Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Repair costs vs Pugs


Brittaany_Banks's Avatar


Brittaany_Banks
02.19.2013 , 04:00 PM | #11
The only thing higher repair costs does is discourage progression content by penalizing the player even more that participates in end game content.

it also discourages grouping in PuGs. I won't even entertain for one second joining a PuG for Lost Island now that the repair costs are ridiculous. This hurts, not helps the game.

If the devs want more money sinks they need to be more meaningful. Not a penalty for participating in content.
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?

Thundergulch's Avatar


Thundergulch
02.19.2013 , 04:04 PM | #12
What is wrong with you people?
THE REPAIR COSTS AREN'T THAT BIG OF A DEAL!
1-1/2 hours of daily's will give you the money for repair costs!
Oh no,people actually have to put in a little effort to maintain their wallet, the humanity! How dare they devs actually expect us to work for our rewards!

TheNahash's Avatar


TheNahash
02.19.2013 , 04:06 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Brittaany_Banks View Post
If the devs want more money sinks they need to be more meaningful. Not a penalty for participating in content.
I don't even think that was their reasoning for it.
I mean, there are already so many credit sinks in the game - legacy perks, cartel items on the GTN, remodding and augmenting etc. - that it doesn't really make much sense that anyone would think "yeah, this game needs more credit sinks".
I personally think it's something they always considered a bug that they only now got around to fixing but (like the GTN issue) people are generally not happy when changes are made - especially if those changes don't exactly make sense anymore or don't really help with anything.

If we were in the pre-Legacy period, when there were so few things you could buy that people had credits and nothing to do with them it would've (kinda) made sense, but now...not so much.

TheNahash's Avatar


TheNahash
02.19.2013 , 04:11 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Thundergulch View Post
What is wrong with you people?
THE REPAIR COSTS AREN'T THAT BIG OF A DEAL!
1-1/2 hours of daily's will give you the money for repair costs!
Oh no,people actually have to put in a little effort to maintain their wallet, the humanity! How dare they devs actually expect us to work for our rewards!
They might not be a huge deal to you or me, but it is to some people.
Every change the devs make affects the game and people's willingness to do or not do certain parts of it. For example, if they remove Black Hole comms from FPs, I'll never do one again. When a change makes people want to pug less, it's a bad change. Not everyone HAS to be in a guild. Not everyone HAS to have millions of credits.

Or, to bring money into the discussion, a game that asks a F2P player for money to take part in an operation but at the same time lowers his chances of finding a group to complete it, doesn't really make much sense.

RandomXChance's Avatar


RandomXChance
02.19.2013 , 04:16 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Thundergulch View Post
What is wrong with you people?
THE REPAIR COSTS AREN'T THAT BIG OF A DEAL!
1-1/2 hours of daily's will give you the money for repair costs!
Oh no,people actually have to put in a little effort to maintain their wallet, the humanity! How dare they devs actually expect us to work for our rewards!
Yet another brain dead stooge who jumps in and replies without bothering to understand what the OP is talking about.

There have been times where I have wiped for over an hour in an effort to teach people LI. How likely am I to do that now that it will cost me an ADDITIONAL hour of my time to grind daily's to make up the cost in repairs? The increased cost acts as a disincentive to help new players learn the game. This should be a concern for the dev's because it means new players are less likely to renew their subscription or continue to pump money in via the Cartel Market.

Increased repair costs are likely to result in decreased revenue in the long run. How is that for an argument for EA?

Infalliable's Avatar


Infalliable
02.19.2013 , 04:18 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by zeshakha View Post
So all we have to do is spend 2 hours so we can get the money to help people we don't know through content because we feel like being nice?

Sounds perfectly reasonable.. this is the reason my guild has stopped pugging pretty much everything now. No reason to waste our credits due to group finder or some guild that is struggling to clear content. Excellent way to improve community among the servers.
+1. My patience for wiping with PUGs went way down with the increase in repair bills.

I do dailies to get more credits so I can buy the things I want, not to make up for other's mistakes.

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
02.19.2013 , 04:41 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Thundergulch View Post
What is wrong with you people?
THE REPAIR COSTS AREN'T THAT BIG OF A DEAL!
1-1/2 hours of daily's will give you the money for repair costs!
Oh no,people actually have to put in a little effort to maintain their wallet, the humanity! How dare they devs actually expect us to work for our rewards!
A wild debater appears. He casts "shout viewpoint." It is super ineffective.

Look, it's obvious that you're frustrated by complaints about repair costs. You've expressed your point very clearly in practically every thread on the subject.

You aren't noticing what this thread is about. The willingness of experienced players to work with pugs for progression due to the additional repair costs.

Edit: Let me try to be crystal clear here:

1. My guild has plenty of money to cover our repair costs for raids.
2. Raising the repair cost did not affect our raid schedule.
3. Many players in my guild (who are mostly full 63) used to participate in pugs in the server.
4. This was to help out, to meet potential new guildies, to get a good repulation on the server, to run ops for our alts.
5. The repair costs used to be low enough that we were tolerant of wipes.
6. Not any more.
7. We've stopped pugging ops so we save our money for guild runs.

You've already stated that you aren't interested in pugs. Therefore this thread has nothing to do with you.

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
02.20.2013 , 05:10 PM | #18
And how we have this:
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your feedback on the changes to repair costs introduced with Game Update 1.7. Upon review, we agree with you that repair costs did become too high with this latest Game Update. To that end, we will be making a change to how these repair costs are calculated, starting with our next scheduled maintenance. Repair costs will now be calculated based on the combined value of all the mods installed in the shell, excluding the value of the shell itself. Players will see a noticeable reduction immediately after the change goes in.

Additionally, wed like to apologize for the inconvenience that we introduced.

As a thank you for your patience during this time, we will also be reducing ALL repair costs by 50% once the aforementioned change goes in with the next scheduled maintenance. This will last all the way through until early access to Rise of the Hutt Cartel launches.

Your feedback is important to us, and we hope that this resolution alleviates the repair costs concerns. Thanks again for your patience.
So thank you Bioware for listening.

KryptiK-'s Avatar


KryptiK-
02.21.2013 , 03:17 AM | #19
1. I like the fact that repair costs are actually a noticable chunk of your income, you need to maintain your equipment and you should be able to feel it in your wallet.

2. The increase was too big, I stopped doing some flashpoints in GF's because I simply cant afford 100k to let a tank learn to fight every boss for the first time. This has happened a lot in T2+ flashpoints/raids using GF.