Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

OK Bioware, what's with the lag and crashes??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
OK Bioware, what's with the lag and crashes??
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Missandei
03.02.2013 , 02:05 PM | #1271
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
I have proved you lied about the 1.5 million
Back at the start BioWare boasted about having 2.2mln of subs.
In the Spring 2012 BioWare announced about the 1.6mln subs
In the end of summer 2012 there were 1.1 mln of subs.
At the end of the 2012 it was 545000 of subs..

There was no info about current state, but i doubt that it suddenly begun to rise...
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

Missandei
03.02.2013 , 02:11 PM | #1272
1.how come hundreds of thousands of players can play the game with out lag or a single crash? Only a small percentage of people have crash to desktop.
Thats simple.
It is all about how the Client program is deal with situations that have a slight deviations from normal.
While other games have a better coded Clients that manage to run smoothly regardless of the minor issues, swtor crashes...
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

Klarick
03.02.2013 , 02:16 PM | #1273
Hi JarJar,

You have been following me around for about 2 or 3 days now begging for my attention. You seem to be fixated on me for some reason and I find it a little disturbing. Are you stalking me?

Anyhow, I have decided to give you just a little attention that you crave from me. I would also like to try and get you to understand the issue many of us are facing so that you will hopefully feel compasion for those, that unlike yourself, are haviong a major issue playing SWTOR. I would add that I am glad that you and Australia seem to be issue free. SWTOR is a great game, and the only thing im trying to accomplish here is to try and get a responsible, honest, and truthful answer from a BW employee above the level of the forum CS who is only reading from a book of common errors and fixes. Basically CS cant help us with this issue.

So that you may understand: Here are the facts as noted by so many people:

1. Sometime around patch 1.4 or 1.5 many people started having major server stability problems.
2. Many threads were created with replies of thousands on each thread of customers having this issue.
3. By reading their posts it is clear that it happens across all servers.
4. It is also clear that hundreds of ISP's from all around the world are involved.
5. We know that Australia does not seem to be affected -- oddly enough.
6. Reading the posts, I have also concluded that many people are exeperiencing the issue starting around 7:00 - 9:00 CST.
7. The original "fix" posted by CS on many threads was for us all to call our ISP's so they can reoute the worlds internet infrastructure so that we may enjoy SWTOR -- like you are able to do. Also, one individual from Australia was also recommending this "fix". To many of us, the "fix" was insulting and laughable.
8. All we want is an honest and truthful reply from someone above the CS level. Idealy we could get a response directly from their server IT professional. This would go a long way for us -- the paying customer.
9. If everyone is experincing the EXACT issue at the EXACT same time, logic says it's not our problem. We would like an IT professional from SWTOR to explain this to us.
10. It seems that the paying customer isn't going to just let this go. As more and more threads are created and replied to daily.

That's exaustive ennough Jar Jar, and I do feel that I have truthfully and honestly expressed our issues. Hopefully your need for my attention is also quenched. I made this response directly to you for this very reason.

I hope you continue to play SWTOR, as it is a fine game, and would now respectfully ask that if you have nothing constructive to add to our plight to please remove yourself from our threads where we are trying to get this issue solved.

Take Care Jar Jar.
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

Klarick
03.02.2013 , 02:36 PM | #1274
Quote: Originally Posted by Missandei View Post
Thats simple.
It is all about how the Client program is deal with situations that have a slight deviations from normal.
While other games have a better coded Clients that manage to run smoothly regardless of the minor issues, swtor crashes...
Great theory that I support immensely. It would explain why we can play other MMO's without major issues while SWTOR is giving us fits.

jarjarloves
03.02.2013 , 02:43 PM | #1275
Back at the start BioWare boasted about having 2.2mln of subs.
In the Spring 2012 BioWare announced about the 1.6mln subs
In the end of summer 2012 there were 1.1 mln of subs.
At the end of the 2012 it was 545000 of subs..

There was no info about current state, but i doubt that it suddenly begun to rise...
show me one single article saying they had 545,000 subs at the end of 2012

jarjarloves
03.02.2013 , 02:45 PM | #1276
Thats simple.
by all means tell us all what line of code is causing the problem.

oh and this

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/video-game...ne-kill-swtor/

jarjarloves
03.02.2013 , 02:46 PM | #1277
Quote: Originally Posted by Klarick View Post
Hi JarJar,

You have been following me around for about 2 or 3 days now begging for my attention. You seem to be fixated on me for some reason and I find it a little disturbing. Are you stalking me?

