Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

GMK Not Working?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Alkazonie
02.08.2013 , 10:47 PM | #1
Good Morning,

I am currently having problems on one of my characters with regards to the Galactic Market Kiosk... It will not let me 'Search' for anything... at first it didn't let me search anythin unique to my Sith or Khem, but now, i cant search anything atall... this is, in my eyes a major problem, and is ruining my playing experience...
Would much appreciate an employee reply with a solution(s)

Yours Sincerely,
Sikane

Beruthien
02.08.2013 , 10:51 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Alkazonie,

The first thing I would recommend would be to run the repair function on the launcher, to rule out any issues with the client files. To run the repair, please log in on the launcher, select the cog shape icon and then the repair function.

Please don't hesitate to come back to us if you have any further questions.

Thank you!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Radzkie
02.08.2013 , 11:03 PM | #3
This may not be the problem but...if you set the "Rarity" category to "Any" it wont let you search. So make sure it's set to "Cheap" or anything after that on the list. At least that's how it has always worked for me.

Alkazonie
02.08.2013 , 11:17 PM | #4
Forget previous post, running the repair now.

Beruthien
02.08.2013 , 11:19 PM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Alkazonie,

After logging in please wait 5 minutes to see if there is any kind of launcher update downloaded. If the repair still remains unavailable, please go to www.swtor.com/download, download the latest launcher setup file and run the setup over the current installation. Please try running the repair again after this.

Please don't hesitate to come back to us if you have any further questions.

Edit: Let me know how it goes after repair

Thank you!

Alkazonie
02.08.2013 , 11:29 PM | #6
Sigh,

repair complete, logged in, tried again, nothing.

Is this a common issue atall?

Also gave you got any other tricks up your sleeve or am I stuck playing this game without the GMK?

Alkazonie

Beruthien
02.08.2013 , 11:51 PM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Alkazonie,

This is the first time I hear of this issue.

Could you by any chance take a screenshot of the GTN interface so I could have a better idea what might be happening?

Thank you!

Niaymh
02.09.2013 , 02:01 AM | #8
Make sure the "Usable by" section is set to any and you don't have it set to only look for items usable by a certain companion or something.

Alkazonie
02.09.2013 , 11:07 AM | #9
For some reason my print screen isn't working...

to describe it, this is how it looks:

Category:
Armor

Subcategory:
Heavy Armour

Slot:
Any

Rarity:
Any

Useable By:
Khem Val

Stats:
Any

Required Level:
1-50

Cost Range:
1-1000000000

I then clcik search, and nothing comes up... i do this for me aswell in the 'usage' tab, obv changing the Armor to Light armour etc, and still nothing....

Hope this is sufficient?

Alkazonie

Niaymh
02.09.2013 , 11:28 AM | #10
See my post above.

Change "Usable by Khem Val" to "Usable by any".

If you have usable by Khem Val turned on it will only show items that can only be worn by Khem Val, like Khem Val customizations and stuff.