Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thermal grenade - sound broken

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Thermal grenade - sound broken
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

tausser
12.18.2012 , 12:21 PM | #1
Starting with 1.6 the explosion sound effect for Thermal Grenade is goofed up, much of the time it doesn't trigger even though the skill itself seems to be working (you can see the mob blown back from the blast).

I know it's a little thing but please fix it.
It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

oscardeleon
01.07.2013 , 02:10 PM | #2
I have the same thing on my Smuggler. Mute grenade.

Haven't checked the other toons
[Something about duct tape and the Force here]

Cerimon
01.07.2013 , 03:38 PM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings tausser and oscardeleon,

Please log into the launcher and before pressing play click on the cog icon and choose repair. Please run the repair utility multiple times until there is no indication of files being repaired.

If the repair utility does not resolve this for you then please report this as a bug.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

MikeTheDuke
01.07.2013 , 05:27 PM | #4
I have noticed this with the smuggler as well, but also I have noticed that when there is no sound there is also no effects of the explosion. I will try the repair to see if that fixes it. But interestingly it does play the sound and display the animation on some occasions.

Avorniel
02.24.2013 , 03:27 PM | #5
have this with the Frac. Grenade with my sniper and operative works fine with group of mobs but use it against large beasts grouped or single the sound doesn't work and you don't see any animation.

Have run repair so will do a bug report all I can say it was fine pre December last year as I have only been back 3 weeks ,so had to update the game.
I sense a great disturbance in the Force... it's as if a million hamsters suddenly cried out in terror... and suddenly fell silent. Ref:- Raji_Lev