Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The GTN is broken in its current form

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
The GTN is broken in its current form

DarthTexas
02.12.2013 , 11:51 AM | #1
In an undocumented change (not in the patch notes), the GTN now requires at least 3 letters per word for a search. The GTN was already tedious enough, but now it's 100x worse by not allowing search terms shorter than 3 letters.

No more searching for "Armoring 27" or even "Resolve Armoring 27" or even "Advanced Resolve Armoring 27" as 27 is too short, instead you have to search for armoring and get all armorings on the GTN, and if you filter to purple and level 50 (which is extra clicks not needed before) you get all the rank 23, 24, 25 & 26 armorings on the GTN as well.

When the name of every single item modification in the game has a 2 digit number in it, it's a very poor idea to not let you use that as a search term.

Whoever made this change did not think it through at all. This is a poor design decision for both crafters trying to sell items and consumers trying to buy them.

Covenant of the Phoenix - Galactic Republic PvE
Official Site - Recruitment Post

Bombbuster
02.12.2013 , 12:00 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTexas View Post
In an undocumented change (not in the patch notes), the GTN now requires at least 3 letters per word for a search.

Whoever made this change did not think it through at all. This is a poor design decision for both crafters trying to sell items and consumers trying to buy them.
^this. It's right up there with changing the padlock on the UI to a triangle. Please give us an ETA on a fix for this.

And please, for the love of everything that is virtual, put up a PTS so we can point out these issues before the patches go live!
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

AlixMV
02.12.2013 , 12:15 PM | #3
Multiple threads open on this already. Did you submit an in-game bug report as well?
~ Jedi Covenant ~ (formerly Kass City & Canderous Ordo)
Sollyni ~ Brixyl ~ Jynnifyr / Serateh ~ Ydris

Adric_the_Red
02.12.2013 , 12:22 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Bombbuster View Post
^this. It's right up there with changing the padlock on the UI to a triangle. Please give us an ETA on a fix for this.

And please, for the love of everything that is virtual, put up a PTS so we can point out these issues before the patches go live!
A PTS has been available for many months. Instructions on how to access it are here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=71470

If you don't want to start all over from level 1 on the PTS, go to your My Account page, click the PTS Character Copy link, and follow the instructions there.

DarthTexas
02.12.2013 , 12:37 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Adric_the_Red View Post
A PTS has been available for many months. Instructions on how to access it are here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=71470

If you don't want to start all over from level 1 on the PTS, go to your My Account page, click the PTS Character Copy link, and follow the instructions there.
1.7 was not put onto the PTS to test.

Covenant of the Phoenix - Galactic Republic PvE
Official Site - Recruitment Post

Quintessent
02.12.2013 , 02:01 PM | #6
Hold on, after all the uber-coc%-ups they have made they released a large game patch with NO PTS at all... I Mean I know they don't fix the stuff raised by testers on PTS because we are all witness to the results, but not even pretending that they are trying anymore ????

this comes to mind....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywL-NhLQUP4

DarkRhino
02.12.2013 , 10:21 PM | #7
First thing I did tonight when I logged in was hit the GTN to see if I could find some “deals” on items I need. To my surprise I could not search for item modifications using the “27” description. I searched the patch notes for “GTN” and could not believe what I read. It was so easy to type “Resolve Armoring 27” and get the desired results. Now I have to change multiple fields to narrow the search and still get more results than desired. How is that a feature, efficient or desired?