa! Dark Jaesa is a hussy, and I am most certainly not a hussy. Hmph.
Yes, yes. Away with ye.
What? But...I was having fun!
Too much meta is not a good thing.
Nonsense, there can never be too much meta!
ENOUGH, Nox.
Fine. *stalks off*
I do hope that cleared up any confusion about the colors... It's been a while, I know. >.>
Force Lightning: The solution to every problem. Every. Problem.
Afterimages * Walking Penumbral * Like Moths to the Flame
Forever Shenanigans!

iamthehoyden
01.30.2013 , 02:53 PM | #15
See, Nox likes purple.
You do realize that your color choice may confuse people.
I'm not purple, I'm Dark Orchid...doesn't it sound all sexy and mysterious??
<facepalm>

<shoves Ukaita and Scourge back into the AU thread> They won't get out again, I swear!
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Vesaniae
03.29.2013 , 10:38 PM | #16
Deep in the desert wasteland of this thread, an author appears to deliver content and alleviate the drought...

Three - Scum and a Villain
Red Light District, Nar Shaddaa
19 ATC

Vesania reflected idly as she snapped a man’s neck with her bare hands that she was really starting to lose her touch. She hadn’t even noticed the group of suspicious-looking individuals skulking in the shadow of a building until she had practically run over them. Of course, they had immediately accosted her for inadvertently disrupting their illicit business dealings.

That was not going too well for them.

There had been six when the fight started. Vesania let the third corpse drop to the ground and regarded her other three assailants with a smile. They exchanged glances, then moved to flank her.

She had killed the first three without even bothering to draw her blaster, just for the fun of it. It had been far too long since she’d had the chance to practice unarmed combat. However, the fight had reached the point where it would simply be easier to use the weapon, since she couldn’t draw upon the Force without potentially revealing herself to any Jedi or Sith in the area.

She still had her enhanced reflexes, however. In the blink of an eye, she drew her blaster smoothly and shot the first thug in the head. An instant later, she was rolling into cover behind a crate that had been dropped at the beginning of the fight.

The men started to rush her. Vesania dropped them both with ease.

“Idiots,” she muttered as they hit the floor. “Sloppy idiots.”

She started to move out from behind the crate, then stopped, noticing a hole in the side that must have been created when the crate was dropped. Peering inside, she saw a number of small vials packed in plastifoam.

Curious, she thought. She reached carefully into the crate and removed one of the vials, examining it closely. A series of letters and numbers were etched into the glass.

Vesania’s eyes widened. She slid the vial into an inner pocket of her jacket, then reached inside the crate and grabbed more, stuffing them inside her jacket.

Sweet stars, she thought in amazement. Where did they get so much? This entirely unexpected windfall would doubtless prove beneficial.

After obtaining as many vials as she could carry, she moved over to the corpses and started searching them. Credits, identichips, a few small containers of what was probably spice… She examined the credits before tucking them away in her jacket. They had been sloppy thugs, but they had been well-paid sloppy thugs.

“Excuse me, miss,” drawled a male voice.

Vesania rose to her feet, inwardly cursing herself for letting someone get the drop on her. It had been far, far too long since she’d had to be properly watchful in a hostile environment, and she couldn’t detect presences in the Force while keeping her sensitivity masked.

She was being observed by a tall human male dressed in a finely tailored red suit that would not have looked out of place in the high-end nightclubs of Kaas City. He had pale skin and sharp, almost gaunt features. His head was completely hairless save for a well-groomed dark red mustache, the ends of which hung several inches below his chin and were braided with small beads.

He was accompanied by two Zabrak women. One had black hair and one had dark blonde, and their facial tattoos were different, but apart from that they were completely identical. The black-haired one had two vibroswords slung across her back, while the other carried a blaster rifle. Based on their high-quality armor and their protective stances as they stood on either side of the human, Vesania guessed that they were his bodyguards.

“Impressive work,” the human said, nodding to the corpses.

