Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

bright_ephemera
02.11.2013 , 10:00 PM | #501
Do the Math: Does Not Compute. Vierce's AU, continuing the day-by-day timeline. 800 words, spoilers for the Trooper's Hoth mission.

Spoiler

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Striges
02.11.2013 , 11:59 PM | #502
Ack! This is important and you're sending me to Siberia? For a bug? I can only imagine Vierce chewing on the handgrips of his speeder for the whole ordeal waiting to find out what happened with that info.

Which will probably be exactly nothing.

iamthehoyden
02.12.2013 , 04:25 PM | #503
Effing Garza. Sana hated her; she hated Sana I'm fairly sure; it was a mutual hate relationship. The politics in the trooper story line will drive you up the wall. The only good thing is that you can occasionally tell the politicans 'go to hell, I'll do what's right instead of expediant, thank you very much.'
Also, Vik, He's so easy going, with that slightly malicious grin. Love him, lol.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Vesaniae
02.13.2013 , 09:35 PM | #504
Let's have a Night of the Living Prompt - Affection, featuring A'tro and Quinn. Takes place in an alternate continuity of Afterimages, directly after the end of the second arc. No spoilers for any class stories. Be warned: this is pure fluff. You may need to brush your teeth after reading in order to avoid cavities.

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
Force Lightning: The solution to every problem. Every. Problem.
Afterimages * Walking Penumbral * Like Moths to the Flame
Forever Shenanigans!

MilaniGrey
02.13.2013 , 09:38 PM | #505
*runs off to brush teeth*
*runs back*
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
The Islingr LegacyShatter the Darkness
Astaron, Narithia, Xalkory, Áilleacht
The Ebon Hawk Server
Forever Shenanigans!

Striges
02.14.2013 , 12:56 AM | #506
So, after quite the hiatus, a new entry in Kirya and Rixik, Uncharted Territory.

NotLP: Behind the Scenes or possibly Alternate Views. I think I started it for BTS.

Title: Darmas’s Plans

Major spoilers for Smuggler story Acts two and three. This bit would take place shortly after My Senator, but before Together.

Spoiler

iamthehoyden
02.14.2013 , 02:15 PM | #507
Ves - Who are you and what have you done with Ves? A happy chunk of story? No drama? I'm in shock

Striges - I haven't run the smuggler story yet, but yeah, I know what I'm doing with that snake when I find him. Definitely.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

kabeone
02.15.2013 , 02:25 PM | #508
@bright I love that Kirsk is there to keep Vierce from going off the deep end, but at the same time he's not going to pull punches in reminding Vierce about his own responsibility in the matter. All the same *arglbarglPoorViercePoorViercearg*

@Ves eee happies.

@Striges Loved the look at Darmas also terrifying. Very fitting, he's one of my favorite characters.

Up to date indexes, yay.

bright_ephemera
02.15.2013 , 06:22 PM | #509
And now, prompts!

Week of 2/15/2013
Working Out the Kinks – When has any device, excuse, or plan ever worked on the first try? Write about a time your character's efforts met reality and didn't go as perfectly as intended.

Night of the Living Prompt: Keep on using any prompt you like! Check out the list at http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...21&postcount=2.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

bright_ephemera
02.16.2013 , 09:34 AM | #510
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
@bright I love that Kirsk is there to keep Vierce from going off the deep end, but at the same time he's not going to pull punches in reminding Vierce about his own responsibility in the matter.
By age 8 or so it was pretty clear that trying to make Vierce feel better by minimizing his role in stuff he had screwed up was 100% hopeless. By age 18 or so even Kirsk had stopped trying most of the time. Better to move on to how to fix it, and make sure he knows there's no jury panel trying to make him fix it alone.

Now, because I can: Crossposting one more Lodestone Wynston/Ruth under Affection, because it explicitly expresses something that may not have been spelled out before. Also sap seems to be dripping past Valentine's Day and that's okay with me.

I think it stands alone on context, occurring any time between when Wynston finally gets around to acknowledging love and…well, any time in their lives after that. 650 words, no game spoilers except I guess a very vague reference to a Dromund Kaas quest.

Spoiler

Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!