Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Team, Assemble!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jonoku
03.06.2013 , 02:46 PM | #201
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
As you guys are aware we are exploring a host of different options. Many of those options from the thread we created previously asking for everyone's input. (and thank you for that, that feedback has been extremely helpful to us)

Although I don't have details for you yet, I want to assure you that we are talking about the APAC servers on a daily basis. As soon as we have those details nailed down and ready to go, you will have them.

I know this is a "more of the same" kind of post but it is the truth. We are very actively working on confirming up the details and I will tell you about them the second that I can.

-eric
What about mine at the top of page 18

LtGeneralGezlin
03.06.2013 , 02:47 PM | #202
Quote: Originally Posted by Jonoku View Post
What about mine at the top of page 18
Only if they do one in game as well.
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
60 Gunslinger, 50 Commando, 50 Sentinel, 57 Shadow.
50 Operative, 18 Mercenary, 60 Marauder, 57 Juggernaut, 50 Sorcerer.

Rankyn
03.06.2013 , 02:50 PM | #203
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
I'm not really sure what this community's obsession with "slaps to the face" is all about.
You are not considered a true MMOer until you've expressed outrage at being slapped in the face.

http://www.google.com/search?q=mmo+%...in+the+face%22

StJon
03.06.2013 , 02:52 PM | #204
I for one do enjoy the change in comunication and find the jokes hilarious id very much like to see more of that

especially team mates picking on eachother
Even if you dont see as much positive feedback as youd hope im sure most people do enjoy the change they are just, like myself, lazy to post.

One side question tho are there any plans or intentions of putting the party jawa on the cartel market?
Reason im asking is that one of the tattooine achievements for 2.0 requires you to kill jawas while "partying" with the jawa... I find it a nice touch but i for one do not have it and as of right now theres no way for me to get one.. would be sad to leave tattoine's achievements on 97%

dsapp
03.06.2013 , 02:58 PM | #205
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey Obirayy,

As a note, Amber meant no offense by her post so please do not take it that way. One of my goals with the community team is to have us be more human and less robotic to all of you. Sometimes, that means that we are going to make posts that aren't 100% serious and are even going to try to joke around with the community. This is something I honestly thought the community would want from us, maybe I was mistaken.

Since last week when our transitions happened we have made a very distinct effort to respond to almost all of the current, major pending issues in the community. In some cases, I know those answers haven't always been exactly what people are looking for (like APAC) but at the least we could reconfirm that we know there is an issue and are trying to resolve it. I would even ask that you take a look at the dev tracker to see things we have responded to over the past week, we have covered quite a bit

So again, apologies if you felt her post was offensive or a "slap in the face", our intent is to be actual people to all of you. Not just robots who post in yellow.

I also implore that if you know of a major issue, something that we haven't addressed in some way, that you bring it to our attention. You can even PM me about it, we aren't trying to ignore anyone.

-eric
Like I said on the other thread, don't let fools like that hurt your feelings (generally speaking, of course). They are few and far between. Continue doing what you're doing, the rest of the community will be much happier for it. As you can see by the responses from others in the community, the candor is much appreciated. We'll eventually weed out the morons for you.

MillionsKNives
03.06.2013 , 03:01 PM | #206
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
You are not considered a true MMOer until you've expressed outrage at being slapped in the face.

http://www.google.com/search?q=mmo+%...in+the+face%22
It seems to be. Searching only against swtor.com gave me 3,610 results for "slap in the face".

https://www.google.com/search?q=site...w=1072&bih=610

K_osss
03.06.2013 , 03:08 PM | #207
I've definitely noticed a distinct increase in yellow posts and I'm loving it. I think it helps me and probably others in the community know you're working on things because you're willing to dialogue about it. Much appreciated!

DarthTHC
03.06.2013 , 03:12 PM | #208
Quote: Originally Posted by K_osss View Post
I've definitely noticed a distinct increase in yellow posts and I'm loving it. I think it helps me and probably others in the community know you're working on things because you're willing to dialogue about it. Much appreciated!
It's interesting how we believe that there are people in the background working feverishly to produce things when we're communicated with, but when communication is lacking we tend to stop believing that's happening.

Of course, the communication or lack thereof has no direct relation to what's actually happening in the background, either way. It's an illusion our own minds perpetuate upon us.

No point here; just commenting on an intriguing aspect of Human nature.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Lord_Karsk
03.06.2013 , 03:16 PM | #209
Quote: Originally Posted by dsapp View Post
Like I said on the other thread, don't let fools like that hurt your feelings (generally speaking, of course). They are few and far between. Continue doing what you're doing, the rest of the community will be much happier for it. As you can see by the responses from others in the community, the candor is much appreciated. We'll eventually weed out the morons for you.
QFT....we agree on this. We can argue about things in the game but we are nice to each others on the forums.

DarthZak
03.06.2013 , 03:35 PM | #210
First of all yay on the new dev tracker! Its not new but it sure feels like it! Moar posts = good!

As an idea, why not let infuencial people like Dulfy, whoever runs Darthhater, Corellian Run guys and others be a guest modder for a week or 2? It'd be good for community morale if we see people like them speaking from both sides of the field. I know the guy from DH is already coming for a visit but making it a regular thing would be awesome

Also, guild meet-ups? Maybe a European one? Or both? And GM's can watch and ask questions again via live feeds? Would be awesome!

Also, we Euro's are feeling a bit left out I think. I cant speak for everyone so I wont but my feelings sometimes really go "Hmmm Americans pay less than us, get more **** done than us and they get all the cool stuff like cantina tours!"
Yes, I know Im jealous but damnit I wanna get drunk with you guys >_< (PS. I live in Antwerp and know a few great pubs with hundreds kinds of beers and you can bring Dr. Greg since I know he loves it)

Finally, you guys talk about roadmaps a lot and having worked for a multimillion company Ive seen roadmaps and I also know we called them "lolmaps" since half the **** took longer than it said and the other half was simply cancelled. Even though knowing this, the general outline of the roadmaps are usual correct so is there any chance you can put a roadmap up? Maybe as part of a community reachout? Put in some more details about the SSSP, Ranked WZ's, more Ops and FP's. We dont want to know everything... well ok we do lol, we just want to know something xD

PS. great job! Keep it up
The Peacecraft Legacy
Elycia , Mariemaia , Minagoroshi