Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Operative Concealment dps (Kephees nightmare kill)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Operative Concealment dps (Kephees nightmare kill)

Carlenux's Avatar


Carlenux
02.08.2013 , 12:40 PM | #1
Concealment dps - 1802 dps - HATRED - title

heres a post of our last semi alt title run kill, my operative perspective again but this time concealment, so people can stop saying concealment ops cant dps, just need to do it right and dps is just fine... Torparse is top 3 best Dps behind a PT and my other alt marauder 1805 dps (complete fights), so yeah next time someone say ops cant dps, show them this link or my other video in lethality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQR4V0RDnLg

torparse: http://www.torparse.com/a/126922

-Sirus-'s Avatar


-Sirus-
02.08.2013 , 02:09 PM | #2
Grats.

People keep complaining their class is UP and devs keep replying that their internal testing shows all classes as viable. My belief is that some classes/specs have a more simple/intuitive rotation to get a baseline viable dps for progression level content. Cudos on showing that operatives can get it done.

Kitru's Avatar


Kitru
02.08.2013 , 02:10 PM | #3
You massively fluffed your actual DPS by cranking out disgusting DPS numbers on the Trenchcutters. Just because you can AoE the living bejeesus out of stuff *like every other Agent/Smuggler* does not mean you're pulling *teh amazing DPS*. Your actual applied DPS, when DPS is actually important (re: ST DPS on Kephess exclusive and you don't have 2+ targets to DoT up and inflate your DPS with), was in the 1400-1500 range. You're not pulling amazing numbers and neither are any other Operatives or Scoundrels.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

iimagiicii's Avatar


iimagiicii
02.08.2013 , 02:14 PM | #4
and you click...

dipstik's Avatar


dipstik
02.08.2013 , 04:47 PM | #5
gratz.

but please dont let the devs think that scrapper dps is balanced... cuz it aint. its underpowered

rob_y's Avatar


rob_y
02.08.2013 , 06:48 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
You massively fluffed your actual DPS by cranking out disgusting DPS numbers on the Trenchcutters. Just because you can AoE the living bejeesus out of stuff *like every other Agent/Smuggler* does not mean you're pulling *teh amazing DPS*. Your actual applied DPS, when DPS is actually important (re: ST DPS on Kephess exclusive and you don't have 2+ targets to DoT up and inflate your DPS with), was in the 1400-1500 range. You're not pulling amazing numbers and neither are any other Operatives or Scoundrels.
Glad I was saved the trouble of checking for that. Flyby / Orbital Strike can provide huge DPS boosts that are certainly helpful in some fights, but aren't the same thing as having balanced single target DPS.
Yan (55 - Scoundrel) Silch (50 - Guardian) Hoeven (50 - Commando)
Thith'yan (50 - Sorceror) D'lamia (50 - Marauder) Brazo (55 - Powertech)
RIVAL
The Fatman -> Prophecy of the Five

Ansalem's Avatar


Ansalem
02.08.2013 , 08:49 PM | #7
at first I was impressed then I looked at the breakdown of dmg dealt on the fight...then I laughed a bunch. 192k dmg...his highest dps numbers by a lot...come from Orbital strike. from the looks of his other numbers without his AoE boost he was pulling around 1550-1600 dps...fair, but not impressive.

Carlenux's Avatar


Carlenux
02.08.2013 , 08:59 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
You massively fluffed your actual DPS by cranking out disgusting DPS numbers on the Trenchcutters. Just because you can AoE the living bejeesus out of stuff *like every other Agent/Smuggler* does not mean you're pulling *teh amazing DPS*. Your actual applied DPS, when DPS is actually important (re: ST DPS on Kephess exclusive and you don't have 2+ targets to DoT up and inflate your DPS with), was in the 1400-1500 range. You're not pulling amazing numbers and neither are any other Operatives or Scoundrels.
meeeh

Kitru's Avatar


Kitru
02.08.2013 , 09:13 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Carlenux View Post
my operative can pull 1920-1950 no armor reduction in dummy, just like all other classes but marauders/PTs
Post *that* parse and I'll believe you.

What I *said* was that you didn't actually deal 1.9k DPS in the sense that *everyone else on the planet uses it*: on Kephess, you managed all of 1.4k DPS during a phase where you're given free reign to just dump damage into the boss. During that same phase, everyone else is going to be pulling 1.8k or more if they have even the remotest clue what they're doing. The *only* reason you're pulling 1.9k DPS *on average* is because your numbers are massively inflated by multi-dotting (as evidenced by the percentages of total damage on every other phase for DoTs and ST attacks being different from your Kephess phase) and AoE abuse. There are gunslingers that have pulled in excess of 2.5k DPS on entire boss fights: it wasn't because they were actually dealing 2.5k DPS on single targets; it was because they were using and abusing their AoEs. The same goes for any class with substantial AoE or multi-dotting capability on a fight where multiple enemies are present on a regular basis.

You did not, in the sense that *everyone else* uses the term, pull 1.9k DPS. You pulled 1.9k total DPS, factoring in your AoE, for the entire fight. A properly played gunslinger would pull *way* more than that, because they're going to pull 1.9k ST DPS and then inflate that number further by using their AoEs just like you did.

In short, no, you haven't proven your point in *any* way, shape, or form. You cherrypicked a parse for a specific fight where it *looks* like you did a lot of DPS at a cursory glance. Anyone that actually knows how to read parses, however, knows that you never even got close to making your point. In fact, it did quite the opposite since you really were managing 1.4k ST DPS, which is exactly why people keep saying Scoundrels are bad.

edit: lol, and you edited out your entire reply and replace it with a nonsense dismissal. Good job there.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

bbare's Avatar


bbare
02.08.2013 , 09:25 PM | #10
Post yourself doing over 3200 dps on Kephess TFB then we can say operatives are not underpowered
The Vanity Legacy