Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please learn how to play the game before you que for flashpoints.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Please learn how to play the game before you que for flashpoints.

jeniyagyu
02.11.2013 , 09:44 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by walogen View Post
Good god, I laughed so hard! Even though his gear makes my eyes burn.

Mavery
02.11.2013 , 12:11 PM | #42
It's amazing that a player can reach 50 and not know that you should only equip gear that has your primary stat on it...

RaineyDaze
02.11.2013 , 12:11 PM | #43
As a new player, 12 shadow and that's it, I think your over-reacting a bit if it's a lowbie fp. I just did esseles last night and for a first fp is was a lot of fun. Tried to whirlwind extra mobs, keep the droids off their feet. I made a few misfakes and am guilty of pulling before the tank. Noone got angry and noone raged because of my mistakes. I did read a lot on forums before I started playing. I looked at anything before I rolled. Passed on anything I get ouldn't use and only went need for improvments. I'm obviously not uber geared out being my first toon and skill tree thing is relatively new to me.
Just have a little patience is all I'm trying to say. If you don't blast the person and explain the error of their ways most people will listen as long as you don't come off as a pompus jerk.

vadess
02.11.2013 , 12:51 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by RaineyDaze View Post
As a new player, 12 shadow and that's it, I think your over-reacting a bit if it's a lowbie fp. I just did esseles last night and for a first fp is was a lot of fun. Tried to whirlwind extra mobs, keep the droids off their feet. I made a few misfakes and am guilty of pulling before the tank. Noone got angry and noone raged because of my mistakes. I did read a lot on forums before I started playing. I looked at anything before I rolled. Passed on anything I get ouldn't use and only went need for improvments. I'm obviously not uber geared out being my first toon and skill tree thing is relatively new to me.
Just have a little patience is all I'm trying to say. If you don't blast the person and explain the error of their ways most people will listen as long as you don't come off as a pompus jerk.
I have to agree with this paragraph, and nice work on reading up before hand. Don't worry, there are plenty of resources on the internet that can help you with stuff such as skill trees. And to be fair, there really are tanks and what not in Esseles as people don't have the skills, such as taunt, to be able to tank nor have gotten high up enough in the skill tree to be able to do it effectively. It's when you start getting into FPs like Hammer Station and Athiss that the roles are more defined and need to be obeyed more.

I make a point of trying to be patient while I level an alt, and/or am in a HM with young 50s as we were all beginners once. If they are trying their best, willing to accept helpful hints, as well as doing their job effectively then I'm ok with it. But if they don't listen, keep pulling before the tank (or worse deviate from the group to do their own thing and wipe us in the process), and are just plain rude when someone tries to politely ask them to not do what they are doing, then I lose my patience as that kind of behaviour is really wasting time in a FP that should be simple, like Hammer Station.
Noxturna- DPS Juggernaut, Begeren Colony
Caedusios- Tanking Assassin, Begeren Colony
Crimsèn- Marksman Sniper

Ifolad
02.11.2013 , 01:04 PM | #45
Luckily most of the time i'm healing and if the tank sucks, well i'll do my darndest to make him look like a million bucks. Just to prove a point here's a short story.......

On my sage healer, late night around 2am server time que'd for fp. Got insta que with a guild group of fresh 50's for Kaon. My tank had 17k hp in daily purples no set bonus's. I had a gunslinger in columi. The other dps was a Sent in greens, wish I had a screenshot.

We didn't die once, didn't hit enrage timers, and I have since then heal'd them many times for fp's cause for some reason they have a hard time keeping healers around due to gear prejudice and they're a late night crew. I think they're 2 brothers and a cousin, super polite dudes, listened well, took advice and even APOLOGIZED for lack of gear to which i replied. "We'll be fine" and "You gotta start somewhere".

All it takes is for the new people to be willing to listen, and a good teacher who is patient and willing to teach. I wish all the new groups I ran into read the same book these guys did. 3cheers!

Stressfire
02.11.2013 , 02:43 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Ifolad View Post
All it takes is for the new people to be willing to listen, and a good teacher who is patient and willing to teach. I wish all the new groups I ran into read the same book these guys did. 3cheers!
Very similar experience yesterday, was in a group for Hammer Station and our Tank had never actually tanked before. We did fine up til last boss since with an Op and 2 Snipers, plus the PT tank, we had plenty of CC and DPS to go around.

We wiped a couple times on last boss, but the Tank listened when we told him how to position boss, how to get a hold of adds, and how to move to avoid AOEs without causing them to take out the rest of the group. We were nice and we were patient - he was reasonable and he listened and made changes accordingly.

It's not a matter of learning to play - anyone can solo quest. It's a matter of learning to play in a group. That can really only be done by experiencing the FPs first-hand.

AdmiralOnasi
02.12.2013 , 03:03 PM | #47
I have no problem playing with new players... as long as they make it known that they're still learning their way around the game. We were all there once, and it's ok to be a noob. I'm actually playing with my three roommates and two of them have never played an MMO before so I've had to explain mechanics regarding threat. focusing targets, kill order, cc, and the like. Not a big deal.

My problems come when people queue up for flashpoints and attempt to play the wrong role, don't listen to group members, and need on loot they can't use. A few nights ago, I was running Hammer Station on my Powertech with a PUG group: PT tank, Sorc DPS, PT DPS (me), Merc healer. Well, the Merc healer (level 19) would not use the heal cell despite me asking him repeatedly to switch to it. He also needed on EVERY SINGLE DROP. There was a pair of blue gloves for our Sorc friend that he needed on and won. Everybody flips out (rightfully so), the tank even said, "Mercs use willpower now?" Then he tried to extort 50 credits out of the Sorc for the gloves. We told him to give up the gloves or he was getting kicked, so he gave them up. Then he needed on the BH Hammer Chest piece (which he was already wearing) when me and the tank could have used it, and then needed on willpower boots that the Sorc needed on. We kicked him after that. He had the gall to ask, "Why are you guys kicking me???" and "I don't know what type of gear I use!" before we got rid of him. Personally, I refuse to believe that you can finish the Hutta and Kaas and reach level 19 without knowing the kind of gear you use. I think he was either a loot ninja or some little kid playing his brother's/dad's/friend's character.

KratorOfCondor
02.12.2013 , 05:39 PM | #48
I have to admit I needed help with the gear problem. Fortunately I had friends in a guild that helped me. Explained the things I should look out for. No ya I never had the wrong states for my gear like this morons well might have when i first start a toon till i got the right helmet or gloves for the toon.

You would think after lvl 25 people would have that figured out by the selves though Right?

If they dont they might appreciate it if some one filled them in nicely. No reason to rage at someone just let them know hey your stacked wrong.

Irxyyy
02.13.2013 , 01:59 AM | #49
Its extremely annoying, but I don't think anything can be done about it, I'm thinking of not doing any fps until lv.35 or so.
I am trying to level my tank now, and wasn't able to finish Hammer Station with 3 last pugs at all due to ninja looting and weird behavior. Last time we wiped 3 times on a 1st large trash group, due to people pulling unnecessary mobs into fight, attacking random targets and a healer attacking mobs instead of healing half the time. I quit of course, every one of us was a noob once, but its common sense we're talking about, not some advanced tactics or knowledge.
// believing is bleeding

Griad
02.13.2013 , 04:57 AM | #50
Welcome to free to play option, so many F2P players lack the experience and only play the game because it is starwars. They dont spend time learning anything, heck some of them dont even seem able to read the tooltips lol.
Elder Jedi - pre-cu jedi enforcer - pre-publish 9 dark jedi master.

Proud member of DILIH Red Eclipse