Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Scoundrel Healing 101

Sydth
04.25.2012 , 07:42 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by bshenkd View Post
The reason I have that stat priority is because you can't really stack tech power. It only comes from your main-hand and offhand and you aren't really actively searching for it, because it cannot be improved beyond your mainhand/offhand.
Oh i see makes sense now.
Aku'salaVyadh'iPårüshå
Harbinger

“You seem about as trustworthy as a used-speeder salesman"
"Really? Most people find me harmless and kind of charming. Never mind."

Cordo
04.26.2012 , 09:02 AM | #102
Just wanted to thank the poster for making this thread. Well done. I am rolling a smug now, and this convinced me that healing is the way to go for me

Surhammer
05.02.2012 , 03:19 PM | #103
Baller! Thanks.

Henset
05.13.2012 , 09:02 AM | #104
I just started my journey as a level 50 healing scoundrel and i have a tad different build I'd like to share - simply because I didn't see it mentioned before.

Power Hog

Why such name? Generally I play Scoundrel as a kiting style class - that means a lot of running around and precasting HoT on people - since Kolto Cloud is eating through power like old lady through cheesecake I dropped it to get Street Tough - It now changes Pugnacity to smaller version of coolhead so even if i will drop on my Energy to around 30% i can quickly raise it to 50% again and go on healing - without a break and to be honest - without a moment of thought - this cuts my healing ability - since kolto cloud is not available, but on the other hand it is not very usefull when it comes to pulling out your allies from below 30% of total hp.

As you can see I also dropped the Med Screen which theoretically grants You 15% healing bonus when under your own bubble - truth be told this effect should be very useful when someone decideds to hammer you with damage and you need to immediatelly heal yourself bursting with green light. To be honest - so far I used this bubble in two different scenarios:

1) Evac - Your enemies just opened nuclear weaponry silos and pull out everything best they can use to kill You so You just need to vanish in thin air to not get killed - this is useful when You have no time to think and need to disappear right here and right now without moment or two to use Triage. This prevents You from leaving stealth due to dots or some of weaker AoE skills.

2) Long Range/Damage Over Time - Enemy decided they will annoy you with their damaging abilities - annoy is a good word because You can outheal dealt damage, but You need to stop Healing your allies to do so. Poping bubble in such moment allows You to continue healing others while being under attack.

Usually Defense Screen does not work well against Marauders, Burst Juggernauts and power hungry sorcs - not mentioning stalking operatives which will be threat to You.

Everything else including stats priories is the same - because having 65% to crit with UDM and Kolto Pack is neat when in need of burst - It sure does not get You to the top of board when it comes to the end of Warzone - but it allows You to be effective single target healer with ability to maintain his service even in very demanding conditions. Also: Dirty Escape kicks ***!.

Aetou
05.13.2012 , 09:15 AM | #105
Defense Screen lasts for 1-2 hits. If it lasted for 15s then what you're saying about it would be useful but as it is I find its best use is usually pre-emptive - it stays up for a while and so if I activate it just before a fight I at least benefit from it. The other use for it, saving it for after you've already run away and are healing yourself up, could be nice but 15% isn't much. So, losing Med Screen is nothing to lose sleep over. Actually, I don't use it ever - not even as full Sawbones.

Losing KC is a much harder sell, though. At 22 energy (talents + set bonus) and with the 15% increase (also set bonus) it is actually a very efficient way to keep people alive (mixed with SRMP and EMP.) Often if you're being heavily focused then all you can do is kite around with SRMP on your and your tank (plus maybe 1-2 others), using EMP as it procs and then KC getting the two of you plus any nearby DPS... it's hard for me to overstate how important it is for keeping a group of people clustered around an objective alive. With average crits it does around 3k healing on 4 targets - that's a steal for less energy than a single UWM.

