Bioware Customer Support ROCKS

NwahsNirom

I had spent 350 black hole comms on a hazmat implant that I had already bought. I bought it, looked at the stats, and decided at the time I didn't want to trade the absorb for defense or something. So I threw it in my vault.

Then weeks/months later, I bought the same implant again, forgetting I had bought it before, and wanting those stats.

I sent in a ticket praying I could get those comms back, and check it out:

Dear Shawn,

Thanks for contacting Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service to report the issue you encountered.

As always, at BioWare and EA, we strive to provide you with the world's best customer experience for the world's best games. We're always interested in hearing back from you, the player, about your experience with our Game Advisors so that we can improve our service to you.

We would appreciate it if you could take the time to fill out a short survey about your most recent support experience with us (ticket 8217388). Please click here to begin: https://www.research.net/s/TOREN?c=P2-b58217388

We'll listen to any feedback you'd like to provide as we're committed to making sure you always have a personal and positive connection to our game, our people and our community.

Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic, we appreciate your custom and are always glad to assist you.

Regards,

Patrick

Bioware rocks :)

I'm confused...the email you posted doesn't actually say they're giving anything back, it just says they hope you had a good experience and asked you to fill out a survey.

Also, you can get full refunds on items for a period of a few hours, I believe, precisely to try to help alleviate these kids of problems (which is actually a really nice system that I very much appreciate).

I'm confused...the email you posted doesn't actually say they're giving anything back, it just says they hope you had a good experience and asked you to fill out a survey.

That's the thing I guess.

I have had a couple of tickets closed without addressing the issue I presented, just thanks for contacting them, or responding with an unrelated matter. In those cases, after a drop by at the support forum and a new ticket with references to the original one, I got a proper answer.

That's the thing I guess.

I have had a couple of tickets closed without addressing the issue I presented, just thanks for contacting them, or responding with an unrelated matter. In those cases, after a drop by at the support forum and a new ticket with references to the original one, I got a proper answer.

Doh. Sarcasm detection fail on my part. >_<

^^^^This. lol

Maybe he bound it with an augment slot ?

Seriously, from my experience, the main problem with customer service is the really long time tickets can take to have an answer (of any kind)

I remember a ticket of mine a while back, shortly after dread guard stuff was released. I bought 1 clickee relic for power. Fooling around with it and with a Campaing one, I noticed they didn't share the exact same cooldown. I mistakenly assumed it would be the same with 2 Dread Guard power relics and bought another one. I didn't realize it until it was too late because I immediately put an augment slot on the new relic.

So I made a ticket explaining what happened (it was on my synthweaver so not even good for stabs or schematics, only vendor trash) . Took like 2,3 weeks I think but not only they gave me back the commendations, but also the augment it was still attached to it in an "unbound" state no less.

That was nice. If they had refused my request, I couldn't have said anything since it was my mistake.

The last CS ticket I sent took 3 weeks to receive answer.

Face it they dont care :)

This is the stupidest thing I've read. Response time is not equal to caring. That's like saying calling someone's home phone when they aren't home the fact that they didn't answer means they don't care. They are backed up on tickets in a first in/first out system. I suppose you could argue that the backup being this bad is a sign that they need more staff and not getting the staff could be construed as lack of caring. The fact is before the holidays/f2p the response time was pretty good, with lower staff during the holidays and addition tickets from the massive change from f2p they got a sizable backlog, but the backlog is shrinking. It's sad that it took months, but I think they will get there.

I sent in a ticket the other night because I wasn't awarded my comms after completing a group finder op and the next morning there was a reply and all my comms were in my mailbox, so I'm certainly happy with their customer support. That's the extent of my experience and knowledge of how customer support works though, so maybe mine was just easier to accomplish? No idea.

Just thought I'd throw in a nice success story because normally I notice the only vocal people are the unhappy people. :jawa_cool:

Yeah, Customer Support ROCKS!!11oneoneeleven

NO

http://i.imgur.com/IloXWBw.jpg

1º 3 months for a response

2º I have lost 1.800 CC ( ~15 $/€ )

Resumen: I bought a mount ( 1.800 CC ), i lose the mount thanks to the Skill Cap bug. I openned the ticket but a few months after this, due to the lack of response, I bought again the mount and keep the mount in my bank until bioware fix the bug. Now, 3 months later, I get a response where the CS says that like he sees the mount in my char ( the second one ) the problem was magical resolved and he close my ticket.

I had spent 350 black hole comms on a hazmat implant that I had already bought. I bought it, looked at the stats, and decided at the time I didn't want to trade the absorb for defense or something. So I threw it in my vault.

Then weeks/months later, I bought the same implant again, forgetting I had bought it before, and wanting those stats.

I sent in a ticket praying I could get those comms back, and check it out:

Bioware rocks :)

Yes,i totally agree with you,i had a similar situation like you, purchased the wrong item,and they refounded me the black hole commendations.

BioWare is doing a good job so far.

While its great to see them being better at this, and more community effort in general

Its still a little sad to see that stuff that was talked about, begged for, and ignored is finally coming around as "oh maybe thats a good idea after all" over a year+ later,

Yeah, Customer Support ROCKS!!11oneoneeleven

NO

http://i.imgur.com/IloXWBw.jpg

1º 3 months for a response

2º I have lost 1.800 CC ( ~15 $/€ )

Resumen: I bought a mount ( 1.800 CC ), i lose the mount thanks to the Skill Cap bug. I openned the ticket but a few months after this, due to the lack of response, I bought again the mount and keep the mount in my bank until bioware fix the bug. Now, 3 months later, I get a response where the CS says that like he sees the mount in my char ( the second one ) the problem was magical resolved and he close my ticket.

You should of sent in a ticket everyday. Honestly why would you buy another one lmaooooooo. That's your own fault xD

Eh everytime i have rang the customer support number for my country i end up speaking to someone in Asia or Ireland. Think they have pulled the plug on our Australian phone answering guys. Guys in Ireland are a pleasant bunch to talk to though.