Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorcs/Sages need a Blink.

veyl
03.18.2013 , 06:07 PM | #1
After testing 2.0 thoroughly I've come to the conclusion that Sorcs/Sages absolutely need a 20 meter Blink.

You can take away our force speed to do this, but the fact of the matter is that Sorc/Sages have the lowest survivability of all classes and are still the fastest to die. (Unless you're lightning spec, but even with this spec, DPS'ing is hard to do becasue of the amount of -running- that you have to do to live.)

Without a guard and the loss of being able to go hybrid bubble spec, the two specs on the wings (healing/madness) lost the survivability that gave them a longer lifespan. Pre 2.0, sorcs were forced to spec this way because smash and other melee is completely out of control with high burst on our non-defensive asses. In 2.0, Smash and other melee burst is still super high, leading to even faster deaths for the sorc/sage (unless our bubble immunity is up of course).

What a 20m blink provides:

A major escape- Right now, Force Speed is simply a joke. There are tons of roots/snares/leaps that can catch a sorc/sage and remove their escapability. At that point, it's just time to stand there and die because of the loss of hybrid spec that can blind/root when we have someone on us.

A root break - Force speed can only do this if heal spec'd and talented for it... a blink would remove the root entirely for ALL SPECS. The developers failed to see that our feedback threads consistently brought up the lack of defensive CDs // protection that our light armor provided and had no burst. Repeatedly it was stated "We're the glass cannon without the cannon". This can still be said because unless lightning can break free, you cannot burst anything.

Why don't we have a blink? Is it because of huttball? Make us drop the ball if we use it. Problem solved.

PVE RELATED bonuses for having Blink:
Sorc DPS -tanks- if we have to move. Being able to teleport where we need to be to start rotation all over again instead of throwing a shock out // redotting, would be a major boost to our Raiding numbers. (and we all know sorc's need that help.)

Please remove Force Speed and Replace it with a 20 Meter Blink. (More importantly, please really consider this option or start doing something about the ludicrous survivability issues on the PTS for Sorcs/sages)

Brackiss
03.18.2013 , 06:50 PM | #2
This isn't WoW
'Nuff said!
The Darkchylde Legacy
Zartaan - Jedi Guardian / Ridd - Sith Juggernaut / Nomi-lo - Jedi Shadow / Brackiss - Sith Sorceror
"The darker the shadow, the brighter the light that casts it." - Tahiri Veila

veyl
03.18.2013 , 07:10 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Brackiss View Post
This isn't WoW
'Nuff said!
Really? Lets just look at the Sorc and see how many abilities it has that a Priest from WoW identically has and is easily mirrored from:

Sorc - Bubble // Priest - PW: Shield. What does the shield do? It's a barrier of protection around someone, spammable for healers and when talented can blind someone. Hmmmm, sounds just like sorc bubble to me.

Sorc- Affliction // Priest - SW: Pain. An instant cast DoT. Yep...same ability.

Sorc- Innervate // Priest - Penance. Channeled heal giving x heal over x seconds. Yep...same ability.

Sorc - Extricate // Priest - Leap of faith. Pulls a friendly player directly to you!? Yep... same ability.

Sorc - Dark heal - Dark Infusion // Priest - Flash heal - Greater Heal. Fast and Nuke heal? wow... same ability!

Sorc- Cloud Mind // Priest - Fade. Reduces threat from target over x seconds! No way... same ability.

Sorc- Purge // Priest - Dispel magic. Removes one harmful effect!? Woo... I'm glad these abilities are different. oh wait. They're not.

Sorc - Force lightning // Priest - Mind flay. Channeled damage ability over 3 seconds slowing target to 50% speed. Yep. Same. Ability.

I could keep going, but I just wanted to point out how ridiculous your "post" was. You should give something constructive next time that might actually make the game // classes better.

Ewok-Scout
03.18.2013 , 07:41 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by veyl View Post
After testing 2.0 thoroughly I've come to the conclusion that Sorcs/Sages absolutely need a 20 meter Blink.

You can take away our force speed to do this, but the fact of the matter is that Sorc/Sages have the lowest survivability of all classes and are still the fastest to die. (Unless you're lightning spec, but even with this spec, DPS'ing is hard to do becasue of the amount of -running- that you have to do to live.)

Without a guard and the loss of being able to go hybrid bubble spec, the two specs on the wings (healing/madness) lost the survivability that gave them a longer lifespan. Pre 2.0, sorcs were forced to spec this way because smash and other melee is completely out of control with high burst on our non-defensive asses. In 2.0, Smash and other melee burst is still super high, leading to even faster deaths for the sorc/sage (unless our bubble immunity is up of course).

What a 20m blink provides:

A major escape- Right now, Force Speed is simply a joke. There are tons of roots/snares/leaps that can catch a sorc/sage and remove their escapability. At that point, it's just time to stand there and die because of the loss of hybrid spec that can blind/root when we have someone on us.

