Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile
02.26.2013 , 04:54 AM | #2791
Good to see you back Magdalane <3 and Corso's not-so-subtle attempts at being nice? He's sweet, but I'm still not sure how I feel about the guy.

kabeone
02.26.2013 , 12:04 PM | #2792
@Striges I just finished chapter 1 so I could read this yay! I loved your take on it. I wish there were a few options in there to punish *spoiler* a bit more, and yes the dark side/light side point distribution continues to boggle the mind.

@Magdalane Welcome back! The early years of Corso and Mir always make me laugh and wonder how they ever managed to get together

Tatile
02.26.2013 , 12:26 PM | #2793
Memories

Broan

Spoiler

iamthehoyden
02.26.2013 , 06:02 PM | #2794
Magdalane - Corso and Miriah are so cute
Tatile - Talk about shock to the system. I like that he was recording that outside
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

bright_ephemera
02.26.2013 , 11:41 PM | #2795
Will catch up and comment in a bit.

Enemies gave me a chance to finish writing a long-abandoned passage. I was going to delay this 'til I had written through Vierce's Alderaan and Balmorra but it just isn't flowing. This comes after the long-ago Worlds Colliding scene on Balmorra. It takes place toward the end of Balmorra, after some fragile friendly functioning but before he really notices her. (It occurs very shortly after the Nar Shaddaa resupply run during which the Cross Faction AU splits off.) No game spoilers. 2100 words.

There's a paragraph of overlapping material (just recapping that he submits some paperwork before bed) between the old scene and this one.

Spoiler

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Tatile
02.27.2013 , 10:10 AM | #2796
I love Vierce's character and personality - how he has to fight the prejudice that used to keep him alive now that his situation has changed, but also wanting (needing?) to cling to it when confronted with the even more horrible truth. It's much easier to hate your enemy when you see them as monsters, rather than victims of circumstance (and all becomes even more complex when the reality is your enemy can be both and neither.)

I still need to play my Trooper. I think she's level 2 now

Vesaniae
02.27.2013 , 01:03 PM | #2797
Well, here's something different...a whole new universe! Wow!

NotLP: First Impressions, introducing Sith Warrior Tessa. Minor spoilers for the first part of SW Balmorra. Rather silly.

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
Force Lightning: The solution to every problem. Every. Problem.
Afterimages * Walking Penumbral * Like Moths to the Flame
Forever Shenanigans!

kabeone
02.27.2013 , 01:17 PM | #2798
@bright I love the transformation from his difficulty dealing with his Imp hatred to difficulty dealing with what an arse he's been. And that 'hell of a human being' line... <3 <3 <3

@tatile The description of Broan's perspective moving from one box to the next was great. It's strange to think about the people who live in a time and place where galactic travel is possible but they've never been outside. Also, the recording about watching the sun rise *swoon*

CourtneyWoods
02.27.2013 , 02:17 PM | #2799 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey everyone!

I just wanted to pop in here and say that I love this thread. I often visit and read your work. We really appreciate the support you give and the contribution you make to the community.

I ask you, as a fan fiction author myself, to please keep it going!
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Tatile
02.27.2013 , 02:19 PM | #2800
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hey everyone!

I just wanted to pop in here and say that I love this thread. I often visit and read your work. We really appreciate the support you give and the contribution you make to the community.

I ask you, as a fan fiction author myself, to please keep it going!
D'aww, thank you ^.^