Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

More proof BioWare hates crafters and those using the GTN

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
More proof BioWare hates crafters and those using the GTN
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JovethGonzalez's Avatar


JovethGonzalez
02.12.2013 , 03:52 PM | #21 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi folks, I just wanted to step in here and apologize that this change did not make the patch notes earlier today. This was due to a miscommunication and we have now updated the patch notes to reflect this change. Please note that this change was made in order to improve overall GTN performance:

GTN
  • Searches on the GTN are now limited to 4,000 results (500 pages). If this limit is reached, players will need to use other search criteria to refine the search.
  • In order to improve overall GTN performance, when searching the GTN, each word must now be at least 3 characters long to be accepted.

Please keep in mind that we will be monitoring player feedback and performance with these changes and we will update if we have any new information. Thank you and apologies once again.

Mugen_no_Jidai's Avatar


Mugen_no_Jidai
02.12.2013 , 03:59 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Please keep in mind that we will be monitoring player feedback and performance with these changes and we will update if we have any new information. Thank you and apologies once again.
Terrible change. The GTN is clunky enough as it is, and it takes long enough to search for things as it is. It's far quicker to just type "Item 27" than narrow the fields down to item level 50 - 50 and then sort through a few pages of 24s, 25s, 26s, and 27s (which there always are on the Harbinger) to find what I want. This might be a minor change to some, but I do this throughout the day on multiple characters, and it begins to add up.

Beslley's Avatar


Beslley
02.12.2013 , 04:03 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks, I just wanted to step in here and apologize that this change did not make the patch notes earlier today. This was due to a miscommunication and we have now updated the patch notes to reflect this change. Please note that this change was made in order to improve overall GTN performance:

GTN
  • Searches on the GTN are now limited to 4,000 results (500 pages). If this limit is reached, players will need to use other search criteria to refine the search.
  • In order to improve overall GTN performance, when searching the GTN, each word must now be at least 3 characters long to be accepted.

Please keep in mind that we will be monitoring player feedback and performance with these changes and we will update if we have any new information. Thank you and apologies once again.
WHAT.
So this is an INTENDED change?
Are you TRYING to make me quit this game? Look, BW, I want SO BADLY to like your game, but it seems that you are hell-bent on making me as irritated as possible. Just put it back to the way it was, please. My GTN experience is bad enough already.
I CAN'T WAIT TO FILTER THROUGH ALL THE 50 PURPLE ARMORINGS/MODS/ENHANCEMENTS FOR PAGES WHILE TRYING TO PRICE OUT MY CRAFTED PIECES. I AM SO GLAD THAT INSTEAD OF ONLY SEEING 27 ARMORINGS/MODS/ENHANCEMENTS, I NOW SEE EVERY 50 PURPLE WHICH MAKES PRICING TAKE MINUTES INSTEAD OF SECONDS. THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE /snark

Seriously. I play this and Rift and using the auction house on Rift is like paradise compared to this game.
I CAN RIGHT-CLICK AND IT WILL AUTO INPUT THE ITEM INTO THE SEARCH, IT'S BEAUTIFUL ;____;
YOU MEAN I CAN INPUT THE PRICE I WANT PER UNIT AND IT WILL AUTO CALCULATE THE TOTAL COST OF THE STACK I'M PUTTING UP? HOT DAMN, SIGN ME UP
Too bad the rep grind on Rift is absolutely horrendous or I'd have switched already due to usability alone.
<Death and Taxes>
Prophecy of the Five

Beslley - dps sorc | Arenatah - snoipah | Nef'arian - dps op | Alexstraza - slinger
KHEM VAL IS MY COPILOT

jgoldsack's Avatar


jgoldsack
02.12.2013 , 04:04 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Mugen_no_Jidai View Post
Terrible change. The GTN is clunky enough as it is, and it takes long enough to search for things as it is. It's far quicker to just type "Item 27" than narrow the fields down to item level 50 - 50 and then sort through a few pages of 24s, 25s, 26s, and 27s (which there always are on the Harbinger) to find what I want. This might be a minor change to some, but I do this throughout the day on multiple characters, and it begins to add up.
I have to agree. When looking for specific mods, one typically uses the number designation to limit to those specifically. I don;t need to see, 18, 20, 24 when I am looking for a 27.

