Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 1.7 Developer Blog: Relics of the Gree Event

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Update 1.7 Developer Blog: Relics of the Gree Event
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

anesvik
02.12.2013 , 03:53 AM | #71
oh god...not a rep grind! i was doing fine with dailies...ugg. time sink ftw! not really complaining cuz i know i am gonna be doing them...lol

Gawlron
02.12.2013 , 03:54 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by lollie View Post
Raids aren't the definition of pve. Where is the other pve (the pve that most people do ie solo pve). I'm feeling no love for pvers at all :/
I'm dying for story content... I can't wait for Rise of the Hutt Cartel. (Sorry, I know this is off topic.)
CE VIP
Emotion, yet peace; Ignorance, yet knowledge; Passion, yet serenity; Chaos, yet harmony; Death, yet the Force.

Gawlron
02.12.2013 , 03:55 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by anesvik View Post
oh god...not a rep grind! i was doing fine with dailies...ugg. time sink ftw! not really complaining cuz i know i am gonna be doing them...lol
Ditto, helps clear my mind ... weird, I know.
CE VIP
Emotion, yet peace; Ignorance, yet knowledge; Passion, yet serenity; Chaos, yet harmony; Death, yet the Force.

Gawlron
02.12.2013 , 03:57 AM | #74
Jessy Sky

You're horrible at communicating to the players. Please don't write another blog post. Clearly you have caused some serious confusion on what may very well be an excellent event for both PvP and PvE players.

Cheers,
Mike
CE VIP

Eillack
02.12.2013 , 09:47 AM | #75
I just want to know who was the moron who thought Free-for-all was a good idea? Now the PvP area is nothing but premades and griefers (I'm sporting WH / EWH even)...the stupidity is amazing.

TrumpetNut
02.12.2013 , 10:05 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
Ok, so you are forced to PVP in order to do this, and can only do this event if you are 45+. Nice way to alienate half the people playing.

I hate PVP. People will just exploit it and gang up on people in groups to further ruin it. Completely ruining their chance to get anything done. I only enjoy playing WITH others, not against others, or alone.

Way to go Bioware.

My anticipation for this just died. Pretty much everything they do now just turns me off.
Well btw but every event so far has been PvE not PvP. This event isn't "leaving you out" since you can still do it. If people are getting in groups and killing you, Get a group! Join a guild! I am a huge PvPer and have so far found warzones extremely fun but as of other PvP content there isn't much but junk. Adding Ilum stuff again can really change this depending how they go about it.

Eillack
02.12.2013 , 10:17 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by TrumpetNut View Post
Well btw but every event so far has been PvE not PvP. This event isn't "leaving you out" since you can still do it. If people are getting in groups and killing you, Get a group! Join a guild! I am a huge PvPer and have so far found warzones extremely fun but as of other PvP content there isn't much but junk. Adding Ilum stuff again can really change this depending how they go about it.
Honestly, being in a group doesn't make it easier when premades are running around like mad for no reason other than the stop you from doing the daily...there is PvP, then there is just griefers hiding under the [PvP] veil....
I say remove free for all i nthe enxt event if there even is one after this horrid excuse.

nogoer
02.12.2013 , 10:28 AM | #78
"An ancient and powerful Gree starship has suddenly appeared and touched down in the midst of the frozen battlegrounds of the planet Ilum. Launched by the Gree’s ancestors long ago to explore and study the furthest reaches of the galaxy, the fully-automated vessel has been hyper-jumping from one star system to the next for uncounted centuries, examining the planets it discovers and analyzing how their native species respond to various stimuli, from mild atmospheric alterations to direct attacks."

Ummmm...this is stargate universe where the ancients had sent out ships to plant stargates and research new systems in new galaxies. Didn't anyone else see that show? This sounds like a total ripoff of that exact story line, except without stargates and the ship was apparently manned by gree.

magecutter
02.12.2013 , 03:09 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
Honestly, being in a group doesn't make it easier when premades are running around like mad for no reason other than the stop you from doing the daily...there is PvP, then there is just griefers hiding under the [PvP] veil....
I say remove free for all in the next event if there even is one after this horrid excuse.
I understand your point but have to disagree. the groups I was in were giving as good if not better than we got. in fact when we disbanded I was still being targeted for rage kills by the poor little imp premades

the FFA part of this event can make it a bit of a PitA to clear some missions but an event with pvp elements makes for a nice change of pace and I'm mostly a pve'er with only some pvp tendencies.

anyway, so far it's a blast, and if the premades are griefing you, get a couple of 4 mans/ladies together and teach them the lesson they so richly deserve

DarthOvertone
02.12.2013 , 04:55 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by magecutter View Post
the FFA part of this event can make it a bit of a PitA to clear some missions but an event with pvp elements makes for a nice change of pace and I'm mostly a pve'er with only some pvp tendencies.
Went home during lunch and jumped into the Ilum action. My Guild had the central pylon locked down and we were wrecking any and all Pubs that showed their face. It was a total blast! Can't wait to play some more tonight.
Alphamaul, Alphanoob, Alphazen - Garbage S1 Champion
Ebon Hawk | Harbinger
SWTOR 4.3: There has been a PvP Awakening. Have you felt it?