Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

why are people freaking out about Ilum in 1.7?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
why are people freaking out about Ilum in 1.7?

Arlbo_Nabbins
02.13.2013 , 02:55 PM | #341
Quote: Originally Posted by oslek View Post
Not going to happen. Deal with it.
It happened. Only 2 of the 5 dailies need you to autoflag, already near the weekly rep cap and did not do one iota of PvP. Deal with it yourself.

Arlbo_Nabbins
02.13.2013 , 03:03 PM | #342
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthObelisk View Post
In a way bioware is forcing people to pvp.
Now hear me out. One of the rewards most people are trying to get is the legacy bound lightsabers and other legacy bound weapons. Now this would be fine if they were only used in wz's and open world pvp but they are also usable by non pvpers as well so how is that not making people pvp for gear ?
Because you don't really need to do any PvP. The weekly limit on rep is low enough that you can max it out by doing all the PvE content. By doing the 4 PvE missions every day, the SM Xenoanalyst and 1 world boss each week you can get over the 12k rep/week limit with 1 character.

If you have 2 characters of an appropriate level (I did the 3 non heroic PvE dailies with my 48 Inquisitor with no problems) you can do it on just the PvE dailies.

Spartanik
02.13.2013 , 03:08 PM | #343
Quote: Originally Posted by itsmymillertime View Post
forcing people to do pvp in order to do pve content on a pve server is what the problem is. DUH!!!
You wrong. You dont need to di those quests to get the next pve content. And the quests rewards are not pve content, or pvp for that matter, they are social gear can be used for anything.
No one is forcing you to do nothing.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

Arlbo_Nabbins
02.13.2013 , 03:08 PM | #344
Quote: Originally Posted by chaosmadness View Post
Well, if you dont like pvp the problem is yours. We cant have always pve events dude...
Im a pvp player and finally we have a nice pvp Event !
Put everything in an area where both factions have access and its instantly no longer a PvE event but a PvP event. Of course with the rewards that you can buy its still not a PvP event, you don't even get valour.

If they had put this event in with 1 simple change that you did not autoflag at all then on a PvP server it would have been a PvP event and on a PvE server it would have been a PvE event with optional PvP.

LanceCorporalDan
02.13.2013 , 05:09 PM | #345
Double Post sry
Neves - 55 Vanguard
Dahkaras - 55 AssassinKeelaran - 55Juggernaut
Kalkaran - 55 MercenaryKallim - 55 Operative

LanceCorporalDan
02.13.2013 , 05:17 PM | #346
Quote: Originally Posted by drfirewater View Post
I really wish we wouldnt have a new thread about this every 10 mins ...

here are some facts you ALL have ignored and are causing alot of this issue.

the quote says nothing about pvp at all

where in all of that does it say PVP?

NO WHERE ... .let me explain what it DOES say

1) the foes we are facing are either Gree or enemies of the Gree
2) It takes place on the planet of illum in a new area called "Ilum's Western Ice Shelf" like section X or BlackHole
3) Both republic and Imperials will have access to this same area like black hole and section x
4) both republic and imperials will have different looks and named tech to encourage cross faction involvement
5) Bioware has stated MANY TIMES that people will NEVER BE FORCED TO PVP ... even in the HK parts issue you dont have to pvp ... you just have to run to the vendor buy the thing and leave.

finally ... PVPers have to really start thinking with there heads and not with there epeen. The majority of players in this game have no interest what so ever in PVP. The majority rules when it comes to MMO companies cause they dont care if they lose the minority cause there spots can always be filled with more of the majority.

As someone who hates PVP ... and does it quite a bit anyway for PVE gear and crafting matts... I can tell you no one is going to buy recruit gear for a freaking Event. No one is gonna PVP just cause there is an event ... no one is gonna love this game more for being ganked cause sorry to say even with recruit gear your not going to achieve objectives against people in full warhero unless the objective is to die alot.

WAKE THE HELL UP .... stop trolling ... stop being ignorant to the truths of this game .... and please realize for petes sake that PVP is not the be all and end all of this game..... PVE is ... sorry to say.
This made me lol...

How about where it says "Explore Ilum's contested area in the Western Ice Shelf to uncover the mysterious purpose of the Gray Secant, an enormous ancient Gree starship." What does contested mean to you? Scripted PvE fights? Do you not know what the west shelf is?

Or perhaps from the state of the game dev blog?

Topic #2: World PvP What happened to making Ilum better? What is going on with Open World PvP? Answer: We have not forgotten Ilum! I think you will see (fairly soon) the answer to this question in the game itself - something big is coming to the Western Ice Shelf, but its quite a departure from what was there before. As for pure Open World PvPwell, thats a more difficult proposition. We are dedicated to providing excellent PvP experiences to our players, but we intend to focus our energy on PvP Seasons and new Warzones. We will be experimenting with a different approach to Open World PvP, something that encourages organic PvP in contested areas in a new and interesting way, but do not look for massive new Open World PvP this year (outside of what I mentioned above). It is still on our design wall, but is taking a back seat to other forms of PvP.

Did you see where it says western ice shelf? gree event? How about where once again it says "organic PvP in CONTESTED AREAS hmm textual comprehension skills these days.

I won't even speak on your farming mats from pvp. thats a different topic together
Neves - 55 Vanguard
Dahkaras - 55 AssassinKeelaran - 55Juggernaut
Kalkaran - 55 MercenaryKallim - 55 Operative