Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bounty Hunters and rifles

MagicmanNC
02.15.2013 , 10:16 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by spiduranche View Post
Me and my guildies were talking about this subject a few days ago. I honestly would love the idea of using a rifle on my Merc. Being a healing, the option of a rifle over 2 pistols seems more appealing to me. This being said, it could also ultimately change the healing animation from darts, to a beam for the instant cast free heal (attack) ability.

Just saying
Yeah, commandos love the "focus me please" green beam of impending smash on our heals

I do agree it looks cooler than the merc darts, though

Malchai
02.16.2013 , 01:23 AM | #22
Sounds better too.
"The beatings shall continue until morale improves"
- M*A*S*H* 4077th broadcast announcement

GratuaCuun
02.16.2013 , 02:56 AM | #23
wow... that got off topic in only one page...

IT'S AMAZING

Anyway - it's actually pretty easy to explain why Bounty Hunters don't use blaster rifles... also why IA's use rifles, but not pistols - it all comes down to Class difference and animations. I very much DOUBT that the devs believed that bounty hunters should ONLY use pistols

NEVER TOUCH RIFLES!!! IT'S A SIN!!!

It simply comes down to the fact, that they wanted to differentiate them from their mirror (the trooper) which is why the IA doesn't use a pistol (but a rifle) and the commando advanced class uses an autocannon - it's to make them look unique, stand out on the battle field. It's not some scheme plotted against you, it's not some horrible form of mind control being forced upon you

It's simply the way they wanted those classes to define themselves

Now, you can riot - I salute you for it... and MAYBE they'll convert the Trooper animations or the IA animations so that you can HAVE those kinds of attacks for your BH... but I kind of doubt it, since they designed everything - from the BH's healing animation to his reload - around the Blaster Pistol

And, personally, I think it looks kind of cool...
People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an exercise of power are barbarians - George Lucas in 1988... Ironic, is it not?

Glower
02.16.2013 , 03:05 AM | #24
There is one BH in the VIP area of imperial fleet with rifle in his hands.........
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

LanceCorporalDan
02.16.2013 , 08:46 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by GratuaCuun View Post
wow... that got off topic in only one page...

IT'S AMAZING

Anyway - it's actually pretty easy to explain why Bounty Hunters don't use blaster rifles... also why IA's use rifles, but not pistols - it all comes down to Class difference and animations. I very much DOUBT that the devs believed that bounty hunters should ONLY use pistols

NEVER TOUCH RIFLES!!! IT'S A SIN!!!

It simply comes down to the fact, that they wanted to differentiate them from their mirror (the trooper) which is why the IA doesn't use a pistol (but a rifle) and the commando advanced class uses an autocannon - it's to make them look unique, stand out on the battle field. It's not some scheme plotted against you, it's not some horrible form of mind control being forced upon you

It's simply the way they wanted those classes to define themselves

Now, you can riot - I salute you for it... and MAYBE they'll convert the Trooper animations or the IA animations so that you can HAVE those kinds of attacks for your BH... but I kind of doubt it, since they designed everything - from the BH's healing animation to his reload - around the Blaster Pistol

And, personally, I think it looks kind of cool...
Didn't think about animation difference, good point. But I don't think it would be too difficult for bw. After all, they were able to allow everyone to use different armor and that kinda already blurred the unique looks of different classes.
Lieutenant Neves
1st Assault Platoon Commander
ALPHA COMPANY
203rd Republic Expeditionary Legion

Malchai
02.16.2013 , 12:47 PM | #26
I agree with trooper. Simply being able to equip one should be permitted at the very least. A commando still has the ability to equip a rifle even if he is gimping himself by not using his auto-cannon. Now, nobody is saying they should be able to dw rifles, but I would at least like to put one on.
"The beatings shall continue until morale improves"
- M*A*S*H* 4077th broadcast announcement

GratuaCuun
02.17.2013 , 10:36 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by LanceCorporalDan View Post
Didn't think about animation difference, good point. But I don't think it would be too difficult for bw. After all, they were able to allow everyone to use different armor and that kinda already blurred the unique looks of different classes.
Yeah but it's not just attack animations, it's animations in cut scenes. Healing animations. If they give the Powertech a sub-advanced class that uses the Trooper's animations, everyone will complain that the Merc doesn't use a rifle. So they have to copy from the IA's healing abilities or design a whole new set of rifle animations that incorporate healing somehow... or they use the commando's animations - and boom, the Merc can only use autocannons instead

There's no quick and easy fix to giving all the classes a wide array of weapons - not without completely eliminating any uniqueness between the classes
People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an exercise of power are barbarians - George Lucas in 1988... Ironic, is it not?