Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Yo, BW, put out a date for Gree Event returning.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Yo, BW, put out a date for Gree Event returning.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rhesus_TOR
03.08.2013 , 02:03 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
The new information I have for you (and I confirmed with Ahmad) is that the overflow that you will have when 2.0 launches is another 50 on top of that. What this means is that any Planetary Commendations that you have above 100 will be lost.
The bigger question is why are these limits so low? You're ditching a ton of commendation types and yet you're cutting the commendation limits down from 1k to 200 or less?

This feels like punishment for people who enjoy playing a single toon - a lot.
Quod Erat Demonstrandum baby!

dscount
03.08.2013 , 02:05 PM | #52
WOW! Double feedback! Thank you Bioware team. I had to read it twice to validate I was seeing INFO.

It's nice to see the level of communication increasing. (Keep up the good work)

Good to know about the Gold Scalene and even better on the Planetary Caps.

SUGGESTION: Increase the Planetary CAP still. Seems pretty low still. (Maybe double?)
Sage/Sorc Gate 2013 Combat DEV LOL Responses:
"...you must play defensively and make them pay for trying to kill you."
"...require a higher skill level than many players are comfortable with."

chuixupu
03.08.2013 , 02:26 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhesus_TOR View Post
The bigger question is why are these limits so low? You're ditching a ton of commendation types and yet you're cutting the commendation limits down from 1k to 200 or less?

This feels like punishment for people who enjoy playing a single toon - a lot.
The planetary commendations are the lower level stuff. The Classic com storage cap is 800, the Basic com cap is 400, and the Elite and Ultimate storage cap is 300.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Okamakiri
03.08.2013 , 02:27 PM | #54
You allow more than 50 comms per planet right now, but after patch you're limiting it to 50 accross all planets. That makes no sense. The number is way too low and it doesn't "discourage hording" if there is nothing to spend the comms on. Many of us come back to use these comms to buy mods when we roll alts, but we don't know ahead of time which mods we might use in the future. I see no positives to such a low cap and only negatives.
Blackburn - Assassin, Dovahkėėn - Marauder, Zarakė - Jugernaut, Hamza - Mercenary, Smith - Sniper

Eillack
03.08.2013 , 02:44 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
Hi folks!

To piggyback a bit on what Eric's announced above with regards to Scalene Armor in patch 1.7.2:

In addition to removing Golden Scalene Armor with the next patch, your feedback prompted us to reduce the level requirement on all Cosmetic Galactic Reputation rewards to level 10. This includes Voss Ambassador's, Hyperspace Hotshot, Section Guardian, and all Scalene Armor.

In making this change, testing revealed that the Golden Scalene Armor's level requirement was also raised from 1 to 10. This means that players wearing the armor who are under level 10 won't get any benefit from the armor until the bug is fixed (we plan to deploy the fix with the patch following 1.7.2). We'll be sure this makes it on the Known Issues after the patch, but we wanted to let everyone know about this now. That way, if this will affect you and you're so inclined, you can hop on and level your characters to 10 before we deploy the patch!

One final related thing I wanted to slip in for anyone who didn't see my post here. Companion Characters will be able to wear Reputation gear after Patch 1.7.2.

Please remember that testing can always prove to delay things, so if any of this changes, I'll let you know.
I have a question about the Gold Scalene; will we ever see it again after it is removed from the Cartel shop? I don't have enough coins sadly and I'm not buying any soon sadly, so am I beat haha?

======

I was looking forward to the Gold Scalene armor to add to my collection of the other 3, but when I heard it was Cartel only it made me a bit sad - maybe an alternate version for Gree Legend status?
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

BadOrb
03.08.2013 , 02:50 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Okamakiri View Post
You allow more than 50 comms per planet right now, but after patch you're limiting it to 50 accross all planets. That makes no sense. The number is way too low and it doesn't "discourage hording" if there is nothing to spend the comms on. Many of us come back to use these comms to buy mods when we roll alts, but we don't know ahead of time which mods we might use in the future. I see no positives to such a low cap and only negatives.
The game from 1-50 in patch 2.0 will be easier as you can use your planetary comms on any planet , so they had to have a limit on it of some value. 50 is a little low but it does encourage you to spend them more often than now. You do realise that you can even buy Makeb planetary mods with the same comms right ? They are 15 and 20 comms each for mods , I forget what level they are maybe about level 52 , so if they allowed us to keep our 700 comms on a single character it would be a little unfair as they could just get a whole bunch of cool items instantly. At least now I can use my 75 Ord Mantel comms on coreillia or even Makeb mods.

Just remember to spend a few comms before you start playing when 2.0 goes live , I suspect we will need to get our total back under the 50 mark from whatever amount we have at 100 or below , good times follow.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

Fireswraith
03.08.2013 , 02:58 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by BadOrb View Post
A lot of us will be legend a week Tuesday
A week from this upcoming Tuesday you mean right? Or in 2 weeks rather.

BadOrb
03.08.2013 , 03:12 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Fireswraith View Post
A week from this upcoming Tuesday you mean right? Or in 2 weeks rather.
A week this Tuesday , so on the 19th of March. Yeah even the people who spent over the weekly 12 k will get to legend at the same time as the rest of us

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

Wodaz
03.08.2013 , 03:14 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
Hi folks!

To piggyback a bit on what Eric's announced above with regards to Scalene Armor in patch 1.7.2:

In addition to removing Golden Scalene Armor with the next patch, your feedback prompted us to reduce the level requirement on all Cosmetic Galactic Reputation rewards to level 10. This includes Voss Ambassador's, Hyperspace Hotshot, Section Guardian, and all Scalene Armor.

Companion Characters will be able to wear Reputation gear after Patch 1.7.2.

Please remember that testing can always prove to delay things, so if any of this changes, I'll let you know.
Awesome news!!! Level 10 is great for new toons!!! Plus, companions too!!!
"Wodaz here! I'm all about havin' fun. You know, get a couple cocktails in me, start a fire in someone's kitchen. Maybe go to SeaWorld, take my pants off. Anyway, I kinda known for my catch phrase WHAMMY!!!!!"

Tureth
03.08.2013 , 04:15 PM | #60
50 is too low imo. Especially seeing as we're getting them all consolidated in to one currency. Not asking for 1000 or anything like that, but even 100 wouldn't be so bad, imo.