Vesania made a graceful bow, skirting close to the line between sincerity and mockery without quite crossing over. “Might I know who is complimenting me?” she inquired in her Republic accent.

“Renetas Malgar,” the human said. “I haven’t seen a show like that in quite some time.”

“If I’d known that I was going to have an audience,” Vesania returned smoothly, “I would have sold tickets.”

Malgar chuckled darkly. “A businesswoman, I see.”

She fluttered her eyelashes at him. “A girl’s got to make a living somehow.”

“Then perhaps I can interest you in a job opportunity,” Malgar said. “With your talents, I think you and I could do business together.” His eyes raked over her body, then lingered on her bosom.

“I’m always interested in job opportunities,” Vesania murmured. Pretending that she hadn’t noticed him ogling her, she casually undid the top fastenings of her jacket, revealing the low-cut shirt beneath. She stood slightly straighter, pushing her chest out. If this Malgar was attracted by more than just her combat skills, she’d milk that angle for all it was worth.

Malgar smirked, his eyes fixed firmly on her cleavage. “What’s your story, hm? You took down those men like a manka cat on a crippled nerf. You’re dressed a bit lightly for a bounty hunter, so I’m guessing you’re a professional assassin. I like professionals. They do good work.”

Vesania raised an eyebrow. “Can you afford me?”

He folded his arms across his chest. “I can be very generous. Interested?”

“Not until I hear a job, and a number.”

With visible effort, he took his eyes away from her chest and made a show of looking around the street. “Ah, but this is no place to discuss matters of a delicate nature. Perhaps you’d care to accompany me to a more private location? I own a business quite near here.”

She shrugged. “By all means.”

He indicated a direction, and she started walking. She suspected that he wasn’t going to move until she was in front of him, and she was proven correct a few moments later. Glancing over her shoulder, she saw the Zabrak bodyguards fall into step behind him.

Smart, she thought as she walked. This way, he makes sure I won’t shoot him in the back, and he gets to stare at my...assets…all the way there. Very smart.

Malgar had not exaggerated; their destination was only a few blocks away, a dingy building that on the outside appeared to be a droid parts dealer and on the inside turned out to be…a droid parts dealer. Interesting.

Vesania allowed herself to be ushered into a small, dimly lit room that was empty save for a number of crates stacked against one wall. She did her best to appear relaxed; in reality, her every sense was on high alert.

“Wait outside,” Malgar said to his guards. The two Zabrak women nodded and left the room, shutting the door behind them.

Vesania raised an eyebrow. “You’re not concerned for your safety?”

He shrugged. “You won’t kill me. Not while I still have an offer to make you.”

She pursed her lips. “I haven’t heard anything yet.”

Malgar reached into a pocket of his jacket. Instinctively, she tensed, ready to defend herself, but his hand emerged holding a datapad and not a weapon. At least, it looked like a datapad. One never knew.

“There’s a Zabrak bounty hunter named Normar Lanyt who operates in this area of the planet,” Malgar said. “I hired him recently to capture a target, and he took a bribe to let the individual in question walk free.” His expression turned dour. “I want him dead.”

“I daresay I can manage that,” Vesania murmured. “For the right price.”

“Ten thousand.”

“Ten?” she scoffed. “Don’t insult me. I have to make a living, here.”

“That would be ten up front,” Malgar clarified, stroking his mustache. “I’ll give you another twenty thousand when the job is done.”

“Thirty thousand credits to off a local bounty hunter,” Vesania mused. “This is beneath me, but I’ll do it.”

Malgar gave her a smile that was more of a leer. “Excellent. Perhaps I could interest you in performing another job for me? One of a more…personal nature?”

Vesania lunged forward and grabbed him by the shoulders, pinning him against the nearest wall with a burst of Force-enhanced speed as she dropped her mental shields. He struggled vainly against her hold, then tried to call for his guards. Fear appeared in his eyes as he discovered the invisible force holding his jaw shut.

