Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

An in-depth look at: The Jedi Civil War

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
An in-depth look at: The Jedi Civil War

LordRaeth
02.16.2013 , 05:09 AM | #11
Yeah when the Jedi tried to wipe out the Sith, I always thought that was what Darth Maul was on about.

Aurbere
02.16.2013 , 12:29 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by pbajnokl View Post
These are not "errors" it's called Plot Holes and NOW the Old Republic area is full of them. First of all: Revan and Malak are supposed to be THE dark lords of the sith, it was first ruined after the KotOR2 but it was not so bad since they don't tell it why he left (you could think anything for example some kind of Yuuzhan Vong threat)the writers simply didn't want the Player to play as Revan again and they had to take him out of the picture somehow. The second and the worst was this "Empreror" thing - before I continue let me clear something. The title "Darth" was found by the Rakata and (maybe) they gave it to Revan after he traveled to Lehon. NO ONE used it before them, not even Vitiate (He was called Lord Vitiate by Marka Ragnos) since he didn't find any Rakata. !?AN OTHER PLOT HOLE: How come the Emperror does not use the Darth title but every other sith lord does, it's like LORD Vitate gave this title to Revan and every other sith who he seems to deserve it?! I hope you can see what I want to say here. - this Emperror was created for an MMO (a pourly written MMO) where he is the "Aizen" (from Bleach if someone doesn't know it). Now for the next Plot Hole: Revan and Malak started to fall to the dark side in the Mandalorian Wars and find the first star map on Dantooine. Not because of an Emperor, since they met with him AFTER the Mandalorian Wars http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgH7Pb4GN_Y as you can see here, it's not like they were possesed by someone. I really don't want to speak about this anymore it's F**ks up my mind...really. NOW to the another plot hole: Before the KotOR Revan had to use the force to learn the Rakatan language AND put the republic basic in the Rakatas' head so they can understand each other. In the SW:TOR every body (even the stupidest Smugler) can understand every Rakata (and Esh-kha) and their ancient language and these Rakatas and Esh-khas can understand the republic basic. So again how come this happens? I hope you can see now that Master Baas is not wrong, more like these game writers are (because they are f***in morrons). If Revan would have left the known space because a Yuuzhan Vong (or any other kind of) threat, it would make more sense and they wouldn't have made this much Plot Hole in the Sith Order or in the game.

Edit: I writen this before I readed any comment here, but now I see there are problems (darth) that lot of other people realized.
Alright calm down.

I agree with you, mostly. Retcons (and the plot holes created) do happen, and we just have to deal with them. But you should also remember that both KOTOR and its sequel point to a mysterious threat in the Unknown Regions. TOR expanded on that and made it the Sith Emperor. It just so happens that a few plot holes were created by that revelation.

Edit: And I have no idea how my smuggler knows Rakata or Esh-ka.
Added Chapter 35 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere
02.16.2013 , 12:33 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by LordRaeth View Post
Yeah when the Jedi tried to wipe out the Sith, I always thought that was what Darth Maul was on about.
That's probably what it is.
Added Chapter 35 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus