Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Random Kaon Finder

Tromador
02.08.2013 , 10:31 AM | #1
Is it just me or...

I like to do random HM FP daily for my 5 BH comms and it's come up with Kaon every day for the past week...

...on three different toons.

I mean, the FP is ok, but it's getting old doing it over and over.

I really wouldn't mind a nice easy Esseles/Black Talon for a change.

wainot-keel
02.08.2013 , 10:53 AM | #2
Kaon is tied to the Rakghoul weekly, so a lot of people will check that only option when they queue up. So bunch of times it's not random.

I, for one, haven't had the luck of getting it by chance, so I can kill 2 birds with one stone. Lately it's either miss the Rakghoul weekly because of not having Kaon, or checking that specific option on group finder.

OmenQ
02.08.2013 , 12:58 PM | #3
I've been getting Foundry all week, with the occasional False Emperor or Battle for Ilum mixed in. I keep trying to do LI HM, but I think it's futile to try and GF PUG it.
Squadron 157

<Your Companion> / <Unhinged>

SleepyKing
02.08.2013 , 02:28 PM | #4
There definitely seems to be something up with the "randomness" of group finder. At first I figured it must be some quirk of probability, or in the case of Kaon, people queuing up specifically for that flashpoint and dragging random queuers in with them. But now I'm not so sure.

Like the OP, I get Kaon an awful lot. Five times in a row on one toon. I've asked other group members if they queued specifically and they said no. Weirdly, on my sage, I get Directive 7 repeatedly, while it has been an age since I did Esseles, Taral 5, Maelstrom Prison or Battle of Ilum. I get it so often that I find it hard to believe that it's random probability and wonder if there's some kind of system for placing people in specific flashpoints.

wainot-keel
02.08.2013 , 04:12 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
Kaon is tied to the Rakghoul weekly, so a lot of people will check that only option when they queue up. So bunch of times it's not random.

I, for one, haven't had the luck of getting it by chance, so I can kill 2 birds with one stone. Lately it's either miss the Rakghoul weekly because of not having Kaon, or checking that specific option on group finder.
Ok, you know what, scratch that. Just did three full guild runs. Three randoms T1. Three Kaons in a row

DataBeaver
02.09.2013 , 03:27 AM | #6
My DPS main has not once gotten False Emperor randomly despite having done dozens of FPs through the group finder. My tank alt has done only five or so, and has gotten False Emperor three times.

TW-Cool
02.09.2013 , 11:52 AM | #7
I've gotten Esseles twice in a row and of course my game crashes at the same point both times during the end conversation. Thankfully both groups waited for me to re-log. I never done Kaon and I'm hoping to never get it in the random group finder. I wish it was placed in with the LI FP Tier 2.

wainot-keel
02.09.2013 , 02:15 PM | #8
Kaon is a pain sometimes. It's a rather long FP and not much to skip. I don't think it's a T2 flashpoint. But true, it's harder than the others, but not because of the bosses, but for the trash. I hardly remember a wipe to any boss there, but bunch of them to a mix of Mercenaries, Screamers and Hunters.
And tanks don't like this FP. A few weeks ago, 3 tanks in a row quit the group as soon as they saw it was kaon

Tromador
02.09.2013 , 08:30 PM | #9
And the OP

... is a tank a lot of the time.

I guess I don't mind Kaon. It's as has been said, very long and the trash is a pain and... and... and...

...and mostly I'd like some variety.

Also, it doesn't count for the weekly conflicts, which adds insult to injury.

SleepyKing
02.09.2013 , 08:33 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TW-Cool View Post
I wish it was placed in with the LI FP Tier 2.
Me too. Not necessarily because it warrants tier 2 (though it is probably the hardest tier 1), but because that prevents people looking to do the Rakghoul weekly and queuing specifically for Kaon from dictating where random HM queuers go. If they put it in tier 2, people who wanted the weekly could just queue on tier two and not end up dragging random HM people to Kaon over and over.