“I have standards, you know,” she told him in her Imperial accent. “I wouldn’t f*ck a piece of lowlife filth like you unless it was for a mission, and I don’t do those anymore. You’ll pay me for my killing work, and you will require nothing more.”

She drew on the dark side and seared his mind with the Force, burning away the memory of what she had just told him and replacing it with the compulsion. She did her best to implant a false memory based on one of her finest sexual performances—but not the finest, he didn’t deserve that—then released him, letting him fall to the ground in an unconscious heap.

Cloaking herself in the shadows, she procured Malgar’s datapad, then slipped silently out of the room. The two Zabrak guards were a short distance away, and appeared to be engrossed in a game of pazaak. They did not notice the patch of darkness that slid past them and molded itself into the form of a dark-haired woman as it paused beneath the harsh glow of a street lamp.

Vesania laced her fingers together and stretched her arms out in front of her, cracking her knuckles. She set off down the street with her usual small smile on her face. Time to seek, find, and kill. That was, when it all came down to it, what she was best at doing. And she enjoyed exercising her talents very much.
Forever Shenanigans!

MilaniGrey
03.30.2013 , 05:01 PM | #17
Nooooxxxxxxx. <3
The Ebon Hawk Server
Forever Shenanigans!

Vesaniae
04.05.2013 , 01:52 PM | #18
Four – Plots
Vaiken Spacedock
19 ATC

“That was disappointingly easy,” Ravage pouted as he and Marr walked along the center ring of the Vaiken Spacedock. “We didn’t even get to fight.”

“It is unfortunate,” Marr agreed. “I was looking forward to showing you how the real Sith get things done.”

“Please,” Ravage scoffed. “When was the last time you were on a battlefield?”

“When was the last time you were?”

“When I had to fight my way off Dromund Kaas,” Ravage said haughtily.

A metallic sigh emerged from Marr’s mask. “We all did that, Ravage. It doesn’t make you special.”

“I believe I missed the part where I said I thought it made me special?”

“You were thinking it.”

“You’re delusional,” Ravage sniffed.

“You’re a self-absorbed dandy,” Marr retorted.

“A dandy?” Ravage repeated incredulously. “Seriously?”

“I can certainly see why you found Nox so appealing. She’s just as vain as you are.”

Ravage rolled his eyes. “If I cared about my looks, I would have subtler cybernetics.”

“And the tattoos?”

“Family tradition,” Ravage said dismissively. He glanced sidelong at Marr. “I can’t help it if women flock to me. That doesn’t make me vain.”

Marr snickered. “You surround yourself with beautiful young Sith—”

“They’re my apprentices.”

“More like your concubines.”

Ravage sighed. “How I choose to indulge my passions is none of your affair.”

“Overindulge, more like,” Marr muttered.

“None. Of. Your. Affair.”

“You’re rather defensive about this,” Marr observed with interest. “Just like you get defensive whenever anyone brings up Nox.”

“I have no desire to be needled about her yet again.”

“I will stop ‘needling,’ as you put it, when you stop insisting that she is not dead.”

“I am only insisting that I require concrete proof of her demise. Perfectly reasonable.”

“There’s nothing reasonable about you, Ravage,” Marr said coolly. “Perhaps that’s why I dislike you so much.”

“Believe me, the feeling is mutual.”

“The fact that we two, out of all the Dark Council, survived this coup…” Marr shook his head. “It seems the Force has a sense of humor.”

“One that I do not appreciate,” Ravage grumbled.

“I know what you’re thinking,” Marr said in a tone that suggested his mask was presently concealing a smirk. “‘If only Nox were here…’”

“Will you shut up about Nox for five damn minutes?”

“Only if you do.”

“Marr, the only person who keeps bringing up Nox is you.”

Marr ignored him. “I did not dislike her, you know. She earned her place among us, despite what certain individuals said.”

