Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Im playing a nerfed character, That's upsetting.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Im playing a nerfed character, That's upsetting.

Stressfire's Avatar


Stressfire
03.12.2013 , 02:43 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by JimmyTheCannon View Post
Missile Blast's knockdown doesn't work on players. Weak/normal mobs only.
No kidding...my, that's disappointing - that would have been the one thing that, IMO, would make it really viable in spite of the heat cost. Missile blast with knockdown followed by an Unload would be a nice opener I think.

Well, like I said, I still use it while solo but very rarely if ever in Group work. Perhaps it's more out of habit, but for me, it does serve a purpose as there is no need to channel.

JimmyTheCannon's Avatar


JimmyTheCannon
03.12.2013 , 02:46 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Stressfire View Post
No kidding...my, that's disappointing - that would have been the one thing that, IMO, would make it really viable in spite of the heat cost. Missile blast with knockdown followed by an Unload would be a nice opener I think.

Well, like I said, I still use it while solo but very rarely if ever in Group work. Perhaps it's more out of habit, but for me, it does serve a purpose as there is no need to channel.
In fairness, a spammable knockdown - even one that costs a ton of heat - would be OP in PVP.

oakamp's Avatar


oakamp
03.12.2013 , 07:51 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Kioshi_Rin View Post
So ive played my bounty hunter up to lvl 40, and i was doing great in pvp till i dueled the iconic "op asassin" i was murdered of course, he wasnt in stealth, But i was told they nerfed Mercs. Im arsenal spec, and i do good dps, But im told there not good at pvp anymore, will they get buffed? should i re-roll or what, pvp is more important to me than PVE and i like my character alot.
go reroll and QQ at merc board,
bw hates BH.
English is not my first language, still working on it.

oslek's Avatar


oslek
03.15.2013 , 11:42 AM | #14
I feel ya OP but it has been this way since the beginning. I was very dissapointed to find out at level 50 how useless a two pistol wielding BH was in PVP. It's actually a very fun class to play in PVE with a DPS companion because you can roll through mobs with ease. Once you get HK just have him attack first and enjoy. But for PVP I use my assasin and powertech.

Macroeconomics's Avatar


Macroeconomics
03.16.2013 , 07:21 AM | #15
Mercs aren't nerfed. Well not by a lot. They were never really powerful to begin with. What happened is that the melee players learned their craft and became more effective. Mercs (and to some extent, all ranged classes) were easier to play and thus had less room for improvement. Thus they became obsolete a month or so after the game was released.

The same issue (Merc too easy to play, and thus has no room for growth) continues up to this day. Take Missle Blast/Salvo for instance. The reconfigured Missile Salvo had some potential initially. It was difficult to use (required multiple button pressing quicker than standard GCD abilities), but simply didn't do much damage. If they had simply upped the damage it would have been a good addition to Merc gameplay. Instead they reduced the difficulty of using Missile Salvo (now only one button press required) and made a minor improvement to its damage output - but not enough to make it worthwhile. Net result - no change, Missile Blast/Salvo is still not worth using, and a good opportunity to add to Merc effectiveness at the cost of more difficulty was lost.

TrickyNinja's Avatar


TrickyNinja
03.19.2013 , 09:11 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Kioshi_Rin View Post
So ive played my bounty hunter up to lvl 40, and i was doing great in pvp till i dueled the iconic "op asassin" i was murdered of course, he wasnt in stealth, But i was told they nerfed Mercs. Im arsenal spec, and i do good dps, But im told there not good at pvp anymore, will they get buffed? should i re-roll or what, pvp is more important to me than PVE and i like my character alot.
From a player who has both a Sin DPS and a PT, the PT is far more OP than the assassin, and that goes for PvE and PvP. As others have mentioned here, the assassin is worthless in pvp aside from stealthing to guard nodes. I can go into PvP with my PT specd on shield tech and still face roll people. I intentionally isolate people with grapple just because I know I can win 1v1 against almost any other class. No class should be able to do that. No offense, but if you are a BH getting slaughtered by a Sin DPS, then you are doing something wrong.

