Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stop with the Nickel and Dime Approach

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Stop with the Nickel and Dime Approach

HomicidalWhales
03.21.2013 , 10:15 AM | #1
Seriously.

Reading the State of the Game #3 article was pretty bad. I know you guys are out there to make a profit, but you're not going to have my money once you stop trying to milk more money out of those who are subbed and who want more PvP/PvE-driven content.

Might as well call this game: Coin Wars™: The Cartel Republic™.

Never forget this...

TUXs
03.21.2013 , 10:20 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by HomicidalWhales View Post
Might as well call this game: Coin Wars™: The Cartel Republic™.
That seriously got an audible LOL from me...

Yeah, the best thing they could talk about in the State of the Game article, is a coming Cartel Market transaction. No mention of performance, not commitment to future content...they use the article to advertise the Cartel Market...
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

KariTalRathe
03.21.2013 , 10:24 AM | #3
I haven't spent a dime on the cartel market and have only yesterday bought a couple of packs from my stipend to give away as gifts for guildies...how is it I am not being nickel and dimed and you think you are?

TUXs
03.21.2013 , 10:27 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by KariTalRathe View Post
I haven't spent a dime on the cartel market and have only yesterday bought a couple of packs from my stipend to give away as gifts for guildies...how is it I am not being nickel and dimed and you think you are?
The only upcoming "feature" that was mentioned in the State of the Game article, was a Cartel Market item. That's where the problem is.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Rafaman
03.21.2013 , 10:38 AM | #5
Heh.. never miss an opportunity do you guys. You know nothing about the pricing or the setup or what it may mean to subs, but here you are railing against the unknown because it will cost cartel coins.

So... this is all because of the mention of the Barbershop and Cartel Coins. Lol! Shocked that it might cost subs something? Guess what... it will cost you nothing if you don't use it. But... I'm getting ahead of myself... we don't' know what it will cost!

Nevertheless, this is a good opportunity to show subs some love in terms of discounts or freebies. But again much will depend how things are done vis-a-vis the barbershop.

BTW... just to be clear... only you can nickle and dime yourself.

KariTalRathe
03.21.2013 , 10:52 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
The only upcoming "feature" that was mentioned in the State of the Game article, was a Cartel Market item. That's where the problem is.
Thank you for clarifying what the OP didn't. So let's see if I got this right -
  • Our sub includes an amount of coins to buy items from the CM
  • BW are to add a barbershop type function to the game - something many have been begging for
  • This new content is going to be available via the CM

As I thought. Subscribers are not being nickel and dimed.

Devlonir
03.21.2013 , 10:56 AM | #7
That seriously got an audible LOL from me...

Yeah, the best thing they could talk about in the State of the Game article, is a coming Cartel Market transaction. No mention of performance, not commitment to future content...they use the article to advertise the Cartel Market...
No mention on performance?
No commitment to future content?

Wait.. so those words he said about 'focusing on quality of life and improving performance' was not talking about performance?
And continuiing the 8 week content cadence is not talking about content?

Selective reading it's called what you do. Actively skipping over things being said because they don't fit your image of how things are.
"Cows go 'Moo', Dogs go 'Woof', MMO Players go 'The PVP is unbalanced!" - Yahthzee
"I'm starting to get the feeling that BW and their MMO are not the dysfunctional ones." - Rafaman

Illyean
03.21.2013 , 10:57 AM | #8
THIS
If the state of the game referred to features and content that were coming for subs, f2p and also some new CC crap that wouldn't be so bad, but the state of the game, as stated, is CARTEL MARKET ONLY!

we all knew it was going to be like this, it will only get worse, play have fun don't get wound too tight over it and walk away if it's too much, IT IS A GAME and it's way past being lost now (based on what we all hoped for at the start)

CrazyCanukk
03.21.2013 , 10:57 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by KariTalRathe View Post
Thank you for clarifying what the OP didn't. So let's see if I got this right -
  • BW are to add a barbershop type function to the game - something many have been begging for
  • This new content is going to be available via the CM

As I thought. Subscribers are not being nickel and dimed.
I get 600 CC a month(6 month sub + security key) + a bucket of them when the Cartel market started and have barely used any. I still have 4600 or so waiting to be used and another 600 coming in 2 weeks. So No i don't think most subs will be getting nickel and dimed either since we get CC coins of various amounts given to us. Except for a bit of gear and a few Vanity items i haven't found not using the Cartel market detrimental to my gameplay at all as a subscriber. The Cartel market isn't necessary as a sub and one only uses it if they want to, not because they have to. Heck i liked the New double light saber in the most recent packs..i bought one on the GTN inside days of the new packs hitting the store for about 3000 credits and have bought speeders and other items from the Cartel market with credits earned in game too.

+ how often really are people going to be changing their appearances...if someone wants to turn the game into Starwars: Beauty Shop Edition and tweaking their appearances often then IMO they should have to pony up a bit.
Twitchtv channel: http://www.twitch.tv/crazycanukk
Twitter: @Crazycanukk
Server: Shadowlands

LtGeneralGezlin
03.21.2013 , 10:57 AM | #10
Really? I wouldn't be surprised if they add an option to use the barbershop with credits, as well as Cartel coins. (Pretty much like legacy unlocks and Cartel stuff.) All this talk about prices and stuff for a system that was only announced a few hours ago is kinda funny...
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
55 Gunslinger, 50 Commando, 50 Sentinel, 46 Shadow.
50 Operative, 18 Mercenary, 55 Marauder, 53 Juggernaut, 50 Sorcerer.