Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ninety Seven Percent

greyjedibp
02.11.2013 , 04:27 AM | #321
I have bad feeling someone going to get hurt.

irishfino
02.11.2013 , 01:27 PM | #322
Quote: Originally Posted by greyjedibp View Post
I have bad feeling someone going to get hurt.
Oh yes. [twirls mustache] Much hurt is going to happen.

Thanks for reading everyone!!
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

irishfino
02.11.2013 , 01:28 PM | #323

“No, no, a thousand times no,” Quinn said firmly. He was packing, he didn’t have much, but he had enough to fill a bag and a half. All his worldly possessions right here. It was sobering.

“You don’t have a friend aboard that ship,” Jaesa argued quietly.

“Cerrill is there.”

“Cerrill hasn’t been part of your life for – for I don’t know how many years. Friends keep in contact with one another. She is not your friend.”

“You’re not my friend either,” Quinn snapped stiffly.

“I am your friend. I have been here through the nightmares, the sweat soaked nights, the screams. I have been here to wake you up, to hold you as you shivered and cried, to give you something to wake up to. I have been there when your composure shattered and you were exposed to fear and shame. I have been there, Malavai. I am your friend.”

Quinn didn’t respond. He didn’t know how to. He busied himself with his belongings, carefully packing each item into his bags. When he came to the last drawer he paused. She wouldn’t laugh at him, he was sure of it, but there was still the chance. He pulled a small metal case from a nearby shelf and set it on the desk. He could feel Jaesa’s eyes on him, probing him, begging for a response. He ignored the feeling as best he could and opened the drawer in the desk. From the drawer he pulled out a simple set of tools, nothing that would have piqued Jaesa’s interest. Then he pulled out figures of people, each about four inches tall, from the drawer. Each was meticulously painted and greatly detailed. They looked like real little people.

“That’s amazing,” Jaesa said quietly. “Did you make those?”

“I did, yes,” Quinn replied stiffly.

“Those are beautiful. Can I hold one?”

Quinn grabbed one seemingly at random and held it out for her. He wouldn’t turn toward her, but she didn’t care. She carefully wrapped her fingers around the little figure and drew it closer to her. She stared at the little figure then gasped quietly. It was her.

He watched from the corner of his eye as her face lit up in amazement. Then she smiled. He liked her smile. It always reflected in her eyes. When he was sure she wasn’t going to laugh at him he spoke.

“I made that some time ago,” he admittedly quietly. “Within a few weeks of you joining the crew.”

“It looks amazing,” Jaesa said in awe. “The detail, the form. It looks as if she could come alive at any moment. Is this your hobby?”

“Yes.” He continued packing his figures away carefully. “I have many, many more in storage. This is – this is the first time I’ve showed anyone a figure of them in… quite some time, actually.”

“Do you just make figures or do you do scenery as well?”

“I’ve made tombs, holocrons, ships, planets, and, yes, scenery. Some animals as well. I find my attention to detail helps considerably in making things… life like.”

“It’s amazing,” she said quietly. She held out her hand and handed the figure back to him. He grabbed it and set it upon the desk. “It’s good to have a hobby. And it’s better when you can share your hard work with a friend.”

“Jaesa,” he started quietly.

“I care for you, Malavai. You know that. If you go alone, I’ll do nothing, but worry. I’d holo you every hour just to check up on you and make sure things were going smoothly.”

“That almost sounds like a threat,” he said lightly.

Jaesa chuckled softly. “I can’t help it. I’m a worrier. Being a Jedi did not help with that at all. If you truly wish for me to stay behind, I will, but know that I will worry.”

“I-” He paused in thought. She was sincere in her plea, in her worry. He wanted her to come. He wanted to have someone who knew what had happened to him in the last few years, but he needed to get somewhat close to Cerrill to understand what had happened in the past. He could have more than one friend, couldn’t he? Friend. What a foreign concept to him. He had allies and enemies and people who hadn’t killed him yet, but never a friend. Now he had a friend and he was set to leave her behind in favor of stars knows what. “I’ll let you come,” he said quietly.

“If you change your mi – wait, did you say I could come with you?”

He nodded quietly.

She jumped happily and rushed to him, grabbing him for a brief hug. “You won’t regret this, I promise.” On a whim, she pecked his cheek with a light kiss then turned and ran from the room, presumably to pack her bags.

Quinn raised a shaky hand to his cheek. He could feel heat rising in his face in a blush. He didn’t blush. He couldn’t blush. He was implacable. He didn’t – he didn’t – but he did. And he felt quite silly for doing so. Bah. He shook himself from his thoughts and went back to packing his figures. He grabbed the little Jaesa last and held her up to the light. She seemed at home in the light and now… now she would make her home in the dark. He hoped beyond hope that she could burn bright enough to chase the shadows away. They would be drawn to her. They would want to snuff her out. Was the light inside of her enough to fight them or would she fall to madness? Could he help her maintain her light in the face of such overwhelming odds?

