Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Slot Limit

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Brewski
02.28.2013 , 02:32 PM | #11
Actually, that is the opposite of an official answer, and instead just points to the same question. (I do appreciate the willingness of people to try and help, though.)

Just to be clear, it is clearly outlined and understood that players get initial character slots as follows:
  • Free To Play - 2
  • Preferred Status - 6
  • Subscriber - 12

It is further understood that you can purchase up to 10 extra slots. This would seem to indicate that the maximum activated characters per server would be as follows if you purchased 10 additional slots:
  • Free To Play - 12
  • Preferred Status -16
  • Subscriber - 22

However, in two places a CS representative has indicated the actual maximum is only 12. This seems illogical, as it implies that a Preferred status player who has purchased and used 10 character slot unlocks only gets access to 6 of them.
So what I am actual asking is confirmation from either a CS representative, or a Preferred status player who has purchased 10 unlocks, on how many activated characters are allowed in that case, 12 or 16.

Brewski
03.01.2013 , 08:56 AM | #12
bump

Still hoping for a CS response.

Beesodd
03.01.2013 , 09:04 AM | #13 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Brewski,

For clarity, while up to 22 slots are usable when you are subscribed, preferred players have a limit of 12 (or 6 extra slots).

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Brewski
03.01.2013 , 09:10 AM | #14
Thank you for the reply.

My question though is why this limit exists for someone who has purchased 10 extra unlocks, since it essentially means the last four were wasted.

If I am FTP and buy 10, I get the use of 10 extra slots for a total of 12.

If I am a subscriber and buy 10, I get the use of 10 extra slots for a total of 22.

But if I'm preferred and buy 10, I only get the use of 6 extra slots for a total of 12?

Where is the logic in this?

denisabc
03.01.2013 , 10:38 AM | #15
i was a preferred account and i bought char slots till i reach 14. So its not true about this 12 limit stuff. The limit is 16 (for preferred, though i havent confirmed it yet, but i can confirm you about 14)

Anyone who says you can have only 12 is not well informed because after some patch the char slots for preferred rised from 2 to 6.

So you have to have 16 if you go preferred. Else you have to call CS, cause its a bug.

As i said i can confirm you that i had 14 as preferred. But now im subbed, the limit raised to 20. I dont know what mess it will be when i go to preferred again.

"May the force be... wherever it needs to be."

Beesodd
03.01.2013 , 10:48 AM | #16 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Thanks denisabc,

I haven't personally tested this, but my info list states that the preferred cap is 12. This may be incorrect (personally I'd prefer it this way for the reasons Brewski states), and we'll look into it further.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Brewski
03.01.2013 , 02:40 PM | #17
Thank you denisabc for confirmation that I can still access them. This is the behavior I would expect.

I look forward to hearing a more definitive answer once you've had a chance to look into it Beesodd.

Brewski
03.18.2013 , 12:07 PM | #18
I wanted to revisit this thread and point out that I have actually downgraded to Preferred now, and did indeed keep access to 16 character slots as expected. Hopefully CS can update their information to properly reflect this so that others don't have the same problem in the future.

On a side note, I wanted to point out that people who drop from subscriber to preferred do not seem to lose posting rights on the forum as expected. (At least not right away.)

Glzmo
07.26.2013 , 02:48 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
I wanted to revisit this thread and point out that I have actually downgraded to Preferred now, and did indeed keep access to 16 character slots as expected. Hopefully CS can update their information to properly reflect this so that others don't have the same problem in the future.

On a side note, I wanted to point out that people who drop from subscriber to preferred do not seem to lose posting rights on the forum as expected. (At least not right away.)
Thanks alot for the information Brewski!
I'm pretty sure the CS information is still based on the data from back when preferred players only had access to 2 character slots by default, just like free to play. Since the default character slots for preferred players have been bumped to 6, that information is incorrect. At multiple places in the free to play FAQ/knowledge base it still states preferred players ar elimited to 2 character slots (as well as the other original preferred restrictions that have since been changed). It's too bad Bioware isn't on the case to update their KB. It's extremely out of date in so many cases (not just free to play, but articles generally don't get updated when a patch changes things), it's ridiculous.