Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Top 3 GTN annoyances

Edgeup
03.27.2013 , 12:34 AM | #141
Something I was able to do before on Other games if you are smart and spend a decent amount of time just playing auction houses in mmos can actually be better than crafting but sometimes it takes luck and a ton of time but its nothing I've really ever tried on this game.

NrDLeipe
03.27.2013 , 03:24 AM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by Raora View Post
1. [B]

3. Who are these fools that run around the GTN terminal in circles for an hour non stop? Do they have nothing better to do? Talk about annoying when you are trying to list 50 items 1-2 times a day!

Raora
simple, make money with money can also call it working the gtn, made millions this way
The wrath of the empire knows no bounds

asbalana
03.27.2013 , 09:24 AM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
When the singles price is lower than the stack price. Seriously, the people who put up stacks, can't you freaking look first and have you never been shopping? When you buy ten of something it's usually cheaper than just buying one. In any case, it's atleast not more expensive. And I would like to buy stacks, on behalf of it being easier than buying 50 singles, but you have to work with me here. Are the higher prices a fee for not having to buy 50 singles, is that your business model? It's not working.
I look at the pricing before I list but usually ignore the singles price.

I list in stacks of ten because the splitter is not the best and it is easire to type in a zero and go. Stacks of 8 actually make more sense. In any case, one or two pages of singels is just one or two stacks of ten and should not determine the pricing of an item. They are gone quickly, bought up by a person who would buy just one or two stacks. People can list a number of singles at any price without much impact to them. I look closely at stacks of fives, tens, and twenties before I list, but no not at singels or twos.

I am not sure that I have seen 50 singles listed for a mat, but if I did I would scratch my head and wonder what is going on and wonder why someone or someones took the ungoldly amount of time to do 50 listings while one to five at the same unit price would do. I think that if I did comee accross a situation where there were 50+ single listed at a unit price below what I charge that I would just not list until the singles cleared out.

As a mat seller, I look at the singles as throw away listings and they have no impact at all on my pricing.

EDIT -

Yesterday I went to list an item that I have been selling from almost day one at 13,500 to 14,500 per stack which is cheaper than most. The mat goes quickly at that price. I was surprised that there was less than a page of listings on the gtn of this in demand mat There were, as I remember, in that page four listings at 800 credits. I listed ten stacks at 14,500 and when I log in today will collect the 145,000 (less gtn fee) credits. Do you think for a moment that I would list the stacks for 7,950 (795 a unit) because someone decided ot list four pieces at 800? I did not bother to buy the four singles at 800, but normally would have and relisted at 1,450 each as part of a stack of ten. In a competitive market,, you try to list at what you believe are reasonable prices, but you are listing to sell and make a profit and unless there are tons of them, single prices are meaningless and not indictive of anything.

People dump singles at throw away prices all of the time.

JamieKirby
03.27.2013 , 11:20 AM | #144
My top 3 GTN annoyances:

1: Players that craft and sell their items for way over the cost of crafting said item

2: looking on the GTN and seeing nothing at all on there

3: Lack of a min and max price system, which forces players to sell items at the real value.

SalBasss
03.27.2013 , 11:52 AM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by JamieKirby View Post
3: Lack of a min and max price system, which forces players to sell items at the real value.
As people say after all of your whine posts, the "real value" of an item is what someone will pay for it. You think the price of something is too high? Don't buy it then. If everyone else feels the same way, then the seller will be forced to lower the price. But most of those times those items do sell, which means you're just too cheap.

The GTN isn't a charity function. There are planetary commendations for that.

Also, why on earth would anyone ever sell an item at cost? It would be much less hassle to just sell the materials if there wasn't a profit involved.
Shadowlands

Lung_Tien_Lien
03.28.2013 , 08:01 AM | #146
The interface is utterly terrible. It's all been said before, but can it really be that much work to change some interface functions? (Set the price per unit, make stacks automatically...) I don't know, obviously, but it seems like that shouldn't be ao difficult in comparison to other content.

As for the 1c undercutting... I never do that and I most certainly never buy items for 4999c if there's one listed for 5000c. I understand the argument of keeping the prices stable, but... if I'm unwilling to undercut, I post the item at the lowest price already available and simply wait.

JamieKirby
03.28.2013 , 07:27 PM | #147
Quote: Originally Posted by SalBasss View Post
As people say after all of your whine posts, the "real value" of an item is what someone will pay for it. You think the price of something is too high? Don't buy it then. If everyone else feels the same way, then the seller will be forced to lower the price. But most of those times those items do sell, which means you're just too cheap.

The GTN isn't a charity function. There are planetary commendations for that.

Also, why on earth would anyone ever sell an item at cost? It would be much less hassle to just sell the materials if there wasn't a profit involved.
sigh, no one ever reads a post.

The prices they are charging for crafted items are FAR over the cost of crafting the items, i am not asking them to sell them for less then what it costs to make the items, thats just stupid, i am asking them to be fair, paying between 10k right up to 25k for something that costs at the most 1200cr to make, i understand it costs quite alot to level up a crafting skill, but to craft a specific item after learning the schematic doesn't cost that much at all, certainly not 10k or even 25k.

Also, i am not whining, i am being honest, you just don't like it, since it probably means you are one of those crafters that spends little and charges insane prices.

Rincewend
03.29.2013 , 01:18 AM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by JamieKirby View Post
sigh, no one ever reads a post.

The prices they are charging for crafted items are FAR over the cost of crafting the items, i am not asking them to sell them for less then what it costs to make the items, thats just stupid, i am asking them to be fair, paying between 10k right up to 25k for something that costs at the most 1200cr to make, i understand it costs quite alot to level up a crafting skill, but to craft a specific item after learning the schematic doesn't cost that much at all, certainly not 10k or even 25k.

Also, i am not whining, i am being honest, you just don't like it, since it probably means you are one of those crafters that spends little and charges insane prices.
it's a free market, if you don't like their prices don't feed them (don't buy it). Most of us that have been here since pre-launch beta have one of each (if not double) with tooons on both factions. I sold Overkill blue ears for snipers this weekend some of them for well over 20x cost one jey bracket was level 38 was selling for 80k each on my server, (was juse the market value I could of just listed for just a little over cost, but than again listing it where I did it sold in mins as it was (did not even finish the FP before I got the notice.