He hoped, for both their sakes’, she could maintain her inner light or they would both be snuffed out in the dark.
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

DarthRamette
02.11.2013 , 05:03 PM | #324
How in the Force have I missed this???? Wow just wow, you sir rock on so many levels.

Syart
02.12.2013 , 02:10 PM | #325
I'm so glad there's more of this, even if it turns out to be a traumatic roller coaster ride again *has a suspicious*
Control, passion, diligence: these three principles shape your world.

Lord Scourge: To repeat a mistake and expect a beneficial outcome is a sign of insanity.

iamthehoyden
02.12.2013 , 05:03 PM | #326
Quote: Originally Posted by Syart View Post
I'm so glad there's more of this, even if it turns out to be a traumatic roller coaster ride again *has a suspicious*
Knowing Fino, your suspicions are likely correct, lol.
Quote:
"Stars, fine,” Syla huffed. “I should have made you be evil. Then I wouldn’t have to put up with this nonsense.”
“You told me I was too adorable to be evil,” Jaesa pouted.
“You are too adorable, but, if you were evil, you could kill Quinn and I’d get to keep you here.”
Ok, that's just funny, lol.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

irishfino
03.03.2013 , 05:02 PM | #327
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRamette View Post
How in the Force have I missed this???? Wow just wow, you sir rock on so many levels.
Why thank you! And I'm a lady.

Quote: Originally Posted by Syart View Post
I have no idea why you would be suspicious. >.> <.< None at all. MUAHHAHAAHAHAAAHA! [cough]

Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Ok, that's just funny, lol.
Syla and Jaesa have a very silly relationship. Almost like sisters.

Thanks for reading everyone!!

irishfino
03.03.2013 , 05:10 PM | #328
Meeting with Jadus

After boarding and settling into his new quarters, Quinn was called to a meeting with Jadus. Cerrill delivered the message personally and would take him straight to Jadus. Jaesa, naturally, wished to go to the meeting with him, but he wouldn’t allow it. He had Cerrill and Jadus meant him no harm. Jadus never meant him any harm, even when he headed the experiments. He was insistent that no harm would befall him in Jadus’ presence and, no, she didn’t need to use her powerful little trick to discern Cerrill’s nature he already knew it. There was no need to worry, he would be perfectly safe in Jadus’ presence, if not a little chilly.

Jadus’ office was rather small for a Sith of his rank and power. Not that it really mattered. No, what mattered was the man behind the desk. In a small room, a large room, or on the other side of a planet, the man was easy to find. He exuded power and pain; promises, perhaps, of death. Which fit in rather nicely with the knife currently embedded in Quinn’s chest.

That small, silver blade tucked neatly between his ribs made him a liar. Not entirely a liar, mind, it was still rather cold in Jadus’ office and it was made infinitely colder by the rush of life leaving his person. Was this some sort of test? He may have been an experiment, may have had things done to him very few had survived, but a knife in the heart was surely a death sentence. Then he felt it, a strange rush of cold permeating every fiber of his being.

“There,” Jadus said. “You are free to leave, Cerrill.”

Cerrill smiled and pulled the blade from Quinn’s back. She pulled a small piece of cloth from one of the pockets in her uniform and wiped down the blade with great care. She was eager to add this one to the collection. She tucked away her prize and slipped the knife into an unseen pocket.

“Yes, my Lord,” she said, bowing slightly.

Quinn was vaguely aware of her leaving, of her taking the knife from his person. He was entirely numb, stabbed mortally yet still standing. And he was cold. So very, very cold.

“Attempting to turn another, Jadus?” asked a voice.

Quinn shuddered or, at least, tried to. The voice seemed to come from somewhere far away, but it rattled in his head at the same time. His head felt full and he was pushed aside for something cold and empty.

“I am surprised you have taken notice of this,” Jadus replied. “Many things have passed you by with little acknowledgement of their existence.”

“My attentiveness is not your concern.”

“I disagree. The Empire is falling apart under your watch and you do nothing, but idle. I will replace you and remake the Galaxy in my image. An Empire united in fear.”

“I will destroy you and you will be forgotten.”

“You would have to come out of hiding for that. An Emperor in hiding is no ruler. My Empire will be complete. The people will know who I am and will fear my presence. I will conquer the masses personally and subject them to my will.”

“You cannot purge me as you have the others. To do so would kill your precious servant. Your plan is already failing, Jadus. It is a matter of time until we meet. On that day, you will die and the Empire will forget you.”

Jadus extended his presence, suffusing the room with his terrible power. Quinn’s body fell to the floor, limp and cold.

Notes:

Spoiler

Damask_Rose
03.04.2013 , 09:05 PM | #329
Waiting patiently... only checked for an update a few times.

Game Development Tutorials
Friends referral for free character transfer and unlocks

irishfino
03.04.2013 , 09:10 PM | #330
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
Waiting patiently... only checked for an update a few times.
>.> <.<

Thanks for reading everyone!