Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guild Website

alecfootball
02.17.2013 , 07:22 PM | #1
When do you think i should create a website for my guild. It currently has 75 members and is growing everyday. We are going to buy a bank as well. Our members range from levels in the 20s up to 50. It is on a PVE server and our members are pretty active. I am just wondering when you think i should make a website for my guild and if it is even important to have one.

Rankyn
02.17.2013 , 07:24 PM | #2
Why not do it now?

http://www.enjin.com/

ScarletBlaze
02.17.2013 , 07:26 PM | #3
You need to know what you want it to do for you.

Some use it to keep touch and leave information .

We use ours to keep in touch with each other and leave messages about questions we have for our roleplays. Another thing you need to ask your members if they want one and to see how many will participate on the site.

Good luck.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: A Time for Renewal[ https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/sK3jz376Zu8

Ithilwen
02.17.2013 , 07:27 PM | #4
Depending on where you go to create a guild website, it will most likely cost you real money
Valkarah - Valania - Santiel
Dramorion - Onai - Ostana

Mowermanx
02.17.2013 , 08:15 PM | #5
If we had a few more guild tools in game, there would not be a need for a website for most.

Suzina
02.17.2013 , 10:45 PM | #6
Enjin is a good choice. So is http://www.guildlaunch.com/.

You want to at least have a forum so guild members can communicate with each other.
Member of Bane Fleet

Seelvir
02.17.2013 , 11:46 PM | #7
Shameless plug of guild website as an example: www.wehavedelusionsofgrandeur.com

Listen to the sage advice of someone above, who said you need to ask yourself what function your website needs to fulfill. Not every big guild needs a website. Some guilds use their site to brag and advertise, some use it as a central communication hub outside the game (forums). There aren't many other reasons to put the time and effort into a website other than these two fundamental reasons. If you want to brag and advertise for the sake of recruiting or fame-garnering, then a geocitiesesque enjin site might not be your best option. On the other hand, if all you care about is having easy-to-manage forums, then enjin and other services like it are perfect. If your guild doesn't really need to communicate outside the game, and you're not worried about showing off accomplishments to an audience that will 95% be yourselves, and you don't need a website for recruiting purposes (and it seems you don't), then you may not need a website at all.

Some people think a guild only grows a soul if it has a website. That's crazytalk. Websites are cool, and they can really enhance the soul of a guild, and really drive that soul's evolution across time. But they aren't necessary.
Delusions of Grandeur
Website Thread Apply
The Harbinger Server | Progression | Leisure | PvP | Social Events