As far as it not helping keep people alive, I find it hard to imagine how I'd keep people alive without it against a good team. You cannot rely on UWM-EMP spam because any halfway competent team is going to interrupt and lock it out almost permanently. EMP alone won't keep people up, but throwing KC onto somebody when they are at 40% then having it tick over the next 6 seconds while you also have SRMP and then going to EMP - that is enough to keep somebody alive while 2-3 people focus on them.

bshenkd
01.07.2013 , 10:00 AM | #106
Code:
1/7/13: Made some changes, additions, fixed talent tree link, corrected typos, added in "Cover" section
I will be adding many more screenshots and I hope to start video recording again. The game's been out for a year and the gameplay has changed drastically! I can't wait to see what the new year brings for SWTOR!
Aiori on Prophecy of the Five - <Hostile Takeover>
Sawbones Scoundrel Healer
Read my guide on Sawbones healing
here!

Darminiam
02.14.2013 , 05:05 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by bshenkd View Post
Code:
1/7/13: Made some changes, additions, fixed talent tree link, corrected typos, added in "Cover" section
I will be adding many more screenshots and I hope to start video recording again. The game's been out for a year and the gameplay has changed drastically! I can't wait to see what the new year brings for SWTOR!
Thanks for updating this. Made a scoundrel as my first republic side character (and just started an Operative as well) and was trying to look into healing as something new to try.

thendrix
03.08.2013 , 01:35 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Henset View Post
I just started my journey as a level 50 healing scoundrel and i have a tad different build I'd like to share - simply because I didn't see it mentioned before.

Power Hog

Why such name? Generally I play Scoundrel as a kiting style class - that means a lot of running around and precasting HoT on people - since Kolto Cloud is eating through power like old lady through cheesecake I dropped it to get Street Tough - It now changes Pugnacity to smaller version of coolhead so even if i will drop on my Energy to around 30% i can quickly raise it to 50% again and go on healing - without a break and to be honest - without a moment of thought - this cuts my healing ability - since kolto cloud is not available, but on the other hand it is not very usefull when it comes to pulling out your allies from below 30% of total hp.

As you can see I also dropped the Med Screen which theoretically grants You 15% healing bonus when under your own bubble - truth be told this effect should be very useful when someone decideds to hammer you with damage and you need to immediatelly heal yourself bursting with green light. To be honest - so far I used this bubble in two different scenarios:

1) Evac - Your enemies just opened nuclear weaponry silos and pull out everything best they can use to kill You so You just need to vanish in thin air to not get killed - this is useful when You have no time to think and need to disappear right here and right now without moment or two to use Triage. This prevents You from leaving stealth due to dots or some of weaker AoE skills.

2) Long Range/Damage Over Time - Enemy decided they will annoy you with their damaging abilities - annoy is a good word because You can outheal dealt damage, but You need to stop Healing your allies to do so. Poping bubble in such moment allows You to continue healing others while being under attack.

Usually Defense Screen does not work well against Marauders, Burst Juggernauts and power hungry sorcs - not mentioning stalking operatives which will be threat to You.

Everything else including stats priories is the same - because having 65% to crit with UDM and Kolto Pack is neat when in need of burst - It sure does not get You to the top of board when it comes to the end of Warzone - but it allows You to be effective single target healer with ability to maintain his service even in very demanding conditions. Also: Dirty Escape kicks ***!.

So since you just started your sawbones and you think you should make a post on how to heal? Losing KC is the dumbest move you can make. It is the heart of healing for scoundrels. Also at no point should you be going under 60% energy unless there is a moment that requires spamming uw, but those moments are usually pretty far apart and should be complemented with cool head. As any spec of scoundrel you are useless if you dont know how to manage energy. IF you parse more than 500 HPS with your build I will be astounded.

Also KC is extremely effective at pulling teammates up from low health. Do some math.

Sawbones is also not a kiting class. If you want to kite with a scoundrel then use the Scrapper tree. Scrapper is very good at controlling enemy players. Sawbones is relatively useless as a kite model.

Crawelc
03.30.2013 , 10:24 PM | #109
Read the whole thing four times. Where is the scripts/loop macro section?
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest><Super Bads><Murica Force><The Cream><RSU>
All Imprimis All the time.
GM of 3 dead guilds and counting.

Crawelc
03.30.2013 , 10:51 PM | #110
OMG and its a STICKY!! My joy redoubles!! I am the happiest man in the swtor universe at this moment.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest><Super Bads><Murica Force><The Cream><RSU>
All Imprimis All the time.
GM of 3 dead guilds and counting.