Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Eyefinity Fisheye

ReddRocker
02.08.2013 , 10:09 PM | #1
I just started using eyefinity and it looks great on other games but I get a fisheye perspective on the side monitors. The center monitor looks great but the side ones get very skewed and distorted. However, the UI does NOT distort. Just the actual world graphics. I'm using an ATI 7770 graphics card. Any thoughts or suggestions?

OwenBrooks
02.08.2013 , 11:55 PM | #2
It maybe related to invalid edid data being reported in windows or it may simply be that eyeinity just doesnt work with swtor. Only things I can think of.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=100907

nattodaisuki
02.09.2013 , 07:15 PM | #3
Eyefinity works because I just built a rig with Two Radeon HD 7870's with a resolution of 3240x1920 across 3 monitors.

I'm not a Radeon guy and these are the first Radeons I've used since the HD 2800's which I used a long time ago. (mainly because I like Nvidia cards better, and I could code/compile my own drivers for Nvidia cards )

It could be a video driver issue, or a setting in the driver, or even a conflict with another driver.
I didn't use the newest driver, and I downloaded a couple and tried them all to see which one worked and which one had problems.

Unfortunately, I pulled the two Radeon HD 7870's out and replaced them with Two Nvidia Geforce GTX 660Ti's, so I don't know which version worked . Just have to try a couple I guess.
My slightly over-spec Rig, built specifically for Swtor: Core i7 3820 OC'ed @4.6GHz / MSI X79A-GD65 Mobo / Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866MHz 8GB x8 / Four 120GB 6Gb/s SSD in RAID0 / nVidia GTX Titan / Enermax Platimax 1200 watt PSU / 3 Acer HN274Hbmiiid 3D Compatible 27inch monitors. CPU and the GTX Titan are custom water-cooled.

OwenBrooks
02.09.2013 , 07:38 PM | #4
If it is known to work in swtor then I would say it is related to the EDID as the UI not distorting is an indication of this due to the wrong aspect ratio being called on the monitor in question, as per that link above someone said with radeon this can be overidden in the ccc.

Hope you can find a solution.