A root break - Force speed can only do this if heal spec'd and talented for it... a blink would remove the root entirely for ALL SPECS. The developers failed to see that our feedback threads consistently brought up the lack of defensive CDs // protection that our light armor provided and had no burst. Repeatedly it was stated "We're the glass cannon without the cannon". This can still be said because unless lightning can break free, you cannot burst anything.

Why don't we have a blink? Is it because of huttball? Make us drop the ball if we use it. Problem solved.

PVE RELATED bonuses for having Blink:
Sorc DPS -tanks- if we have to move. Being able to teleport where we need to be to start rotation all over again instead of throwing a shock out // redotting, would be a major boost to our Raiding numbers. (and we all know sorc's need that help.)

Please remove Force Speed and Replace it with a 20 Meter Blink. (More importantly, please really consider this option or start doing something about the ludicrous survivability issues on the PTS for Sorcs/sages)
Force Speed. /thread
"No, they won't! What, you think you're some kind of Jedi, waving your hand around like that? I'm a Toydarian! Mind tricks don't work on me; only money." - Watto

Brackiss
03.18.2013 , 08:20 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by veyl View Post
Really? Lets just look at the Sorc and see how many abilities it has that a Priest from WoW identically has and is easily mirrored from:

Sorc - Bubble // Priest - PW: Shield. What does the shield do? It's a barrier of protection around someone, spammable for healers and when talented can blind someone. Hmmmm, sounds just like sorc bubble to me.

Sorc- Affliction // Priest - SW: Pain. An instant cast DoT. Yep...same ability.

Sorc- Innervate // Priest - Penance. Channeled heal giving x heal over x seconds. Yep...same ability.

Sorc - Extricate // Priest - Leap of faith. Pulls a friendly player directly to you!? Yep... same ability.

Sorc - Dark heal - Dark Infusion // Priest - Flash heal - Greater Heal. Fast and Nuke heal? wow... same ability!

Sorc- Cloud Mind // Priest - Fade. Reduces threat from target over x seconds! No way... same ability

Sorc- Purge // Priest - Dispel magic. Removes one harmful effect!? Woo... I'm glad these abilities are different. oh wait. They're not.
Sorc - Force lightning // Priest - Mind flay. Channeled damage ability over 3 seconds slowing target to 50% speed. WYep. Same. Ability.

I could keep going, but I just wanted to point out how ridiculous your "post" was. You should give something constructive next time that might actually make the game // classes better.
TL;DR
/yawn
Please refer to my previous post.
The Darkchylde Legacy
Zartaan - Jedi Guardian / Ridd - Sith Juggernaut / Nomi-lo - Jedi Shadow / Brackiss - Sith Sorceror
"The darker the shadow, the brighter the light that casts it." - Tahiri Veila

LanceCorporalDan
03.18.2013 , 09:26 PM | #6
So mercs have more survivability and escapes than sorcs now?!
Neves - 55 Vanguard
Dahkaras - 55 AssassinKeelaran - 55Juggernaut
Kalkaran - 55 MercenaryKallim - 55 Operative

Ksenus
03.19.2013 , 05:59 AM | #7
I've been playing on all classes for some time (I have 9 characters: 2 - lvl 50 - and 7 still progressing). I prefer magic classes in all fantasy/s-f games, but in SWTOR they are very weak.

To compare survivability in PvE I tried Heroic 2+ and Heroic 4 missions solo (+AI companion) (Imperial and Republic side).

Example result for Imperial H2+ quest on Dromund Kaas (every character 17lvl, adaptative armor + artifact/prototype mods - comparable hp/armor) :
- Sniper - excellent - quest finished (including end boss killed). Without healing and revive. Also best score in Heroic4 (biggest number of killed mobs)
- Powertech - good - (boss killed, but with some problems), died once during the battle (revive) and healing.
- Maruder - average - (problem with 4 group of mobs, boss wins). Died several times.
- Sorcerer - very bad - don't even mention it (died on first 3 mob heroic group after 3-4 hits, area spells ineffective).

The same on the republic side (Scoundrel was better than Commando than... [long distance]... Consular the weakest class in whole game).

Suggestions for magic classes: teleportation, stronger static barrier (and decrease cool-down).

veyl
03.19.2013 , 09:31 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Brackiss View Post
TL;DR
/yawn
Please refer to my previous post.
Go back under your bridge, kid. Every aspect of this game is carbon copied from WoW.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ewok-Scout View Post
Force Speed. /thread
Thanks for reading my post. Did you have trouble reading the parts about how easily countered force speed is because only healers have a root break talent?

veyl
03.19.2013 , 09:33 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by LanceCorporalDan View Post
So mercs have more survivability and escapes than sorcs now?!
Nah man. You're the other red headed step child that I've often posted needed fixing in PVP.

Akash
03.19.2013 , 10:28 AM | #10
What character from the SW universe would that ability be modeled from?
Memnon - 50 Commando ~ Untagonis - 50 Juggs
Adepta - 50 Sniper ~ Khatovar - 50 Sin ~ Varpaal - Mid level Sin
Antagonis - Mid level Operative ~ Jenize - Mid level Sentinel
Osanobua - Mid level Merc ~ Ka'Tahar - Mid level Juggs