Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dark Side Smuggler: my companions hate me

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Dark Side Smuggler: my companions hate me

drug_cartel
03.06.2013 , 06:51 AM | #1
I leveled up a 50 Trooper and loved it. It felt like all the companions had a mixture of personalities that allowed for light/dark side decision to always be liked based on who was there. I felt a lot of freedom in that.

Dorne was basically all Light Side, who enjoyed saving people and helping.
Jorgen was mostly Light Side, but had a temper and approved of Dark Side choices to kill "bad" people.
M1-4X was only interested in the Republic, and approved following orders whether they were good or bad.
Vik was mostly Dark Side, who enjoyed watching chaos and hurting people.
Yuun... mostly had no reaction no matter what I said or did. I sometimes questioned if he understood Galactic Basic.

Playing through the Smuggler for the second time, I set myself about going the Dark Side route this time in contrast to my first Smuggler. It seems as though for the Smuggler, however, that the Dark Side choices I am presented with are largely ones that all companions seem to hate.

Corso is mostly a goody-goody for Light Side choices.
Bowdaar is an "honorable" warrior, meaning that mostly he is Light Side, with the occasional "kill; don't capture" preference.
Risha is a swindler, but squeamish about bloodshed. She doesn't mind lying or cheating, but for actually hurting people she disapproves.
Akaavi is like a slightly more rude version of Bowdaar.
Guss is a coward, who prefers we be more passive. Dark Side by not helping people, rather than taking a risk with Light Side.

The problem is, so many of the Smuggler dark side decisions seem to be the Really, Really Dark ones. It's not "Kill this enemy instead of take them captive"; it's "Kill this innocent person so there are no witnesses". And it seems as though every single one of my companions hate me for those decisions.

As a Scoundrel and example of scum and villainy in the Republic, are there any of my crew who are going to be okay with my scumbag ways, or do I just need to fish up HK-51 to avoid all the negative affection hits?

ButteredSoul
03.06.2013 , 06:02 PM | #2
Darkside Smuggles.

Akaavi likes me. She'll like you too.

Besides... being darkside, you appreciate the fact that you can purchase your companions' love. Answer however you like and buy them off later.

Ilysanth
03.08.2013 , 02:50 PM | #3
I was quite surprised when Corso actually APPROVED heftily to some of my DS choices. He isn't as goody goody as one would think....

As for your companions liking you.... that's what gifts are for. :P

Uvirith
03.14.2013 , 03:45 AM | #4
Just treat your companions like all women. if they are mad at you, give them shinie stuff
Uviryth Hammerhand, Kinetic Combat-Shadow
<Founder>

drug_cartel
04.01.2013 , 03:46 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ButteredSoul View Post
Akaavi likes me. She'll like you too.
Spoiler

I've got a whole ship full of goodie-goodies. I need to fire them all and crew up again at Port Nowhere with people who have a stomach for this business.

omgzzwtf
04.01.2013 , 08:49 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by drug_cartel View Post
Spoiler

I've got a whole ship full of goodie-goodies. I need to fire them all and crew up again at Port Nowhere with people who have a stomach for this business.
^Word

Eternalnight
04.02.2013 , 01:18 AM | #7
Your ship droid will never hate you for any choice. Just summon it for the conversation choice and then summon the companion you normally use back after that.