Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Locations for the Star Wars: The Old Republic Community Cantina Tour

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
New Locations for the Star Wars: The Old Republic Community Cantina Tour
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Zekim
03.05.2013 , 12:20 PM | #31
This may be the first event Ive ever been in the right place at the right time for! Nice to live in Dallas. looking forward to meeting some local players as well.

WarbNull
03.05.2013 , 07:34 PM | #32
These types of events are always for Major Cities. So for many players they just can not go to such things as they will have to travel way to long of a distance and just can not afford to go. It pretty much sucks for those of us that live out in the smaller towns or country areas. Heck some areas just never get any events. Be it States or Countries no matter where it is in the world.

I know the reason for it is logistics and the main thing is the cost of setting up and going to such things.

Still I wish that for once such events, no matter who or what it is, would break from the norm and go to areas that are off the beaten path and closer to the smaller communities. It does not have to be really small towns but just cities that are more centralized. Lets take Illinois for Example. The go to Chicago but a city like Peoria, Bloomington, or Springfield are more Centralized. Now if you go over to Indiana there major city is not to bad as Indianapolis in centered in the middle of the state. So is Ohio's major city Columbus. Thing is a lot of places are not Centralized so most people have to travel a good distance to go to events. Nowadays Traveling cost a lot. Many just can not afford it.

Anyways I said my peace. Maybe someday I will be lucky enough to be in an area when some event is going on.
Khai-Kun Legacy Shadowlands
Smuggler Gunslinger Saboteur
Jedi Consular Sage
Bounty Hunter PowerTech Pyrotech

Yaesive
03.06.2013 , 07:09 AM | #33
I want to know what is wrong with Atlanta, we are only the world's busiest airport and there are direct flights from Austin and most other parts of the world here.

Not to mention Dragoncon in September (27th and still going).
Yaesive | Jo'lin | Fojea
Jedi Sage | Jedi Guardian | Smuggler
Jedi Covenant - Outer-Rim Recon Battalion Formerly Canderous Ordo
"Do or Do Not. There is no Try" - Yoda

HomicidalWhales
03.06.2013 , 02:08 PM | #34
I believe they had one last year in New York City, but it was way too early for me to go and it was actually at some Pub so only those that were 21+ years of age could enter. Glad to see NYC is up there (again>), and I'll hopefully be there!

bibobpipop
03.07.2013 , 08:58 AM | #35
Aren't they always located in some kind of bar / pub?

LukeSaberRattler
03.07.2013 , 12:53 PM | #36
Well since it is a Cantina tour I would assume they would be in a bar/pub.
The Harbinger
Skabiin lvl 55 DPS Juggernaut -- Skaviin lvl 50 DPS Guardian -- Kappo lvl 55 DPS Sniper -- Verucaa'Salt lvl 47 Tank Vangaurd -- Snozzberry lvl 44 DPS Gunslinger -- Vermicious'knid lvl 45 Tank Shadow -- Viizla lvl 37 DPS Mercenary -- Okiira lvl 37 DPS Sentinel

RavensBloodyClaw
03.07.2013 , 04:49 PM | #37
Would have been nice to see them at South by this weekend during the Interactive Gaming Expo portion of the Fest.

CourtneyWoods
03.07.2013 , 05:16 PM | #38 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Yaesive View Post
I want to know what is wrong with Atlanta, we are only the world's busiest airport and there are direct flights from Austin and most other parts of the world here.

Not to mention Dragoncon in September (27th and still going).
I'm actually from Atlanta and love Dragoncon. Unfortunately, we can only go to so many events and it had to be cut from the list.

This is the case for most of the "missing" cities. We would love to visit, of course, but unfortunately we can't do it all!
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

HomicidalWhales
03.08.2013 , 12:05 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by bibobpipop View Post
Aren't they always located in some kind of bar / pub?
Quote: Originally Posted by LukeSaberRattler View Post
Well since it is a Cantina tour I would assume they would be in a bar/pub.
Well as for the other ones, I believe you could be any age to enter. I remember that previous one that said you had to be 21+, but not for the others.

MikeTheDuke
03.12.2013 , 08:14 PM | #40
I would be happy with it coming to any city in Australia, though it is looking like there is no love happening there,. Which is seriously not totally surprising, it has been to London and now Cologne so how about Sydney, Melbuorne would be better but at least Sydney is seen as a global location in a manner of speaking.

Is there any chance for them to come below the equator?
I post about Star Wars on my blog. Check it out
http://xnagamedeveloper.wordpress.co...ory/star-wars/
MikeDodgers @YouTube