Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patcher stuck at 56%

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Juro_Khai
02.12.2013 , 02:52 PM | #31
Sorry to hear about your game issues; I'm having some myself, which brought me to this forum. However, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but NCSoft pulled the plug on City of Heroes a few months ago so you'll need a new 'Plan B' if you can't get SWTOR working.

Best of luck.

Alinna
02.12.2013 , 03:11 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Juro_Khai View Post
Sorry to hear about your game issues; I'm having some myself, which brought me to this forum. However, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but NCSoft pulled the plug on City of Heroes a few months ago so you'll need a new 'Plan B' if you can't get SWTOR working.

Best of luck.
Yeah...I found that out the hard way a few nights ago. I was actually sad.

Guess my plan "B" is solitaire now. Either that...or going back to Rift. ugh....
God didn't create the human mind. The human mind created God.

Alinna
02.14.2013 , 01:25 PM | #33
Wow...another 2 days with no assistance. Guess I need to cancel my paid subscription and find another game to frequent and support.

Maybe Hello Kitty Island Adventures....

Alinna
02.15.2013 , 11:31 AM | #34
Wow....3 days and STILL not one bit of effort to try to help solve this perplexing issue.

BioWare / EA really DOES have the worst tech support/response time of any game I have ever played so far. Does anyone really care about helping those who are essentially paying your salaries??

And if I get another Bioware/EA reply saying "I'm not sure what you have tried", when it is fully outlined in this thread, I want a FULL refund for not getting what I am paying for.

OwenBrooks
02.15.2013 , 12:05 PM | #35
try adding the program to the list of exception in Windows Data Execution Prevention (DEP). To get to the settings for DEP: Go to your System Properties in the Control Panel Select the Advanced tab. Select Performance Settings Select Data Execution Prevention tab Select "Turn on DEP..." Click the Add button to get to a browser to add the program's exe file to the exception list.

Worrying that it wont even work in another user profile, did you disable the realtek souncard in the bios if you have a 2nd one installed ? removing the drivers is not enough.