Has anyone on this thread thought that maybe the BH was getting a nerf because it was OP to begin with? Not trying to be debbie downer, again I have my own PT to worry about. But if you browse any single advanced class board on this forum, you will see the same exact post of "Waaah! My class is getting nerfed! We have to rise up against BW!" The game changes over time with patches, and with 2.0 will be new abilities and skill trees. Adapt or go play something else. It doesn't make your character "useless" or mean that "Bioware is out to get you and your entire class".

TL;DR QQ
Death Sentence
Niccolo [55] | Trickyninja [55] | Lazzaro [55] | Buffer[55] | ProtocÚl[55] | Tiberio[55]
Server: The Shadowlands US/PvE/East

oakamp's Avatar


oakamp
03.19.2013 , 09:00 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by TrickyNinja View Post
From a player who has both a Sin DPS and a PT, the PT is far more OP than the assassin, and that goes for PvE and PvP. As others have mentioned here, the assassin is worthless in pvp aside from stealthing to guard nodes. I can go into PvP with my PT specd on shield tech and still face roll people. I intentionally isolate people with grapple just because I know I can win 1v1 against almost any other class. No class should be able to do that. No offense, but if you are a BH getting slaughtered by a Sin DPS, then you are doing something wrong.

Has anyone on this thread thought that maybe the BH was getting a nerf because it was OP to begin with? Not trying to be debbie downer, again I have my own PT to worry about. But if you browse any single advanced class board on this forum, you will see the same exact post of "Waaah! My class is getting nerfed! We have to rise up against BW!" The game changes over time with patches, and with 2.0 will be new abilities and skill trees. Adapt or go play something else. It doesn't make your character "useless" or mean that "Bioware is out to get you and your entire class".

TL;DR QQ
L2P,
pt dps is sux at pvp after 1.4.
shield pt is **** at pvp after 1.3,
dont lie to this forum.
English is not my first language, still working on it.

Macroeconomics's Avatar


Macroeconomics
03.20.2013 , 07:33 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by TrickyNinja View Post
From a player who has both a Sin DPS and a PT, the PT is far more OP than the assassin, and that goes for PvE and PvP. As others have mentioned here, the assassin is worthless in pvp aside from stealthing to guard nodes. I can go into PvP with my PT specd on shield tech and still face roll people. I intentionally isolate people with grapple just because I know I can win 1v1 against almost any other class. No class should be able to do that. No offense, but if you are a BH getting slaughtered by a Sin DPS, then you are doing something wrong.
If you are an Assassin and lose a 1v1 to a BH of any kind, then you are simply a bad.

oslek's Avatar


oslek
03.21.2013 , 08:27 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by TrickyNinja View Post
From a player who has both a Sin DPS and a PT, the PT is far more OP than the assassin, and that goes for PvE and PvP. As others have mentioned here, the assassin is worthless in pvp aside from stealthing to guard nodes. I can go into PvP with my PT specd on shield tech and still face roll people. I intentionally isolate people with grapple just because I know I can win 1v1 against almost any other class. No class should be able to do that. No offense, but if you are a BH getting slaughtered by a Sin DPS, then you are doing something wrong.

Has anyone on this thread thought that maybe the BH was getting a nerf because it was OP to begin with? Not trying to be debbie downer, again I have my own PT to worry about. But if you browse any single advanced class board on this forum, you will see the same exact post of "Waaah! My class is getting nerfed! We have to rise up against BW!" The game changes over time with patches, and with 2.0 will be new abilities and skill trees. Adapt or go play something else. It doesn't make your character "useless" or mean that "Bioware is out to get you and your entire class".

TL;DR QQ
Do learn to read the OP before commenting. He's not talking about PT, he's talking about Mercs which are indeed a useless class in PVP.