“You can’t put a Lord on the Dark Council,” Ravage muttered. “You just can’t. It’s not right.”

“Clearly, she was strong enough to deserve the Darth title. The only reason she did not already possess it was Thanaton’s vendetta. I merely amended that oversight.”

“I will never understand how you, of all people, have a soft spot for her.”

“You’re one to talk,” Marr snorted. “I saw the way you looked at her when she walked into the chamber and confronted Thanaton. You wanted a piece of that. Don’t deny it.”

“I’m not the one who promoted her from Lord to Darth to Council member in the space of thirty seconds,” Ravage retorted.

The spikes on Marr’s shoulders shifted as he shrugged. “She earned her place, and with it, my respect. Which is more than I can say for some people.”

Ravage’s glare could have incinerated durasteel. “I earned my place on the Council, Marr. Don’t ever dispute that.”

“You were…not entirely unworthy,” Marr conceded. “Your methods leave much to be desired, however.”

“I’m not arguing with you about this,” Ravage said flatly. “Not again.”

“There is no argument to be made.”

“I can sense your contempt. Continue to push me, and you will regret it.”

Marr stepped in front of Ravage, looming over him. “Are you threatening me?”

“Yes.”

“That will not end well for you.”

“And maybe it will end worse for you, hmm?”

The two men scowled at each other for a long moment—at least, Ravage scowled; who knew what expression Marr had behind that mask. Then, as if by mutual agreement, they both turned and strode off in opposite directions.

When Ravage stormed into the hangar where he had docked his personal starship, he found Lynet Vrine standing off to one side waiting for him. She was still wearing the civilian clothes that she had used to disguise herself when she sneaked out of Intelligence headquarters and fled Dromund Kaas. That did not stop her from standing at attention when she saw him, however.

“You asked to see me, my lord?” she asked, remaining impassive in the face of his obvious ill temper.

“Yes,” Ravage said shortly, forcing his anger back. There was no point in taking it out on her, particularly when he was about to ask for a favor. “I did. There’s something I need you to do for me.”

“My resources are limited,” Lynet said, a small, annoyed frown crossing her face. “Nonetheless, I am at your disposal.”

“How difficult would it be for you to locate information on a specific individual, given the resources you have available?” he inquired.

Lynet paused, apparently thinking it over. “Well…there are databases here on the fleet, and I might be able to remotely access the Intelligence archives.” She nodded once. “It’s doable, my lord.”

“Excellent,” Ravage murmured. “I would like you to find out everything that you can about Darth Nox. Her background, her exploits…everything.”

She raised an eyebrow. “As you wish.”

Ravage smiled faintly. “You always were my favorite niece.”

A tiny smirk made its way onto her otherwise blank features. “I’m flattered, my lord.”

“Don’t let it go to your head,” he advised dryly. “Now, begone with you.”

Lynet bowed crisply and left the hangar.

Ravage watched her go, then boarded the vessel and headed away from the station and back to his warship. He would be damned if he dealt with Marr again that day. On the bright side, Lynet would hopefully find some useful information about Nox, something he could use to clear away some of the mystery surrounding her. Something he could use to find her and bring her back…

Since the game and the encyclopedia give us virtually no information whatsoever about Darth Ravage, I took the liberty of headcanoning him a full backstory, more of which will be revealed later.

I'm doing my best to get back on track with this story, but right now is an extremely busy time for me. I probably won't be able to start posting with decent regularity until the end of the semester. But once that's taken care of, I will do my best to write in a timely manner!
Forever Shenanigans!

MilaniGrey
04.05.2013 , 02:01 PM | #19
*waves her Team Nox flag*

Can I have a T-shirt, too?

<_<
>_>

asta/nox otp forever

The Ebon Hawk Server
Forever Shenanigans!

irishfino
04.05.2013 , 02:22 PM | #20
Ravage... Marr... oh my god, they are hilarious! And Nox, you BAMF.

(might start shipping Ravage/Marr OTHate)
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!