Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

From Brute to Silly: the Life of Ald

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community > Fan Fiction
From Brute to Silly: the Life of Ald

irishfino
03.08.2013 , 11:19 AM | #181
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenovan View Post
Ooh, vignettes. Excellent!

Love that bitter little revelation!
Ald continues to have mixed feelings on the matter and I'm glad I'm able to convey that. If I fretted as much over anything else as I did my writing, I think I would have revolutionized a few fields of study, lol.

Thanks for reading everyone!!
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

irishfino
03.08.2013 , 11:21 AM | #182
Morning After – The Return: Vette

They had talked briefly, oh, so very briefly, when Quinn returned to the ship. How could she love someone so short-sighted, someone so obsessed with another person they would break the heart of whoever they were with to be with their obsession. She never would have done that to him. In fact, she wouldn’t have been so obsessed with another person that she dropped everything to be by their side.

The irony of their situations was lost on her, but it didn’t matter. What mattered now was getting Quinn off the ship. One way or the other. She did hate a mess.

Notes:

Spoiler
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

irishfino
03.08.2013 , 02:30 PM | #183
Twisting Words

“I’ve thought about growing out my hair,” Ald announced over dinner.

“Can you?” Malavai queried. Ald scrunched up his face. “It’s just that I’ve never seen a hair on your head. I thought you were permanently bald.”

“I may not be able to grow facial hair like some scruffy Captains I know, but I do have hair on my head. I just shave it.”

Malavai chuckled. “What style would you attempt?”

“Attempt?” huffed Ald. “And I was thinking of keeping it short. Maybe an inch at the longest.”

“I can work with that.”

Ald laughed quietly. “My mind went to a very interesting place just then.”

“Do share.”

“It isn’t proper over dinner.”

“I’m finally rubbing off on you,” Malavai said triumphantly.

Ald snorted a laugh then covered his mouth. He had to know what effect he was having on Ald. He just had to.

“You’re doing this on purpose,” Ald teased.

“Doing what?” Malavai asked innocently.

“Sending my thoughts into a Nar Shaddaa sewer.”

“I cannot be blamed for that, my Lord. I am entirely innocent in such matters.”

“You’re no blushing virgin.”

“You’re in one of those moods aren’t you?”

“Where everything you say is perverted in delightful ways? Yes.”

Malavai shook his head. “I had better get dessert on the table, then.”

“Ooh, sounds fancy.”

“I found a bakery that specializes in cheesecakes made with Membrosia. I was offered a sample and found it suitable.”

“Sounds perfect.”

And it was.

Notes:

Spoiler

Tatile
03.08.2013 , 02:32 PM | #184
Cheesecake is best. Broan loves cheesecake. He and Quinn should go cake shopping

PoppysSWTOR
03.08.2013 , 09:29 PM | #185
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Cheesecake is best. Broan loves cheesecake. He and Quinn should go cake shopping
Oooo double date!

irishfino
03.20.2013 , 10:16 AM | #186
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Oh my god, that would be hilariously awesome!

Quote: Originally Posted by PoppysSWTOR View Post
Oooo double date!
Two Sith and their officers. [Squee] Sounds so awesome!

Thanks for reading everyone!

irishfino
03.20.2013 , 10:21 AM | #187
Celebrate with Me

Ald was definitely enjoying his vacation. If it could really be called a vacation; it was a rare thing that his sort of presence or power was needed on the battlefield. Was it really a vacation if you seldom clocked in for work? He decided it was because vacation sounded better than “There’s no use for me at the present moment so I might as well skip off into the sunset and do whatever I want.” Yes, vacation had a much nicer ring to it.

Ald sighed happily and laid his head back on Malavai’s chest. It hadn’t been his idea to take a bath together, but Malavai looked so relaxed in the tub, well, he couldn’t help himself. Malavai obliged, of course, though he could have said no and Ald would have left it at that. He had been awfully… loving lately. Kinder, more comforting, eager to cuddle. Ald created a small list in his head of the changes and was curious as to why. Nearly dying was likely the biggest factor. Well, not really dying, but becoming a mindless murder machine. Murder machine. Ald sighed softly. Broonmark. Vette. Dammit, why couldn’t he enjoy his bath without these thoughts coming to him.

Malavai shifted slightly and looked down the bridge of Ald’s nose. “Something bothering you? You’ve become tense.”

“Nothing important, just an errant thought is all,” Ald replied.

“Is it about your upcoming birthday?”

Oh, stars, he’d forgotten about his birthday! He sat up straight and spun around in the water.

“Did you forget again?”

“I never celebrate it, it’s nothing worth remembering.”

“It is the day of your birth. I daresay you wouldn’t be here without it,” Malavai said. Ald shook his head in amusement. “It’s worth celebrating, if only a little.”

“You don’t celebrate yours,” Ald said quietly.

“I acknowledge the day for what it is, but I am usually on duty on the day and find little purpose in celebrating after.”

“It’s not something I seek to acknowledge. It’s just another day.”

“It’s not just another day, Ald,” Malavai said, tilting his head slightly. “It’s not like Valentine’s Day or Sacking Day. It’s your birthday. On that day, you have officially survived another year, made another year’s progress, changed a little over the course of that year, made friends, enemies, what have you, and, most importantly, you’ve lived to impact others lives for another year. In times such as these, this is a momentous occasion. Life is dreadfully short, Ald, you should celebrate while you can.”

