Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Blitz - Most useless skill ever?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Trooper > Commando
Blitz - Most useless skill ever?

choboon
01.11.2012 , 05:36 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by LordKivlov View Post
I love it. Makes killing trash mobs a breeze.

Everyone gets a trash-mob killing ability. Quit whining and take your free 2k damage ability.
One ? We get loads of "kill trash mob" abilities. We dont even have to run up to them to use them.
Even if they get close we get better ones.

Waste of a skill but we got enough other stuff, one blind round doesnt hurt

gluefoot
01.11.2012 , 09:53 PM | #12
If you could use it on players, it would be worth it.

But you can't.

jedip_enguin
01.12.2012 , 05:22 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by LordKivlov View Post
I love it. Makes killing trash mobs a breeze.

Everyone gets a trash-mob killing ability. Quit whining and take your free 2k damage ability.
All my abilities kill trash, and most of them dont require me to walk up to the mob and cryo greande it first.
Jedip_enguin - So cool I dont even need a signature...

Deokar
01.12.2012 , 06:22 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by gluefoot View Post
If you could use it on players, it would be worth it.

But you can't.
Are you sure?

Also correct me if i'm wrong but isn't it 0 ammo? making it a free dmg

Delurian
01.12.2012 , 10:54 AM | #15
I have found it to be nice when in pvp against melée you can cryo then blitz then blow them away and continue to pew away, or even in pve there are slot of lobs that continue to attempt to get close so take advantadge of it.

Scotfo
01.12.2012 , 02:14 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Delurian View Post
I have found it to be nice when in pvp against melée you can cryo then blitz then blow them away and continue to pew away, or even in pve there are slot of lobs that continue to attempt to get close so take advantadge of it.
I'm fairly certain you can't use blitz on players. I've stood next to Cryo'd players or players who were Concussion Round stunned, spamming Blitz to no avail. I've purposely attempted this scenario about 10-15 times at different ranges between 0 - 4 meter with the same results. So, unless there is some sort of trick I'm missing; I'd have to say that it is only useful as a free ability in PvE that you can use during very situational times.
Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival.
C. S. Lewis

Gannacus
03.04.2013 , 08:53 AM | #17
No its not useless - its the only attack my combat medic uses that can crit for 5K+ damage - good for the times when in close combat. Plus its instantaneous. Shame to see it go.
Negotiation through superior firepower

If you leave now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you.... and I will kill you.

Zalekanzer
03.04.2013 , 09:09 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Gannacus View Post
No its not useless - its the only attack my combat medic uses that can crit for 5K+ damage - good for the times when in close combat. Plus its instantaneous. Shame to see it go.
You realize the last post before yours was from 14 months ago.
Also, yes, it's the least useful ability a Trooper has. Blitz only works in PvE and then only on junk mobs who have been incapacitated. Hence why it's being removed, thank god.
<The Harbinger> Anzer Katzin Requiel Zevka Katzera