Very very ill thought out change.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

HoraShadow's Avatar


HoraShadow
02.12.2013 , 04:06 PM | #25
Hello,

Not being able to search for piece # is seriously affecting my GTN usage. I use it daily and constantly, and this change literally stopped my commerce. I went from having 3 pages of items listed to only 2 items.

Just a suggestion, make the search validation 3 letters minimum if the word is alphabetic, and don't add constraints if it's numeric, so we can do searches like "adv hilt 5". This is very important to us traders!

Please don't ignore our feedback

Regards

DarthTexas's Avatar


DarthTexas
02.12.2013 , 04:07 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks, I just wanted to step in here and apologize that this change did not make the patch notes earlier today. This was due to a miscommunication and we have now updated the patch notes to reflect this change. Please note that this change was made in order to improve overall GTN performance:

GTN
  • Searches on the GTN are now limited to 4,000 results (500 pages). If this limit is reached, players will need to use other search criteria to refine the search.
  • In order to improve overall GTN performance, when searching the GTN, each word must now be at least 3 characters long to be accepted.

Please keep in mind that we will be monitoring player feedback and performance with these changes and we will update if we have any new information. Thank you and apologies once again.
And there it is - proof BioWare hates crafters and anyone that wants to buy crafted items from the GTN.

Covenant of the Phoenix - Galactic Republic PvE
Official Site - Recruitment Post

Legendari's Avatar


Legendari
02.12.2013 , 04:09 PM | #27
Pretty dumb change... create items with one or two digit numbers in the name, then limit searches to 3+ characters. You know, if it's really that big of a strain on the database, an easy fix would be for Bioware to just go in and add a "0" or two to the beginning of all these numbers to solve the problem (ie: Resolve Armoring 027, Reflex Mod 002). What do I know, though, I'm just using common sense
<Wanted> The Shadowlands
Legend - 60 Assassin Explosith - 60 Powertech

OmenQ's Avatar


OmenQ
02.12.2013 , 04:09 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks, I just wanted to step in here and apologize that this change did not make the patch notes earlier today. This was due to a miscommunication and we have now updated the patch notes to reflect this change. Please note that this change was made in order to improve overall GTN performance:

GTN
  • Searches on the GTN are now limited to 4,000 results (500 pages). If this limit is reached, players will need to use other search criteria to refine the search.
  • In order to improve overall GTN performance, when searching the GTN, each word must now be at least 3 characters long to be accepted.

Please keep in mind that we will be monitoring player feedback and performance with these changes and we will update if we have any new information. Thank you and apologies once again.
I have to voice my discontent with this change, then. Being unable to search for a phrase such as "mod 8", "enhancement 12" or "Armoring 27" is a real drawback. You can work around it with lower level items, but with endgame items it becomes a real pain. There's no good way to filter out all the rank 23, 24, 25, and 26 items if you're searching for a 27.
Squadron 157

<Your Companion> / <Unhinged>

Beslley's Avatar


Beslley
02.12.2013 , 04:10 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTexas View Post
And there it is - proof BioWare hates crafters and anyone that wants to buy crafted items from the GTN.
I'm inclined to agree.
RIP SWTOR CRAFTING
2011-2013
NEVR4GET
<Death and Taxes>
Prophecy of the Five

Beslley - dps sorc | Arenatah - snoipah | Nef'arian - dps op | Alexstraza - slinger
KHEM VAL IS MY COPILOT

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
02.12.2013 , 04:10 PM | #30
I'm not even a crafter, but I have to agree...this is a horrible change.

Please read the feedback provided here. Even those of us who seldom search, used 2 numbers regularly.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])