Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvE: Powertech or Merc?

JimmyTheCannon
02.20.2013 , 01:12 AM | #21
I see that. I guess I just took the "Mercs have terrible mobility and are penalized by it" to imply that in fights with mobility issues Mercs lose significant DPS, and that hasn't been my experience.

yoomazir
02.20.2013 , 10:58 AM | #22
Do you want long casting attacks with average dmg than can be interrupted by random mobs/players or do you want to roflmao anything crossing you path?

-if first choice, roll a merc.
-if second choice: roll master race powertech.

JimmyTheCannon
02.21.2013 , 12:02 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by yoomazir View Post
Do you want long casting attacks with average dmg than can be interrupted by random mobs/players or do you want to roflmao anything crossing you path?

For PVP, that's correct.

If bosses are interrupting you in PVE the tank's not doing his job right.

kezzin
02.23.2013 , 02:20 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by JimmyTheCannon View Post
For PVP, that's correct.

If bosses are interrupting you in PVE the tank's not doing his job right.
Yes, when in doubt. Blame the tank.

SithKoriandr
02.23.2013 , 02:43 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by yoomazir View Post

I don't have this problem you speak of with my Arsenal Spec Merc. I have no real idea where the DPS lies in-terms of others, but interrupt? Have not had this issue at all.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

hunterraaze
02.23.2013 , 03:14 PM | #26
I think I'm pure raw numbers, PT is going to be dishing more DPS then a Merc. That's not saying Mercs aren't viable, as the have great PvE DPS.

JimmyTheCannon
02.23.2013 , 11:00 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by kezzin View Post
Yes, when in doubt. Blame the tank.
That is not at all what I said.

Push-back and such only applies when you're getting hit. If you're doing your job right, and the tank is doing his job right, then Arsenal DPS has no issues. They're not going to get interrupted, so that's not an issue in PVE.

That's all I'm saying. The fact that Mercs are at the mercy of interrupts has virtually NO effect on PVE if everyone's doing their job right.