Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

TFB Secret Zone

Flyluke
02.07.2013 , 11:55 PM | #291
Quote:
I received this message in my PM box yesterday in regards to the orb...I don't know the person and don't know what it means. Perhaps nothing? I wonder.. It came in this format.

Quote:
The orb is a gateway to something more. You will find it where they scream together in the darkness of your mercy.

The Rogue
Doesn't the amulett say something like "Forces everybody near you to scream" ? and I would consider the cave as rather dark and TFB as a mercy of some kind.
So assuming the message isn't a troll and is really there to help us finding out what the Orb is all about it tells us to further investigate the cave where the entity spawns. Has somebody allready tryed to use the orb in the Entity Cave? Maybe, and thats just guessing to this point, it turns the player you use it on in a gate of some kind and you get in a completely hidden room. Would be cool to be able to kick the last 3% out of the TFB instead of letting it fly back in the Hypergate ;-)

Has somebody else got this strange message? Where you the one the instance was belonging to when beating the entity?

AshlaBoga
02.08.2013 , 06:58 AM | #292
Quote:
The orb is a gateway to something more. You will find it where they scream together in the darkness of your mercy.
Okay that seems like either NiM TFB or DM (The Dread Masters). I'm guessing that's it something for the final Operation in the Dread Master saga. Maybe we need the orb in order to beat the 6th Operation? If so that would be pretty cool
FEAR REMAINS ETERNAL, Jung Ma server
Fear Remains Eternal
Lord of Corruption

Viendir
02.08.2013 , 09:00 AM | #293
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
you try using the orb in the white circle during dreadtooth?

what is that circle for?

also i think the title resurgest is a clue
the white circle is a marker for the point where you first pulled dreadtooth, anyone in the ops group within a certain distance of the circle then receives the drouk hunter buff.

"the Resurgent" refers to the stacks of "Dreadful Resurgence" we put on the boss.
Pidgey -Vanguard DPS
Cunning -Gunslinger DPS
Carnage Gaming
www.RaidOrDie.com

AshlaBoga
02.08.2013 , 11:51 AM | #294
Quote: Originally Posted by Viendir View Post
the white circle is a marker for the point where you first pulled dreadtooth, anyone in the ops group within a certain distance of the circle then receives the drouk hunter buff.

"the Resurgent" refers to the stacks of "Dreadful Resurgence" we put on the boss.
I still think it's something to do with either NiM TFB or the 6th Operation (which probably won't be out until late 2013).
Fear Remains Eternal
Lord of Corruption

Beslley
02.08.2013 , 12:12 PM | #295
Maybe using it in NiM TFB causes the Dread Masters to spawn as a boss? That would be pretty rad.

EDIT: Corrected the operation name. Hurr.
<Death and Taxes>
Prophecy of the Five

Beslley - dps sorc | Arenatah - snoipah | Nef'arian - dps op | Alexstraza - slinger
KHEM VAL IS MY COPILOT

AshlaBoga
02.08.2013 , 02:35 PM | #296
Quote: Originally Posted by Beslley View Post
Maybe using it in NiM TFB causes the Dread Masters to spawn as a boss? That would be pretty rad.

EDIT: Corrected the operation name. Hurr.
Well that's assuming it's a NiM TFB mission.

From what's happened so far:

1. Patch 1.4: The Terror From Beyond
-16 Man HM has a special effect in a cave

2. Patch 1.5: Section X & HK-51
- New World Boss, Dreadtooth

i) Dreadtooth drops Dread Guard mask which protects you from "Dread Touch"
ii) 10 Stack Dreadtooth drops Amulet which summons 16 HM TFB cave enemy Dreadful Entity
ii) Dreadful Entity drops Dreadful Orb

So I'm thinking that there's nothing in Patch 1.4-6 that relates to the orb and that the Orb is 1.7 content.
Fear Remains Eternal
Lord of Corruption

AnteJeebuz
02.09.2013 , 08:53 PM | #297
Quote: Originally Posted by Gudeldar View Post
This is the effect details for the orb from torhead.

Effect Subeffect Type Text
0 1 condition IsInCombat: Negated=>1, Actor=>Target
0 1 condition HasEffect: FromActor=>None, Negated=>1, Actor=>Caster, Count=>1
1 1 action CallEffect: FromActor=>Caster, EffectNumber=>2
1 1 action PlayAppearance: DependentOnCallingEffect=>1, AppearanceSpec=>epp.qtr.1x4.daily.belsavis.superbo ss.itm_orb_toss
2 0 init SetDuration: MaxDuration=>15000, Duration=>15000, Toughness=>3
2 0 init SetStackLimit: MaxStackCount=>1
2 0 init SetHidden: IsHidden=>1
2 0 condition IfCalledByEffect
2 1 action PlayAppearance: AppearanceSpec=>epp.qtr.1x4.daily.belsavis.superbo ss.itm_orb_persist
Try it on PD and DT. With DT try it on 10 stacks. Since it drops on a 10x stack kill (essentially) try no more then less then that.

Arahakust
02.10.2013 , 07:20 PM | #298
Combining the two rarest items in the game didn't seem to work. We were hoping for some Czerka/Gree hybrid easter egg =[

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...60527689_n.jpg
-=Memories of Xendor=-

youtube.com/memoriesofxendor

AshlaBoga
02.10.2013 , 09:09 PM | #299
Quote: Originally Posted by Arahakust View Post
Combining the two rarest items in the game didn't seem to work. We were hoping for some Czerka/Gree hybrid easter egg =[

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...60527689_n.jpg
Oh, man combining those two would have been insane if it worked. But I don't think BW would have gone that route - the crate is a 1/1.3 Billion drop so it would have made it nigh impossible for most people to ever finish this "mission" series.

I'd say maybe use it inside the mind trap on Belsavis but that's Imperial only so it can't be that...
Fear Remains Eternal
Lord of Corruption

dipstik
02.11.2013 , 12:48 PM | #300
so carnage, mox and hatred have all gotten the orb.

it would be ncie if they could use this thread to discuss what they have tried with their orbs as to avoid testing the same things.