Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Don’t Call Them Ruth-Less: Tales of Wynston and Quinn

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
Don’t Call Them Ruth-Less: Tales of Wynston and Quinn

irishfino
02.14.2013 , 12:58 PM | #171
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
"I've had the monologue lined up for weeks."
After reviving myself from my death by hilarity via Do the Math... I died laughing again at that line.

Oh, Quinn, you magnificent monologuing bastard, you.
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

bright_ephemera
02.14.2013 , 01:01 PM | #172
Quote: Originally Posted by Mathemagica View Post
YES! YES! YES! To all of it! *true nerdgasm*
Also: NOOOO! Fourrier transform is evil!
You made me a happy little person.
As an electrical engineer I was obligated to represent the Fourier transform somewhere. My math-book-to-innuendo translation just wouldn't be complete without it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Mathemagica View Post
I'm all on Wynstons side. I mean, Stone-Weierstrass says it all.
It really does! It occurs to me now that the true master of seduction is simply the one who can bring the highest-order polynomial to bear on the curves in question...this clearly must be the kind of thing Wynston trains for. I would say he gives it all the processing cycles it needs, but a term of effort that uses the unit "flops" is not really where I wanted to go with this comparison...

As for Holiday? Quinn's air of noble tragedy strikes again. Too bad about his personality...Tharan had a sense of fun, at least. Holiday's appearance at all was in theory a one-off whim, but I think she might show up again sometime.

Quote: Originally Posted by irishfino View Post
Hey, do one thing, do it well. Do two things (say, backstabbing), monumentally screw it up. So maybe do just the one thing, yeah, Quinn?
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

bright_ephemera
02.14.2013 , 01:06 PM | #173
I had some minor annotations (in color) for Do the Math, that I'll copy over here as notes on some of the more mathematically consistent passages within that story. Not a whole lot, but a few explanations and observations.

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

Mathemagica
02.16.2013 , 05:36 AM | #174
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
As an electrical engineer I was obligated to represent the Fourier transform somewhere. My math-book-to-innuendo translation just wouldn't be complete without it.

It really does! It occurs to me now that the true master of seduction is simply the one who can bring the highest-order polynomial to bear on the curves in question...this clearly must be the kind of thing Wynston trains for. I would say he gives it all the processing cycles it needs, but a term of effort that uses the unit "flops" is not really where I wanted to go with this comparison...
I knew an engineer was involved in the creation of this. Mathematicians just don't say synthetic substitution.

If seduction can be mastered by high-order fitting of curves, then it is indeed a very hard task that requires a lot of patience and precision (make one mistake, you're screwed)... I think, I shouldn't go on with this line of thought.

Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera
Mathematicians call oranges imaginary because they have no ambition and Newton never got hit by one, but engineers know that "imaginary" is just a word.
That's not true. We only call them imaginary because no one - except for engineers of course - is willing to accept them as real numbers (pun wasn't intended, but it happened anyways).

Quote: Originally Posted by irishfino
I just got Quinn and listened to his first monologue ingame. (Yeah, at some point I gave up avoiding Warrior Spoilers. It's just impossible, if you want to read anything on the forum.) Fun time has begun.

Randomane
03.10.2013 , 04:12 PM | #175
Dunno why I just thought of this now but...

TEAM QWYN
Do or do not. There is no try. -Yoda

Damask_Rose
03.10.2013 , 09:14 PM | #176
I think Junior would approve
Unity 3d tutorials http://www.burgzergarcade.com/
Friends referral for free character transfer and unlocks
http://www.swtor.com/r/Z9xhHv

bright_ephemera
03.11.2013 , 07:59 PM | #177
*dies* I don't love Qwyn, because Wynston will hate me forever if I love it. For real. But I laughed, hard.

March, 30 ATC: Cruelty

Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

irishfino
03.11.2013 , 08:52 PM | #178
So... when do they have make-up sex? I'd even settle for hatesex...
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

bright_ephemera
04.12.2013 , 09:28 AM | #179
March, 30 ATC: Comparisons

Spoiler

Note from Agent Temple:
Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

Vesaniae
04.12.2013 , 10:20 AM | #180
It seems Holiday and I have similar tastes in cheekbones.
Force Lightning: The solution to every problem. Every. Problem.
Afterimages * Walking Penumbral * Like Moths to the Flame
Forever Shenanigans!