Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Quitting in middle of WZ and consequences

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Quitting in middle of WZ and consequences

Bolo_Yeung
02.26.2013 , 06:54 PM | #1
Nearly half of the warzones it looks like it:

Enemy gets 2 turrets or goals or advance fast... and 2,3,4 people quit. Another are joining. They quit too, cursing for joining lost WZ ... etc. So, maybe add a penalty for quitting warzone in middle? Like 10-15 minute ban for entering another warzone?
I understand that people does not want to play when they're losing due to incompetent team (sometimes I have the urge to quit as well). Quitting in middle, though, severely cripple the rest of the team.

Sideblaze
02.26.2013 , 07:01 PM | #2
I'll quit any game that has more than three smash monkeys on the opposing team, It's too much.

yauhen_pt
02.26.2013 , 07:08 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Bolo_Yeung View Post
Nearly half of the warzones it looks like it:

Enemy gets 2 turrets or goals or advance fast... and 2,3,4 people quit. Another are joining. They quit too, cursing for joining lost WZ ... etc. So, maybe add a penalty for quitting warzone in middle? Like 10-15 minute ban for entering another warzone?
I understand that people does not want to play when they're losing due to incompetent team (sometimes I have the urge to quit as well). Quitting in middle, though, severely cripple the rest of the team.
People pay money to get a fun, if they do not have fun - they quit. They quit uncoordinated or weak/badly geared teams (wz, fp, ops), especially in wz whenever they face strong premade(or just good team). Weak doesn't mean dumb players, just can b lack of heals/composition or something else.

Ism a bit surprised that a number players have nazi philosophy "let's punish em". Instead of it u have to ask devs to make wz more enjoyable.

For example, I don't like yr thread, shall i ask devs to cancel yr subscription?
The Red Eclipse Zenaar assassin | Zenaor juggernaut | Zenair sage | Argh operative

iDraxter
02.26.2013 , 07:24 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by yauhen_pt View Post
People pay money to get a fun, if they do not have fun - they quit. They quit uncoordinated or weak/badly geared teams (wz, fp, ops), especially in wz whenever they face strong premade(or just good team). Weak doesn't mean dumb players, just can b lack of heals/composition or something else.

Ism a bit surprised that a number players have nazi philosophy "let's punish em". Instead of it u have to ask devs to make wz more enjoyable.

For example, I don't like yr thread, shall i ask devs to cancel yr subscription?
Like!
Firebat: Wanna turn up the heat?
It`s your money-but if I have spent as much time killing Jedi instead of your own kind...you might be winning this war

Bolo_Yeung
02.26.2013 , 07:28 PM | #5
"No easy victory for me, so I quit" ? Congrats.

x_Boots_x
02.26.2013 , 07:32 PM | #6
If you punish for leaving WZs (a intended feature) as there is a button for it, then all those that leave will simply sit idle till the next match.

The only single answer is that a matchmaker needs to be implemented in order for both teams to have a fair chance to win. As it stands now, I can tell about 75% of the time if its a bad win or great loss in the 1st 1 min.

Why do I want to be part of a unfun 15 mins because players can't don't have a clue how to do objectives, have bad gear and can't run their toons worth a damn? As much as you are being disenfranchised by players leaving, the players that leave are being disenfranchised by players that are bad, inexperienced or lazy.

You will never fix this, its just life, the only solution is to have a equal number of good geared, high experienced players on each team and a equal number of low experienced, bad players on each team.
The Sith Code:
Peace is a lie. There is only... passion, Through passion, I gain... strength.
Through strength, I gain... power, Through power, I gain... victory.
Through victory... my chains are broken.

FrogSkin
02.26.2013 , 08:00 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by x_Boots_x View Post
If you punish for leaving WZs (a intended feature) as there is a button for it, then all those that leave will simply sit idle till the next match.

The only single answer is that a matchmaker needs to be implemented in order for both teams to have a fair chance to win. As it stands now, I can tell about 75% of the time if its a bad win or great loss in the 1st 1 min.

Why do I want to be part of a unfun 15 mins because players can't don't have a clue how to do objectives, have bad gear and can't run their toons worth a damn? As much as you are being disenfranchised by players leaving, the players that leave are being disenfranchised by players that are bad, inexperienced or lazy.

You will never fix this, its just life, the only solution is to have a equal number of good geared, high experienced players on each team and a equal number of low experienced, bad players on each team.
Agreed.

The challenge is, we know Bioware track queue lengths. If they refined the match making system to ensure that teams are reasonably equal in gear and experience (I would assume valour level can be the only measure for experience) the queue times will explode.

Therefore the solution is better match making. To ensure the queues continue pop in reasonable time is to create cross server warzones.

It would appear in the 2.0 patch their intrim solution is for a better bolster system.

Hopefully the long term solution is cross server warzones.

Zenates
02.26.2013 , 08:23 PM | #8
10 minute penalty is a must.
Kick afk players after 1.5 mins if not moving fixes idle players.
No medals for healing yourself.
Remove defender medals other than the initial one.
Backfill disabled after 2/3rds of wining requirements are met, (Score, time, progress).

Bioware may inquire at my listed email address for payment options related to the above consulting and its associated fees.

Toxxo
02.26.2013 , 08:29 PM | #9
And what about people who quit WZ's because of things happening in real-life i.e. children, people knocking at the door, phone ringing etc etc. Punish those people for that? Wow...just....wow......

mulzii
02.26.2013 , 09:43 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Zenates View Post
10 minute penalty is a must.
Kick afk players after 1.5 mins if not moving fixes idle players.
No medals for healing yourself.
Remove defender medals other than the initial one.
Backfill disabled after 2/3rds of wining requirements are met, (Score, time, progress).

Bioware may inquire at my listed email address for payment options related to the above consulting and its associated fees.
I'm curious if you actually play in WZs.

1. Kick afk players after 1.5 mins if not moving fixes idle players.
People don't usually leave keyboard. They will move around, but the big thing is, they will ***** and moan on the ops channel the entire time, making peoples ears hurt.

2. No medals for healing yourself.
So the OP/marauder thats focusing you the entire match, as is their job, and you will get no medals for trying to stay alive? folks wont play healers anymore if you start penalizing them. Doing this is like saying tanks can only guard healers and taunts/guard doesnt count towards protection when casted on dps or other tanks.

3. Remove defender medals other than the initial one.
No one will ever guard nodes. Heck, no one wants to guard nodes now, take this away and no one will go near them, or just leave them once captured and get the initial medal.

4. Backfill disabled after 2/3rds of wining requirements are met, (Score, time, progress).
while crappy, a lose still applies towards daily.. just make a backfill person get a minium of the same number of comms as the lowest person on their team.

If you penalize people for leaving, you force people that don't want to stay in a match. That means you get angry people that will either sit in a corner and sulk (and not help the team anyway), or ***** and moan the entire time, making everyone else just as miserable as them, or do both.