Anyhow, I have decided to give you just a little attention that you crave from me. I would also like to try and get you to understand the issue many of us are facing so that you will hopefully feel compasion for those, that unlike yourself, are haviong a major issue playing SWTOR. I would add that I am glad that you and Australia seem to be issue free. SWTOR is a great game, and the only thing im trying to accomplish here is to try and get a responsible, honest, and truthful answer from a BW employee above the level of the forum CS who is only reading from a book of common errors and fixes. Basically CS cant help us with this issue.

So that you may understand: Here are the facts as noted by so many people:

1. Sometime around patch 1.4 or 1.5 many people started having major server stability problems.
2. Many threads were created with replies of thousands on each thread of customers having this issue.
3. By reading their posts it is clear that it happens across all servers.
4. It is also clear that hundreds of ISP's from all around the world are involved.
6. Reading the posts, I have also concluded that many people are exeperiencing the issue starting around 7:00 - 9:00 CST.
7. The original "fix" posted by CS on many threads was for us all to call our ISP's so they can reoute the worlds internet infrastructure so that we may enjoy SWTOR -- like you are able to do. Also, one individual from Australia was also recommending this "fix". To many of us, the "fix" was insulting and laughable.
8. All we want is an honest and truthful reply from someone above the CS level. Idealy we could get a response directly from their server IT professional. This would go a long way for us -- the paying customer.
9. If everyone is experincing the EXACT issue at the EXACT same time, logic says it's not our problem. We would like an IT professional from SWTOR to explain this to us.
10. It seems that the paying customer isn't going to just let this go. As more and more threads are created and replied to daily.

That's exaustive ennough Jar Jar, and I do feel that I have truthfully and honestly expressed our issues. Hopefully your need for my attention is also quenched. I made this response directly to you for this very reason.

I hope you continue to play SWTOR, as it is a fine game, and would now respectfully ask that if you have nothing constructive to add to our plight to please remove yourself from our threads where we are trying to get this issue solved.

Take Care Jar Jar.
exactly the response I expected from you.

Please show some maturity and answer the questions I asked of you. It's just 4 simple questions

I await your reply.

using logic if hundreds of thousands of players can play with out an issue and only a small number of players playing across various computers with unknown programs running then it would be on the players side and not on the games side.

Missandei
03.02.2013 , 03:37 PM | #1278
Quote: Originally Posted by Klarick View Post

That actually could have an explanation..
As we know, the APAC servers are stand separate from every other hubs (Europe and USA).. And as there is not THAT much load on those servers it may be the providers that BioWare leased the site are able to provide decent support and reliable channels... Furthermore, the APAC servers was not undergo the «Great SuperServer`s Merge» that occurred prior the game went F2P...

And the Europe and America sites have much bigger load.. And as we know the Eaware poilcy in cutting the expences it is completely natural that Eaware have put their Servers in to the cheapest ServerSite they could find... So we have the bottleneck in the channel that go from the site the Swtor Servers are on...

Missandei
03.02.2013 , 03:41 PM | #1279
show me one single article saying they had 545,000 subs at the end of 2012
Read the EA finance report for 2012. And if you are so clever as you are think of yourself, you will easily find all the numbers..

I just cant understand one thing about you. If you dont have any problem with the game and allaround happy with it - what are you doing here? You have already proved that you cant help other people that have problems.. Why you are here?

Klarick
03.02.2013 , 04:32 PM | #1280
That actually could have an explanation..
As we know, the APAC servers are stand separate from every other hubs (Europe and USA).. And as there is not THAT much load on those servers it may be the providers that BioWare leased the site are able to provide decent support and reliable channels... Furthermore, the APAC servers was not undergo the «Great SuperServer`s Merge» that occurred prior the game went F2P...

And the Europe and America sites have much bigger load.. And as we know the Eaware poilcy in cutting the expences it is completely natural that Eaware have put their Servers in to the cheapest ServerSite they could find... So we have the bottleneck in the channel that go from the site the Swtor Servers are on...
Once again Missandei you post with logic and it is appreciated. Your reply makes sense to me and again would explain why the issue appears so odd. By the way are you an IT professional? I ask because having someone that is on our side could prove beneficial. You sure sound like someone that knows what the heck you're talking about.

And not telling us to call our ISP to have them reroute the worlds internet so we can play SWTOR goes a long way to prove your credibility in my eyes.