Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Friendly Reminder: MVP for healers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Friendly Reminder: MVP for healers

stupidsyrup
03.02.2013 , 06:59 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
What? I'm on Pot5, and most of the PUGs I'm in I see healers easily getting 1/2 the votes (how's that for subjective statistics? ). Maybe you are an Imp, and because Imps are evil they hate healers and don't vote for them?
Lol no I play as Republic mostly. But I do see the Empire voting for the most kills usually.

RStoney
03.02.2013 , 07:24 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Bullsith View Post
I think above 50% of the healers I guard are some marauder's pet and they don't give a toss about healing the person guarding them.

So here's a friendly reminder also: Heal your guard cause he's the one who noticed you and keeps an eye on you during the battle and he's the most likely to vote for you if you do a good job.
My main toon is a pure heal Sage. Whoever throws guard on me moves to the top of the heal priority list. And gets my vote. Will bubble anyone/everyone I can (non-stun variety) but guards are #1 in the heal rotation! Yes, I know where my bread it buttered.

AdrianDmitruk
03.02.2013 , 09:12 AM | #13
As for people whining about pocket healers only healing 1 other person in the entire warzone...

I premade with a tank at pretty much all times so I"m guilty as charged.

I'll heal almost anyone else in the warzone (known scrubs excepted) triage permitting, but if either of us are getting focused, I know where my heals are going.

My MVP vote is friends>tanks>stunning objective play>other healers. Fortunately for me the first two categories overlap a lot so I don't have any trouble deciding who to vote for.

There are so few good tanks in pugs that I tend to notice the few who rise up to the occasion. Tanks, whisper your healers after the match, especially those who know you're guarding them and make a discernible effort to heal you, because you might make a new friend.

FTR, I met one of the tanks I premade with in a pug...
Adrian-Defense Guardian | Kerrik-Vigilance Guardian | Matari-Scoundrel Healer | Treston-Pyromaniac Vanguard | Eamen-Sage Healer
Kendrew-Op Healer | Andreus-Sorc Healer | Matarion-Juggernaut Smasher
The Makaryk Legacy of Healing to Full - Begeren Colony
The Heal to Full and Make Them Pay Show

darthnish
03.02.2013 , 10:28 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Frobington View Post
Dat 1 extra comm yo so important
THIS lolololololol mvp votes have no meaning. 1 com isnt going to make a difference

Xienive
03.02.2013 , 11:28 AM | #15
Friendly reminder: Healers should vote for that tank with tons of protection that kept them alive or the dps that peeled other dps from them the whole time.
No disintegrations!
As you wish...

SneiK
03.02.2013 , 11:40 AM | #16
I don't give MVP to healers that often, simply because most of them are just trying to max their HPS (like healing theirselves, and not using situational awerness) which is not 'good' gameplay.

Stop with the martyr attitude. Healers don't deserve the MVP vote any more than any other role that performes well.

You're not 'keeping the DPS alive' any more than they are keeping you and the tanks alive. It's called teamplay.

ambitiousapple
03.02.2013 , 11:46 AM | #17
As a dps who frequently OTs or uses their own utilities to peel for healers (rather than using them for my own benefit), please show some love back...

I'm also sacrificing on the scoreboard so you can keep doing your job.

stupidsyrup
03.02.2013 , 12:05 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by SneiK View Post
Stop with the martyr attitude. Healers don't deserve the MVP vote any more than any other role that performes well.

You're not 'keeping the DPS alive' any more than they are keeping you and the tanks alive. It's called teamplay.
I have not been showing a martyr attitude. I'm surprised by the LACK of people who help the healer (at least when I play). In Huttball it's me and the carrier. And healers cannot get more than a couple medals by healing themselves.
Btw, MVP gives a whole 5 Comms! And some Valor too. Honestly this thread was more for noobs because I know you guys know how to play.

darthnish
03.02.2013 , 08:01 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by stupidsyrup View Post
I have not been showing a martyr attitude. I'm surprised by the LACK of people who help the healer (at least when I play). In Huttball it's me and the carrier. And healers cannot get more than a couple medals by healing themselves.
Btw, MVP gives a whole 5 Comms! And some Valor too. Honestly this thread was more for noobs because I know you guys know how to play.
nope nope nope nope nope nope its 1 comm look again.

stupidsyrup
03.02.2013 , 09:19 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnish View Post
nope nope nope nope nope nope its 1 comm look again.
Whoops. My bad. I wanted to call it 5 Comms and 10 Valor but it's 1 comm and 50 Valor.