Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lag spikes, disconnects etc.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Lag spikes, disconnects etc.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthInsiria
02.08.2013 , 10:19 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
What sort of connection do you have whereby they can change a wireless channel ?
Not sure if I understand what you're asking for, but my connection is a fiber powered broadband.
If it's not the information you're asking for try to guide me onto proper tracks
[50] Insiria - Sith Juggernaut [50] Kyrae - Sith Assassin
[17] Asathis - Mercenary [17] Nelrae - Jedi Sentinel

OwenBrooks
02.08.2013 , 10:51 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthInsiria View Post
Not sure if I understand what you're asking for, but my connection is a fiber powered broadband.
If it's not the information you're asking for try to guide me onto proper tracks
it's ok i looked up your connection at UPC, did you have a read of the link i gave with the guy with packet loss on his 2nd hop . note the question that came up first in regards to IP flood protection, but he appears to have similar issues as you. ping spikes and packet loss on 2nd hop

DarthInsiria
02.08.2013 , 11:11 AM | #53
it's ok i looked up your connection at UPC, did you have a read of the link i gave with the guy with packet loss on his 2nd hop . note the question that came up first in regards to IP flood protection, but he appears to have similar issues as you. ping spikes and packet loss on 2nd hop
Yeah read through it just now, weird that I didn't see the link before :P
My IP flood detection is off (can't see one with "protection" so I assume they're the same thing)

OwenBrooks
02.08.2013 , 11:24 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthInsiria View Post
Yeah read through it just now, weird that I didn't see the link before :P
My IP flood detection is off (can't see one with "protection" so I assume they're the same thing)
Yes is the same thing, looking at the rest of your tracert you should have a flawless connection to swtor it is just that hop 2 , and it is highly unusual as it indicates ping timeouts aka packet loss ie. 24ms * * ( * = timed out ) this would/can translate too latency and ping spikes same as the guy in the provided link.

This is all I can say, the timeouts is screwy it isn't like a router configured to drop these packets as it would be a 100% loss and it isn't. Sorry i cannot help further as i think your issue does lay with hop 2 just need them to monitor it or run a ping plotter like the guy in the link to record the link as proof to the 2 nd hop

DarthInsiria
02.08.2013 , 11:36 AM | #55
Yes is the same thing, looking at the rest of your tracert you should have a flawless connection to swtor it is just that hop 2 , and it is highly unusual as it indicates ping timeouts aka packet loss ie. 24ms * * ( * = timed out ) this would/can translate too latency and ping spikes same as the guy in the provided link.

This is all I can say, the timeouts is screwy it isn't like a router configured to drop these packets as it would be a 100% loss and it isn't. Sorry i cannot help further as i think your issue does lay with hop 2 just need them to monitor it or run a ping plotter like the guy in the link to record the link as proof to the 2 nd hop
Ok thanks for all the help this far. I'm already running PingPlotter to check over the connection and I get up to 20% packet loss on 2nd hop. Guess I'll have to contact my ISP again and show them that actually something isn't right here unlucky for me that I'll have to wait for the response until next working week.

OwenBrooks
02.09.2013 , 12:19 AM | #56
Would be great if you can say how you get on, It is interesting, if you wanted to give me your cable modem stats I can post them elsewhere for those way more knowledgable then me on cable modems to have a look at the settings and the errors recorded.

Just a thought if no solution is forth coming next week for you.

ReGenosis
02.09.2013 , 02:29 AM | #57
I've noticed that since 1.7 dll's DO NOT unload themselves...
(yea, yea, i know, i should not even BE looking into dll's in Swtor, but apparently neither has the dev's)
You load an area, and they stay loaded until you crash of a problem i thought was squashed with the Amiga 1000...
Memory overflow..
Simply, every time anything load, that STAYS loaded in your RAM until YOU run out of RAM at that point WINDOWS has a built in feature that looks around after the "virus" eating the RAM, and auto-kills it for you...
In this case that virus is swtor.exe

ssudd
02.09.2013 , 03:06 AM | #58
Also having this issue. I'm not terribly tech savvy, so if some kind soul would link a how-to for the diagnostic, I'd gladly run it. My net connection is spotless, but my problems with TOR are game-wide. I'm west coast on an east coast server (Jung Ma). Rolled a toon on a west coast server, just to test it out. Same issue persists. Lag sits at around 84ms, then hops up and down violently between that and 1k. Max I've seen before DC was 60k. Disconnects are rare, but result in the eternal load screen. The problem will last for a few days to a week, then tends to vanish for a day or so. Tried the file repair tool just in case there was a problem with the download, but it hasn't helped.

OwenBrooks
02.09.2013 , 03:16 AM | #59
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...hp?t=498597#67

tracert and pathping is what you are looking for in the above link

DarthInsiria
02.09.2013 , 11:02 AM | #60
I have to say that yesterday I didn't get a single d/c during those 6/7 hours I have played. It might be that my ISP actually fixed something during the re-config they made as I requested. Also today I received response from them according to the PingPlotter proof of packet loss I have sent and they have informed me that my issue has been forwarded to the Tech and they will look into it and later contact me.
Now I'll try to play a bit and see if yesterday's miracle of no d/c is permanent