Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Most FUN class to play (Discussion)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Most FUN class to play (Discussion)

sindemonis
02.10.2013 , 07:58 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Zeebie View Post
Having only played the 4 republic starting stories and 1 sith warrior, I found the smuggler class to be the most fun. Move into a gunslinger and it was also super fun. worst class has to be jedi knight/guardian who really is very boring class to play.
I played the gunslinger if you want a Han Solo doesnt play by the rules character go with this one

Amadahy
02.12.2013 , 02:16 AM | #92
For me, the Scoundrel/Smuggler is the funnest AC I have played in this game. It has done what I thought no other AC could do, and that's surpass my BH Powertech/Pyrotech.

I love the animations, I LOVE shooting my enemy in the back with my shot gun, bashing someone with my pistol, AND sucker punching my enemy to a quick death. I absolutely love being able to fire off a couple of heals to players I see in trouble too.

If that didn't convince you of my love for the Scoundrel, let me say this....I stayed on Taris an extra two days just because I was killing everything in sight. How could I not shoot, bash, and punch ever Rakghoul I saw in the face? :-D

If we're talking story, though. My LS Sith Warrior is hands down my favorite story in the game.
The Alcaeus Legacy
Heirah ~ Jedi Knight
Nasirah ~ Sith Warrior Sopheina ~ Sith Sorc Melena ~ Sniper
Sienah ~ Scoundrel

Jetflair
02.14.2013 , 07:03 AM | #93
I have 50 level Vanguard, Guardian 50 level and BH 50 level. Smuggler was my first character ever but played only to level 31 so far. Consular I played about level 25.

My preference goes to BH. It nice easy class that can heal and do some nice damage. Easiest to level so far.
Story isn't bad and you get pretty ambigious swashbuckling experience.

Guardian is pretty good but its sort of odd mixture of being tank and very complicated mechanics when you tank/dps.
Sometimes I feel they are really good othertimes I feel they just feel very average.

I like Smuggler a lot. Its story and playstyle is nice. Put somehow it puts me off a bit. I love the mechanics(used to play rogue in WoW) but its not something I feel is very good for me. Maybe its the style. Or the fact you end being caped crusader with cowboy hat + shotgun. Smuggler idea is fine but I dont like way it is implemented. Just doesnt appeal to me.

Vanguard I like least. Its pretty good in pvp and otherwise but it just doesnt roll my socks. I cant find fault in it but neither I can descripe playing one fun.

Tamanous
02.16.2013 , 04:18 PM | #94
I've played most classes to around 30 to at least gather a feel for them.

For my taste this is what I found:

Assassin/shadow: I keep hearing how god they are. I have attempted to level one of these 4 times! Each time I get to a little over 20 and ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ... stop playing it.

All BH/Troopers: Have a 30+ Commando and every tree annoys me. I find them boring and with gimmicky rotations. Van/PT's are supposed to faceroll everyone and I have tried to level one 3 times. Every time I start their rotations from any tree and ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ... stop playing it.

Marauder: Honestly their rotations are somewhat interesting but to me they feel too selfish in their game play. They have a ton of powers that are only effective in melee range. If I want to help others far away it's wait for leap or nothing else. Perhaps it's just me but if I don't have range in a class it bores me to death. I also prefer non-force using classes because sci-fi to me is about tech and not playing a fantasy magic user. Same goes for Sorcs as I have never leveled one past early teens. I'm not saying there aren't tactics to melee combat. I'm just saying that you only need to stick to a very few basics and you have most of the tactics down. There is only so much you can do within 4m.

Ops/scoundrels: Honestly an Op was my main. I like them but the current state of the class is game is too annoying to deal with. Hopefully the upcoming changes will do something but I highly doubt they will ever be wanted more than just healing.

Sniper/slinger: My new favorite class. Not just in this game but possible any mmo I have ever played (not saying Swtor is my fav ... just the class). Who ever designed this class is genius although I am sure it was a compilation of ideas. It is just pure fun with it's complexity. When you have a range of 30-40m with most powers you can do so many thing at all times. Range has a lot to do with the enjoyment as I become interested the more complex combat is. A melee class has very little use of knowing what is around them in an 70-80m radius once they engage. They have limited tools for preemptive actions. This bores me. To be a good slinger you must know where every person on battlefield is at all times and react to them before they can react to you. This is a bit part of why I find the class so entirely fun.

Eshmael
02.16.2013 , 05:12 PM | #95
Gunslinger.
You can close here now.

biguydeadd
02.17.2013 , 11:52 PM | #96
I love playing the sorcerer healer,the pve aspect is zzzzz and sure,it doesn't have a complicated rotation,but when it goes into pvp you're constantly focused chased and harried with no let up,it's infuriating at times but no other class i play in pvp gets that kind of attention,no time for sleeping on the job or you'll get koed before you can blink
Do you say "could care less"? Please,for the love of god,watch this instructional video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw

Miravlix
02.18.2013 , 02:53 PM | #97
I think this thread got a bit messed up.

Playing Trooper, is not just playing Trooper, one AC is a turret/healer and the other is a Tank/DPS setup, not to mention picking the right skills can change an AC from annoying to very fun.

Jedi Guardian Defense spec, can really mess up the other sides day, same with Trooper Vanguard Hybrid Tank.

Several specs require DoT management or you sit around waiting for procs to use your cool stuff. Those really annoy me.

command_codes
02.19.2013 , 10:21 PM | #98
1] Powertech

2] Operative

Razzum-void
05.24.2013 , 12:57 AM | #99
i have played ia to just under 10 a bh to 29 a sith assasin to 14 a jedi sage to 22 a gunslinger to level 15 a trooper to level 12 havent realy played a jedi knight played a sith mauderer to level 14 and my fav is probs the bounty hunter but i am guna level up my AI cus i seem to like it alot so fat and i have my conpanion now so its all good

EazyWin
05.24.2013 , 01:17 AM | #100
I'm presuming this thread is about PvE, since PvP depends a great deal on your teammates not being glory hounds and trying to solo nodes.

So far I have completed (in order) Consular, Warrior, Trooper, Smuggler, and Inquisitor storylines. Makeb storyline I have completed for both sides and found it worthwhile.

In order of preference:

Warrior
Smuggler
Inquisitor
Consular
Trooper

The top 2 were much better than the rest IMO. The Warrior storyline felt very true to the SW universe, and the Smuggler was hilarious with many of the dialogue options.

In HM FPs and Ops I find that my Consular (which is also my main) as a TK Sage is immensely fun to play with the burst that was added in 2.0. The Smuggler (in my case Sharpshooter Gunslinger) is also great IMO with their instant DPS abilities. I still do find satisfaction in smashing people's faces up close and personal with the Vengeance Juggernaut as well.
Pain is weakness leaving the body