Ald blinked a few times then arched a brow. “You’ve got something planned, don’t you?”

“A contingency plan, but it does require your cooperation to go into effect.”

“It is a surprise?” Ald asked, a bit of excitement creeping into his voice.

“In part. We’ll be visiting the Killik mounds, the Oroboro nest specifically. I received Vector Hyllus’ contact information from your aunt. He will be our guide. We won’t be there long enough to become joiners, but we will be able to enjoy our time there.”

“I’m actually a bit excited.”

Malavai smiled. “I should hope so.”

Ald smiled back. “Shall we continue our bath?”

“The water’s getting cold.”

“I think I can help with that.”

“And here I thought I was insatiable.”

Notes:

Spoiler

irishfino
03.23.2013 , 10:18 AM | #188
Cross-post from the SFC. Hoping the rest makes its way out of my brain soon...
Reunion

Ald and Malavai were out for a day’s adventuring in the shops on the House Thul grounds. It was a rather nice day, nothing like the crisp cool air of Spring to bring a chill to the bones, but that was nothing a nice hot cuppa couldn’t fix. He was very relaxed, sitting there at the tea shop’s outdoor seating across from Malavai who was busy explaining the day’s events. The first stop, of course, was for tea at the little shop Ald had noticed when they visited Alderaan those years ago. He didn’t have time then, but he had the time now and it was nice to have that time. He was able to put aside being a Wrath, if only for a little while, and enjoy a cup of tea. When they were finished with their tea, and Malavai with his itinerary detail, they paid and bill and left. Time for a leisurely stroll to the shuttles, though Ald argued it was hardly leisurely if it were planned. Malavai ignored him, of course, and continued on his way. Ald shook his head, amused and exasperated with the man.

“Da’nath!” shouted a voice.

Ald froze in his tracks. The voice shouted again, closer this time. He was paralyzed. That voice was familiar and that word – it sounded like a name. The hustle and bustle of the people around him faded into the distance. He heard and felt things in his bubble, but outside of that and he was dead to the world.

“Da’nath?” the voice asked. It was right behind him now. “Is… that really you?”

He didn’t want to turn around. He didn’t have to. Malavai was there running interference against whoever this was who dare step to the Wrath in such a matter and how dare they presume they know who he was. He could hear feet shuffling and that voice, that voice he couldn’t quite place was pleading with Malavai for an audience. Malavai was having none of it. But Ald was curious. And filled with terror. He turned toward the voice and called off his Imperial to allow him time to study this person. It was a female. Normal height, slight build, blonde hair, grey eyes. Nothing special. No one special.

“As Captain Quinn here,” Ald said as he pointed to Malavai, “has stated, I am not this ‘Da’nath.’ I am Darth Aldridinar, Emperor’s Wrath and I am currently on a short holiday. If you require assistance, find the nearest Imperial station, and let them know.”

“You’ve cut your hair,” the woman said quietly.

“Madam, I do not know you. You are interrupting my private time. Desist this immediately.”

The woman fretted with her hands. “You don’t remember me; of course you don’t remember me. How could you remember me? And after what I did. What your father talked me into. Oh, Da’nath. I – I – I know it’s you. A mother never forgets the face of her child. I’m so sorry, Da’nath.”

Ald stared at the woman, his face blank and closed. No sane person would claim what she claimed. No sane person would approach the Wrath and demand an audience. No sane person would want to be his mother.

“What is your name, woman?” Ald asked stiffly. Malavai arched a brow, but remained silent.

“Katri, my Lord,” she replied quietly. “Katri Sto.”

The name resonated with a memory, a very distant memory. From before the Jungles, before the Brute, before the changes.

“My Lord, we are falling behind schedule,” Malavai said insistently. “We should have departed five minutes ago.”

Ald glanced at Malavai then back at Katri.

“Run a scan, Captain. If this woman’s claims are true, we can reschedule. This is more important if true, don’t you agree?”

Ald’s tone brooked no room for argument and Malavai was wise enough not to disagree with Ald in public unless the circumstances were extreme. This was minor. And when this was dealt with, the woman would be dealt with. Malavai did as he was asked, pulled his medical scanner from a pouch on his belt, and scanned the woman then Ald. The device dinged and displayed the results.

“I – my Lord,” Malavai started.

“What is it, Captain?” Ald asked calmly.

“Her claims are true,” Malavai said simply.

Ald could have fainted.

Damask_Rose
04.15.2013 , 06:15 PM | #189
Where have Ald and Quinn been? Their story has fallen to page 3! I take they are site seeing on Makeb too much
Unity 3d tutorials http://www.burgzergarcade.com/

irishfino
04.19.2013 , 12:28 PM | #190
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
Where have Ald and Quinn been? Their story has fallen to page 3! I take they are site seeing on Makeb too much
Oh, they've been on Makeb. I have some neat shots of an error where Quinn did not run when Ald got too close. They are, in effect, hugging and very nearly kissing. I have them posted and I can message you a link if you'd like. I will say that the site is notorious for tumbling things and Aldrdinar is very silly and Quinn is very stiff. And it's about Ald's life.

^__^