Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Moronic group @ Athiss

ChicagoBearsFan
02.09.2013 , 08:22 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Tachenko_Yuri View Post
Yeah ok I do see where some of you are coming from... I've removed the names, and yes I was in a hurry to get that run done...

The guys have my apologies for taking too much initiative where I shouldn't be the one taking it.. Looks like the only moron in this is me sorry again
Good for you. None of us like eating humble pie, but you showed that you have character to look at another perspective and realize that perhaps you were partly to blame. If more people could reflect on their errors in this manner SW would be better for it.
Bearsfan - Commando Healer / DPS
Chicago - Shadow Tank
BeÓrs - Scoundrel Healer
<The Jedi of Camelot>JawaSpanker Legacy ~ POT5 Server

WaldoA
02.09.2013 , 09:08 AM | #12
So.. erm... what's the point in this thread?

AshlaBoga
02.09.2013 , 07:49 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by WaldoA View Post
So.. erm... what's the point in this thread?
A person complaining about the lack of coordination/communication in lowbie flashpoints.

Honestly, I try and solo the lowbie stuff (25/40 companions means I'm really 2 manning it) and just avoid the "what's a CC?" or "I'm a tank? No, my character is a Human, how do I transform into a tank?" issues. Usually people doing HM LFG will have learned the basics of the their class and you don't have to handhold them. Besides, I like occasionally having to explain stuff like Mentor (HM D7). There's nothing wrong in teaching someone the mechanics for a fight.

The only thing that has ever really annoyed me is when someone either has their party channel disabled (why people do this when in a group without voice chat I don't know, or when they go AFK and don't say why - especially when they do it mid boss fight.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

RaineyDaze
02.11.2013 , 01:29 PM | #14
As a new player, less than a week old, I would actually appreciate it if more expirienced players would coach, give pointers. How do you expect newbies to get the most out of thier toons if noone to guide them. How will you know that person going to that 50 HC didn't gimp along to get there, or omg it's their first time and don't know the layout or all the ins and outs.

Margoth
02.12.2013 , 11:48 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by RaineyDaze View Post
As a new player, less than a week old, I would actually appreciate it if more expirienced players would coach, give pointers. How do you expect newbies to get the most out of thier toons if noone to guide them. How will you know that person going to that 50 HC didn't gimp along to get there, or omg it's their first time and don't know the layout or all the ins and outs.
Some people do. When I'm leveling up an Alt I always ask at beginning "Does everyone know the FP?" If someone says no then I will explain it to them as I go. I figure a few minutes of investment now may lower my aggravation level in the future if I group with the person.

If the person is friendly and engaging I'll happily help them out. I've been known to run random friendlies through lower level FPs multiple times with one of my 50s to help gear them out etc.

So general rule of thumb. Be honest that you don't know the FP. Be friendly and it could pay off for you in a big way.

DreadzKaiser
02.13.2013 , 01:31 AM | #16
wow, thats worse then my last athiss run

This Douchebag PT, TheeFallin, decked in Gear from Droumand Kaas decided to try playing tank
we didn't take him srsly and tried to boot him for general Douchery. i messed up and accidently pressed abstain......bad move
after he nearly died multiple times from pulling without us (I was the Tank) i let him have some of the Athiss Drops so he could actually pull some of his weight

then he decided to declare
ok IM TANKING THIS LAST BOSS
...without stopping to help kill the 2 Champions that were on the rest of us
needless to say, he died fast.

when he respawned, he aggro'd and sic'd EVERY CHAMPION IN THAT DAMN TOMB on us screaming "THIS IS WHAT I HAD TO TANK!!!" (7 champs vs his 3, unlike this ubertank, we actually killed some before going down) we might have won if i didnt try to run and evade them (bad move in retrospect, but whatever)
when we died
"whats this, i thought you were the ****" his words
didn't press the wrong button that time

i ran into him again 2 days later as my alt, this time on Cademimu (ruining a would be perfect day in doing so)
after more of his BS and a few IRL distractions, we were at the final boss where i didn't get out of the fire fast enough (didn't die, nothing the healer couldn't deal with)
i was promptly bombarded by
"OH WHATS THAT, I THOUGHT YOU WERE SOME TANKING GOD? TOO STUPID TO STAY OUTTA THE FIRE" (again, his actual words)
in my defense was helping out my IRL friend who was playing TOR on my laptop, he accedently hit the run/walk thing
it was so hard to not respond with "even Gods make mistakes, you being here is one of them"
this time, i remembered to ignore him on the rest of my alts
Prophacy of the Five