Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Masks + Hoods

MasterKayote
07.06.2012 , 07:46 AM | #141
Heh, I just had the dumbest thing with my Miraluka JK. Chest has a hood, it was working fine ... put on one of those cheap "headband" helmet and now my hood is gone. The funny *cough* completely retarded part? Because im Miraluka, I still can see my "headband" Bioware took it upon themselves to decide wether I care about clipping.

Dear Bioware "programmers" and "experienced designers" give us the toggle option for hood and head piece and get the **** out!

corinthianstar
01.01.2013 , 05:50 AM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by MrSarcastic View Post
The hood of the robe is part of the chestpiece, not your helm.
bahahaha way 2 be a noob and think the hood isnt part of the chestpiece. this is what we get for thinking players would make swtor a learning environment

lironBD
01.01.2013 , 05:57 AM | #143
some hoods works with some masks,
exapmles:
light armor: supreme inquisitor robe + Force lords mk1 mask.
medium armor: Xenotech weaponmaster vest + Battlemaster weaponmaster headgear.
heavy armor: Various hooded lvl 50 robes + breather helmets. (malgus style)

also you got adaptive armor with working hoods. revan mask will work with any hooded armor set.
Europe -> The Red Ecplipse
Oracans-> Sith Pureblood Inquisitor Sorcerer

http://www.swtor.com/r/NP7bNn \ Buddy invite

Aelther
01.01.2013 , 07:15 AM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVindictus View Post
Seriously, why was this changed from beta where you could wear a mask with a hood over top. Certain characters in the game don't look right not having a hood over their mask. In particular, a certain Dark Lord of the Sith who made his debut in Knights of the Old Republic. He looks ridiculous without the hood, and so does my character.
What? you mean you WERE able to wear a hood over the mask in beta? Well then removing such feature was one of the dumbest ideas they ever had. I hope one day they will bring it back. There's very VERY few masks that work under a hood. I'd love it if more worked.

Quote: Originally Posted by DeathMagician View Post
Not to mention in beta us Twi'lek's had our lekku tucked forward for hoods... Now we do not have them all, because scrubs had problems with clipping.
You mean Twi'lek's could also wear hoods? OMG Beta was probably much better than current state of the game. I guess the problem during beta was that they listened too much (to wrong people) and now they don't listen enough...

MasterVaako
02.17.2013 , 02:48 PM | #145
Bump.

Also, Phantom's Helmet, and Classic Phantom's Helmet SHOULD really fit inside hoods! I want to be able to have hood up, while having a mask inside, it looks way more sinister than the hood being removed when showing the helmet, this really needs to be fixed asap, as its ruining ones interest in playing that character ...
"I feel a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of nerds suddenly cried out in rage" by that 1% of the players, that make 99% of the rage :P

Abmong
02.17.2013 , 10:20 PM | #146
Its been an issue since launch. There was alot of clipping with the hood and mask combo so BW removed it altogether and are very slowly adding it back in. Unfortunately its been painfully slow. I've personally given up asking... I'd rather they add better looking gear which in itself could be the answer.

Fomorii
06.11.2013 , 03:18 PM | #147
Twi'leks Lekku move...they aren't stuck at the back of their heads, so give us the option to move them forward, throw them over one shoulder or the other, wrap them around the head, or turn them off when wearing hoods and helmets! This is a video game, so the laws of reality don't define what we can and can't do, only our imaginations. The screaming masses have wanted this kind of change, along with Hood Up / Down since Beta and Launch. Unfortunately, too many mishandlings and botched patches have crushed the hopes and cares of the vocal many, most of which probably stopped playing all together. That doesn't mean these kinds of changes aren't still wanted, on the contrary these changes would spark the flame of rekindled hope and desire to play this game in most Twi'leks. Even just having every species able to put our Hoods up and down would be a huge step towards showing the players, AKA the money, that we're in good hands after all! Please, realize that the aesthetic quality and freedom in SWTOR is terribly lacking and hurts the game. We've been patient enough! Start releasing changes that let every player choose how they want to look, finally, after a year and a half, let us wear our helmets with hoods up, or down, let Twi'leks wear Hoods, even if it means employing this kind of change, which would be simple and quick:

Lekku Fix:

The fix is pretty simple: Redesign the Lekku as a detached item that is just barely jammed into the back of thehead, connecting two points of reference so the Lekku can stick to something while they move. In order to give them that look of being naturally connected and free moving, you just make a tiny portion of the Lekku, from the connector point inside the head to about 1/4 of an inch outside of it as locked and motionless, while the rest of the segment has whatever flexor design they use already. This way we keep the Lekku looking the way they do, with whatever touch ups they need to do in editing to make everything look natural, yet, when we want our damn hoods up or our helmets on, then we can turn these excess items off, leaving just a normal Humanoid head for the helmet to fit on.

Let us play SWTOR the way it should be played, the way we've all wanted to since we were kids, since we first fell in love with St Wars: Let us play our way!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬◥══╪═╪══◤▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Squad 11-11-11 *Partially Forgotten Already* Goodbye sweet .